He talks. She listens.

Shattered

 

h a p t e r  T w o

 

 

Upon reaching his car, he opened the door to the passenger seat and waited for the girl to go in. She just stood there, unsure of what to do.

 

“Go in,” he said. She was shocked that he had opened the door for her and even so called invited her to go into the car. Unlike the men that had rented her in the past, they would just shoved her inside or went inside and expect the to just follow along.

 

She looked up slightly under her long hair and went inside the car. Junhyung shut the door close and went to the other side of the car.

 

“Where to young master?” his driver asked.

 

Junhyung sighed tiredly. “Home,” he said. The driver nod once and started the car. Junhyung leaned back on his seat and rubbed on his temples. He glanced to his side and noticed that her dress was short and torn everywhere. He leaned to the front and took his jacket laying on the front seat.

 

He gave her the jacket but she didn’t take it. She feared that she might get the expensive jacket dirty. She knows that she’s dirty. She feels dirty.

 

Junhyung opened the jcket wider and rested it on her lap gently. He sat back and closed his eyes. As if realising something, he took out his phone and send a quick message before keeping it back in his pocket and shutting his eyes again.

 

Soon enough, they reached Junhyung’s place and the driver had stopped infront of the entrance for Junhyung and the girl to go out first. Junhyung took his crumpler and went out. The girl went out by herself, not wanting Junhyung to open the door for her again. She’s not a ‘young master’. Even a young master like him opens the door himself.

 

The girl followed Junhyung as he walked into his house, welcomed by many housekeepers, butlers and some guards. All of them bowed to Junhyung the moment he stepped into the house. One of the housekeeper offered to take Junhyung’s bag for him but he rejected the offer with a polite shake of a head and smile.

 

He went up the stairs and the girl once again just followed him. The people that greeted Junhyung’s arrival was slightly confused as to who the girl was but they know Junhyung long enough to know that he wasn’t up to anything bad.

 

Junhyung reached upon a room and opened the door wide, taking a step inside. The girl stayed outside though.

 

“You can come in,” Junhyung said, turning to her. The girl kept her head down and walked in carefully.

 

“This will be your room from now on. I’ll send someone to give you a new set of clothes,” Junhyung said and simply walked out.

 

The girl didn’t know what to do. She wasn’t used to being treated like this. Wasn’t she a slave? Why is she given such a spacious room? With a bed and a cupboard along with her own personal bathroom. She was utterly confused by the man that had bought her.

 

She looked around the room, looking at everything except for the mirror. She had not seen her own reflection for almost 3 years. She had not spoken for the same long period of time too. Everything about her life changed eversince she was brought to the Slave Market. They were not allowed to talk unless they are told to- which probably mean never. They are not allowed to do anything other than following people around and being pushed around.

 

A sudden knock came at the door and one of the housekeepers walked in, smiling at the girl as she looked at her. she brought a set of new clothes and placed them neatly on the bed.

 

“Young master said you can bathe, sleep or just take a rest. If you’re hungry, just go down to the kitchen and we’ll cook something up for you,” she said politely and bowed before going out.

 

***

 

Junhyung changed into a pair of ¾ shorts and a plain white shirt before jogging down the stairs and walking into the kitchen where the cooks are cooking up dinner. He crept up behind an elderly woman in her mid 50s and hugged her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder.

 

“Ahjumma… what are you cooking..?” Junhyung said in a child-like manner. The elder woman chuckled and pat Junhyung’s cheek.

 

“Dinner Junhyung-ah… Are you hungry already?” she asked, smiling. She is the only person in the house that calls Junhyung by his name. Junhyung treat her like his own mother and she too had treated Junhyung as her own son.

 

Junhyung pouted and nodded. “But it’s okay. I’ll just wait a little while more,” he grinned and broke the hug, standing up straight.

 

“That’s my boy. Oh and who is that girl you brought?” she asked, turning to him.

 

Junhyung’s face turned innocent when he started thinking. “A…present,” he said, not realising that he was saying it in a cute way.

 

“Present? From Mr Im?” she confirmed. Junhyung nodded, biting his lower lip slightly with his eyes wide as a doe’s.

 

“What are you going to do with her?” she asked again. As a man of few words, Junhyung just shrugged.

 

The woman just sighed and shook her head. When she brought her head up, she noticed someone about to enter the kitchen but was quite wary of doing so. Noticing the ahjumma’s eyes, Junhyung turned to look at what caught her attention. It was the girl, by the entrance of the kitchen. She had changed into the new clothes and her hair was slightly wet.

 

The two just stared at each other, not knowing whether to look away or start talking first.

 

“Are you hungry, dear?” the elder woman asked the girl, saving both of them from the long silence.

 

Despite not knowing each other yet, Junhyung and the girl has some similarities. She bit her lower lip slightly, not knowing if it was okay of her to say that she was hungry. Does she even have the right to say so?

 

Junhyung’s eyes never left her while the girl looked to her sides awkwardly, looking for an answer.

 

“Our young master here is hungry too. I’ll prepare some light snacks for the both of you while waiting for dinner to be ready. Meanwhile the two of you can sit at the dining table,” the elder woman said with a smile. She then nudged Junhyung’s arm to start walking to the dining table so as to lead the girl.

 

Junhyung, as if just brought back from his trance, started making his way out of the kitchen and walked to the dining table.

 

They sat across each other at the rather small square dining table, just staring at the tabletop or their fingers.

 

“What’s your name?” Junhyung tried asking again. He knows she must have a name. Just that the Slave Market kind of ‘took it away’ from her. She must have remembered her own name right?

 

Its not that she didn’t want to answer right away when he asked but she was shocked. No one had asked for her name in the longest time. No one cared. They just cared about their own selfish needs.

 

“You can hear me right?” Junhyung asked sincerely. He thought for a second that she may be deaf. Or maybe even mute. By now, he was already looking up at her.

 

She nodded carefully. She opened to say her name but then she realised, nothing came out. Her eyes blinked a couple of times, surprised at what had happened.

 

“Are you okay?” Junhyung asked, realising the change in her actions. The girl looked up at him and tried to speak again. Nothing.

 

She had lost her voice.

 

 


Note: So I was in the middle of writing this when I stopped halfway to scream and cry. Our Junhyungie.......... he made all the songs in this coming album. I just... I just can't.