She's waiting. He's tired.

Shattered

 

h a p t e r  N i n e

 

“I have only one request. Please give me a proper job or work to do. I won’t bother you anymore,” Hyuna said, almost pleading. She gave up asking him questions. Now she just want him to tell her what to do. She don’t want to be a bother to the servants and Helda too by always asking them what she can help them with.

“I told you already. You can do whatever you want,” Junhyung replied coolly.

“Now I’m doing whatever I want which is asking you to give me a proper work. You obviously don’t need anymore servants in the house and it would be a bother if I keep interfering with their work. Please. Give me something to do. Anything,” Hyuna said. She dared to say the word anything because she had experienced many kinds of ‘anything’ from different guys. Plus, she know Junhyung is not like those guys at all.

Junhyung sighed and glanced over at Hyuna. She was looking at him expectingly. When he thought about it, it does bothers the servants and Helda around the house with Hyuna asking them what she can do. Its like he brought a problem to the house and not doing anything about it. But people did not complain just because he’s the young master and he can do whatever he want. Junhyung doesn’t like that. He don’t like to be treated as a young master that doesn’t care about people who work for him.

And he still remembers what his late mother’s last words were. Don’t cause trouble for anyone.

“Fine. You’ll be my personal servant. Happy now? I’m only doing this because I don’t want to cause any trouble for ahjumma and the servants to find work for you when I’m the one that brought you to the house,” Junhyung said finally.

Personal servant?

Hyuna smiled although she don’t know exactly what she had to do as his personal servant. She’s just glad Junhyung give her something to do.

“Thank you. Um.. But what do I have to do?” she asked.

“You can do whatever you want without bothering anyone in the house when I’m at work. You can clean my room if you want to. Just don’t look through my drawers,” Junhyung started. Hyuna just nodded, trying to remember everything that he said.

“If you want to eat, just look for it yourself unless the cooks or ahjumma offered to help you cook or give you food.” Give me food? Damn it sounds as if I was a pet in the house, Hyuna thought.

“When I get back home, don’t disturb me unless I call for you,” Junhyung said.

“Any other personal orders? Like get your towel ready or take your bag for you…?” Hyuna said.

“Nope,” he answered simply. Junhyung doesn’t need any personal servant. He prefers doing things by himself. He don’t like to trouble anyone. But since he didn’t want Hyuna to trouble the people in his house, he just had to give her the job as his personal servant although she won’t be doing much.

 

The next day, that’s exactly what Hyuna did. When Junhyung went to work, she went to his room to clean but when she opened the door, she found the whole room already clean. His bed was made, no clothes being scattered arounf the bed or floor. Everything was fine. Hyuna was sure no servant had came into the room before her so it only means that Junhyung did not leave his room in a mess before he went to work.

Then what am I supposed to do??? Hyuna grumbled to herself. She frowned with a slight pout, looking at the already clean room.

Hyuna decided to go to his bathroom, to see if there’s anything ‘unclean’.

“Even his toiletries are in order…” Hyuna huffed out frustratingly.

She was allowed to be in the living room, watching the television shows. She can sit by the swing outside in the garden and look at the flowers and trees.

Instead she spent the whole day sitting in Junhyung’s room. When she felt hungry, she went down to see what the the servants and butlers were eating since Junhyung didn’t come back for lunch. She joined them and went back to the young master’s room.

Sometimes she just sat on his bed, staring at the wall. At times she looked around the spacious room without touching anything or going through his things. She was like a pet (exactly) just waiting for the owner to come home. She couldn’t ask for things to do because Junhyung said not to bother the people in the house. She don’t want to act like a young mistress and just watch television shows the whole day.

 

Junhyung got home around 9 at night and he went straight to his room. There was exceptionally a lot of work that day and client problems that he had to solve that by the time he reached home, he was dead tired.

He switched on the light and locked the door. He chucked his bag on the floor, taking off his white buttoned up shirt and tie along the way to the bathroom.

Junhyung took a quick shower and stepped out of the bathroom feeling ready to sleep. He was busy drying his hair as he walked out of the bathroom when he just noticed a sleeping figure on his bed. He jumped slightly, not expecting someone to be in his room the whole time he had came home.

She was sleeping right at the edge of the bed and was still in sitting position just that her upper body was lying on the bed.

What was she doing here? He thought as he tilted his head to the side, looking at her.

For the first time, he was looking carefully at her features. Her nose, cheeks, lips, everything about her face down to how soft her hair was flowing. Junhyung snapped out of his daze and stood up straight, looking around the room.

Junhyung didn’t want to wake her up because she looked so peaceful while sleeping. But he knows he has to. He was about to squat down infront of her to wake her up gently when he remembered that he’s not supposed to be like that. Junhyung stood infront of her knees and tapped her arm gently.

Hyuna opened her eyes slowly and squinted as the once dark room was brightly lit by the room light. She sat up carefully and looked at the person who had woken her up. now she was fully awake seeing that it was Junhyung. She quickly stood up and bowed slightly to him.

“Why are you sleeping here?” he asked.

“I.. Um.. I was.. I was waiting for you to come home. I fell asleep. I’m so sorry. It won’t happen again,” Hyuna said, looking down and biting her lip nervously.

“You were waiting for me? Why?” he asked again, eyebrows furrowed to the middle.

“I had nothing to do..” she replied softly.

Junhyung didn’t ask anymore questions and walked to his cupboard to put on some clothes.

“Um.. Do you need.. anything?” she asked.

“Nope.”

Hyuna awkwardly nodded to herself and went out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Junhyung heard the door close and looked over his shoulder slightly. He turned back to his open cupboard with a soft sigh.


Not much progress but, can you guys guess why Junhyung 'remembered that he's not supposed to be like that'? ;)

COMMENT && SUBSCRIBE! <33