1

Miss Unseen

 


Note:

Due to some readers who asked me, I decide to change the phrases and give names to the female characters:

Miss Unseen        : Han Nara

Princess of Light  : Kim Eunji

Bully Queen           : Cho Hana

Bullied Girl             : Baek Yejin


 

I fixed my uniform in front of the mirror and checked myself. A girl with plain face and plain straight black hair was staring back at me. I couldn’t smile at the sight in front of me. The girl was too plain and boring. No, boring was still nice. It meant somebody had judged you. In my situation, I thought nobody was even aware that I existed. I took a glance one more time to the mirror. There I was, Miss Unseen.

“Mom, see you!” I walked to the front door.

“See you later! Have a nice day and study hard okay?” my mom replied from the kitchen.

“Okay.”

I walked in extremely relaxed pace, or I should say very slowly. Thruthfully, everyday I didn’t have motivation to go to high school. It was just because studying was my job as my parent’s daughter.

 

A few meters in front of me, a girl with artificial curly brown hair was walking. She was laughing with her friends. She was my neighbor and my schoolmate, Kim Eunji. How should I describe her? Well, she was shining. Everyone would automatically recognize her from the radiating beauty and glowing smiles she had. You couldn’t feel gloomy aura from her.

I had known her since my childhood. We were friends before, still good friends I guessed. But I didn’t belong in her popular gang, because I wouldn’t afford it. Popular gang consisted of pretty and feminine girls who like to talk about beauty and boys. The members should be strong enough to endure long hours of treatments in beauty shop and talking about stay-in-shape tips. I of course, was not qualified.

The gang started formed when we were in junior high school and I started being left behind ever since that time.

 

“Hi, Eunji!” a tall boy suddenly came approaching her.

He was Oh Sehun, a popular boy in our high school. He had a lean body and light-colored hair which emphasized his handsome face. He looked awesome even when he did nothing but he would look marvelous when he smiled brightly like he did now. He had attractive eye smiles.

I thought he had a thing to Eunji, and she did too. I guessed they were fit to each others. When they walked together people could see emanating light from the couple, which was blinding. They were shining people.

Though people could see that they were flirting to each others, but we knew they weren’t a couple yet. Maybe Eunji was still confused. You know many guys wanted to be Eunji’s boyfriend, but the two strong candidates were Oh Sehun and Ahn Daniel.

 

Ahn Daniel was another popular boy in school. He wasn’t a flower boy type like Sehun, he was more like a bad boy type. In fact, he was one of notorious high school gang members in our school. When I remembered him again, he had such ridiculously big lips, dark skinned and slightly curl dark brown hair. But, those still made him looked attractive.

I could say he was good looking in a contrast term with Sehun. Sehun had a shining aura while Daniel had a dark mysterious aura. They were like day and night.

Faced with two very different but enticing guys should be made a high school girl like Kim Eunji confused. It was hard to choose between flower boy and bad boy, right? It was like two kinds of teenage dream for every high school girl, being chased by flower boy or bad boy. But, of course Eunji had only one step left to reach her dream successfully.

 

Without realization, apparently I had arrived at the school gate. When I entered the school, my eyes were noticing a crowd of students in front of our class. There she was, the mighty Cho Hana. She glared with hands on hip to a girl who was sobbing on the floor. People were stopping at the scene.

“Oh my! Cho Hana’s so scary!” Eunji furrowed.

“Bad girl!” her gang members replied responsively.

Oh Sehun took steps into the crowd, “What are you doing, Cho Hana?!”

“O-Oh Sehun?” both of the bully and the bullied startled.

Have I told you that Cho Hana had a crush for Oh Sehun? Yes, she was.

 

“She’s the one who doesn’t know her place!” Hana pointed Baek Yejin.

“And who do you think you are to tell people where their places?” a boy stepped in.

It was Ahn Daniel. He reached out to Yejin making her stood up. Her face now was as red as crimson.

“T-thank you,” she stuttered.

Cho Hana twitched to Ahn Daniel, “That’s why she doesn’t know her place! She’s seeking attention from you guys!”

“Oh, shut up. You’re the one who looks for attention.” Daniel hissed.

 

“Ahn Daniel! Y-you!” Hana stomped.

The latter only sighed and walked, leaving the scene.

Cho Hana now turned her face Sehun. Tidying her jet black hair, she smiled at the boy, “Good morning, Oppa!”

Hana was a beautiful girl too but her beauty was different from Eunji. While Eunji emitted innocence aura, Hana was epitome of hotness. She had long black hair and red lips. She had long lashes and a body that could make girls lost in jealousy. But obviously, Oh Sehun didn’t care for a bit.

“I’m not your oppa!” Oh Sehun passed.

“Damn you!” Hana glared at Eunji who giggled with her gang.

 

As soon as the bell started ringing, students started to run to their classes.

“Ouch!” I groaned when someone bumped at my shoulder.

Baek Yejin bowed at me, “S-sorry,” she stuttered. Before I could answer, she ran to our class.

Second after that, I was bumped by someone again. This time, I cried harder. A guy glanced at me with a puzzled face. Ahn Daniel.

“Oh, sorry.” he said before continued to walk.

Was I this invisible? Even Baek Yejin being bullied because she was seen by Cho Hana.

Sigh.