3

Miss Unseen

 


 

The days later passed casually like always. But something unusual happened to me in school, and I didn’t like it. Many times Ahn Daniel glared at me whenever he met me around. He clearly remembered me from the incident in the class before. But, how much important Baek Yejin to him that he hated me this much because I did nothing earlier?

Although people said that Ahn Daniel was a gangster member, we never saw him doing violence in school. Whether it was real or it was just a gossip that happened because his stern appearance, he rarely spoke to people in class if it not needed and otherwise everyone didn’t dare to talk to him. So, when recently he sent those cold stares to me, I thought maybe I was the first one who made him annoyed so much.

 

Today the history teacher ordered us to work his assignment in groups. Every group consisted of five students he had chosen before.

“Group five! Lee Jinah, Ahn Daniel, Choi Sumin, Oh Sehun and Han Nara.” he announced.

Every other girl in class who wasn’t listed in group five sighed. Ahn Daniel and Oh Sehun were listed in one group and only three girls could work with them. Kim Eunji’s pretty face turned sour when she didn’t get in the same group either with Oh Sehun or Ahn Daniel.

Jinah and Sumin approached Oh Sehun and held each of his arms as soon as Mr. Kim ordered us to go to the library. History was the last class today, so after worked together we could go home. I personally wanted this day ended as soon as possible, even though working together with Oh Sehun was so tempting.

 

“Sehun oppa! How will we do it?”

“Oppa, you will teach me, won’t you?”.

I snickered behind them. How could they call Sehun oppa when they would call other male students in class with their names? Unintentionally I looked to my right side while chuckling; to my surprise Ahn Daniel was looking at me with creased brows.

I forgot that there was another person in this group. Did he see me mocked them? Anyway, now he glared at me even more. I accelerated my steps forward so that I didn’t see his face. What was wrong with that guy really?

 

Oh Sehun as the smartest person between us was chosen to be the leader. He then divided the task into five parts so that each of us could search the required material from the library and worked on it individually before we combined the parts together as a finishing.

“Oppa? Which one I should read? This one or this one?” Choi Sumin came to Sehun with two books in her hands.

“Wow! You’re so fast!” Sehun scratched his head confused, “Let me look at them.”

He just finished splitting the task a minute ago. We didn’t even move from our seats yet but that girl had back from the bookshelf.

 

Suddenly Lee Jinah pulled his hand and pleaded; “Oppa, help me to find the book I need. I reaaally need your help, Sehun oppa!”

Sumin immediately grabbed Oh Sehun other hand, “He’s with me first! Oppa said he will teach me!”

“No, you’ve found your books! I can’t find my materials so I really need Sehun oppa!” Jinah didn’t let Choi Sumin win.

“Hey, could yo-” Oh Sehun tried to speak.

“No! I still didn’t understand my part, I need oppa. And I’m the one who ask him first!” Sumin glared to Jinah.

 

“Thud!” Ahn Daniel put his books on the table.

“Could you be quiet?” he eyed the two girls sternly.

Sumin and Jinah gasped and released Oh Sehun.

“I- I’m sorry,” Choi Sumin quietly sat down and opened her books.

“I haven’t found a book for my part yet, so could you search yours on your own first?” Oh Sehun said to Lee Jinah, “I’ll teach both of you later, okay?”

Lee Jinah nodded while eyeing Ahn Daniel who looked at his own book nonchalantly.

 

When we worked on the large table later, Sumin and Jinah still attached to Oh Sehun. They were asking his attention as often as possible. Being a kind guy as always, Oh Sehun still answered them with his smile, though awkwardly. However, the two girls tried to do it not too blatantly as they feared Ahn Daniel would be annoyed.

As happy as they could be in the same table with Ahn Daniel, they were still afraid to him. The girls were only stealing glances to him occasionally. They wouldn’t dare to touch him like they did to Oh Sehun.

 

“Nara, is there something you don’t understand?”

I was startled when I heard someone other than teachers called my name, moreover it was Oh Sehun. He looked at me from across the table with his genuine smile.

“…” I was speechless as my mind went blank for a moment.

I felt my face heated. I was sure blushes crept on my cheeks when I blinked my eyes ensuring that he really referred his words to me.

“No?” he smiled again while shrugging his shoulders, “Okay.”

 

Oh Sehun really knew my self? Fool me. Of course it was because the teacher called our names before, right? I shouldn’t be too moved because of it. I shouldn’t be too happy that a light people like him noticed me.

But, somehow I felt inappropriate to stay quiet. He proved his kindness. Even though the two girls always took up his time, here he was, Oh Sehun realized that I existed.

“Um, I-“ my voice sounded weird through my own ears.

“Yeah?” Oh Sehun inclined to me.

“I- I think I d- don’t have any questions right now.”

That was it. Finally I could speak to Oh Sehun althought the heat didn't fade from my face.

 

Oh Sehun chuckled, “Alright! I just thought that you’re quiet because you’re confused. So, actually everything’s good there.”

I was mesmerized by his eye smile until a loud sound heard. Ahn Daniel purposely hit his books on the table beside me.

“So Sehun, I’ve finished. Now what?” he stared at the guy indifferently.

“We’ll suppose to merge our parts together. But Sumin and Jinah haven’t done yet.” Oh Sehun replied.

“If they didn’t be so busy trying to get your attention they should be finished it by now.” Ahn Daniel commented.

The two girls beside Oh Sehun gasped; suddenly focusing with their tasks.

 

“I don’t have many times.” Daniel declared, his eyes squinting at the three people in front of him.

“Are you done?” Oh Sehun asked me, ignoring Ahn Daniel.

I nodded.

“Alright. You can combine your part with Nara first!” with that he returned to his own task again.

Slowly I raised my face to look at Ahn Daniel. He looked unhappy but he moved closer while shifting his papers to me. Then he looked at my eyes.

 

“What?”

I was surprised that my tongue let a word slipped from my mouth when I supposed to be careful to this guy.

His eyes lighted up for a second before he furrowed.

“I actually don’t like to work with terrible person like you.” he grunted.

“Oh, so you only like to work with Baek Yejin?”

At this moment, Oh Sehun, Choi Sumin and Lee Jinah stopped their works and stared at us. I obviously didn’t know why my mouth didn’t synchronize with my sanity.

As I saw Ahn Daniel glowered at me in silence, I realized that I didn’t tremble while facing him. This was very strange. I usually stuttered when I first talked to people except my families. Even though Ahn Daniel was a stranger to me, I faced him like a stone statue.

 

“Are you trying to bring it?” his eyes narrowed.

“You’re the one who don’t like to work with me.”

Oh no, my mouth didn’t know when it should stop.

Ahn Daniel stood up from his seat. He shook his head while looking at me with his cold eyes.

“Pathetic.” he whispered before he took his bag and went away.

Oh Sehun rose from his seat looking puzzled, “Daniel!”

 


AN:

I'm so sorry for the late update.

I have many problems in my college and my home.

I hope you'll understand because I can't concentrate to write a thing sometimes.

But I'll promise that I continue this fic.

Thank you -bow-