He's hiding. She's curious.

Shattered

           

h a p t e r  E i g h t

 

            Junhyung walked to the living room and sat casually on the couch beside where Hyuna was sitting. Hyuna continued doing her work as if she didn’t know Junhyung was there.

            “Ahjumma said you were bored. Are you still bored?” Junhyung suddenly spoke. No ‘good afternoon’ or a single hi. He just started that way.

            Hyuna decided to just go with a shake of the head, turning to Junhyung slightly. She turned her attention back to the tray.

            “So you don’t want to go out?” he asked but with no expression whatsoever on his face.

            “You’re… you’re going out?” Hyuna asked, now facing Junhyung fully. And that’s when she noticed how different he looked. His eyelids were slightly puffy although his eyes were no longer red. His face was gentle even though he still had his pokerface on. He almost looked vulnerable that day. Not the young master or big boss that people looked up to.

            “Well of you want to. If not we’ll just stay at home,” he said. If she wants to? It means he’ll go out just for her?

            “W-where..to?” she asked hesitantly.

            “Anywhere. I don’t have anything in mind actually,” he replied short.

            “I haven’t been out for…a few years. I don’t really know the places,” she said with a little more confidence.

            “Oh. Erm.. Then.. We can just go stroll around the…park or something,” he said, remembering the suggestion Helda made that night.

Hyuna nodded slowly. “Okay..” she said softly.

 

            They had stopped walking around and was just sitting on a bench in the park. The same bench but each at the ends of the bench. Junhyung was the first to sit down and Hyuna thought he didn’t want her to be sitting near him so she sat way at the end, which truthfully, surprises Junhyung. But of course, the young master won’t show it.

            Hyuna just looked down, playing with her fingers and Junhyung just zoned out, looking at the view of the peaceful park.

            “Hyuna,” Junhyung said.

            “Oh?” Hyuna turned to Junhyung in shock. She never expected Junhyung actually say her name.

            “Do you plan to go out of the house? Or you plan to stay there forever?” he asked, not looking at her.

            “Erm…” What does he mean by that? Did he want her to get out of the house? Was she being a burden? She’s used to being thrown around because most of those digusting guys only afford to ‘rent’ her. But seeing that its been nearly 3 months she had stayed in Junhyung’s house, she thought for once that she was done being thrown around.

            “Do.. do you want me to go out?” she asked him back instead. But Junhyung wasn’t taking any of that.

            “I asked you the question first. Answer me,” he said sternly. She was looking at him but he kept his eyes to the view of the park.

            Hyuna cleared awkwardly. How she wished she hadn’t gottan her voice bak yet and she an use the excuse of not bringing the post-it pad. But then Junhyung might even ask her to use sign languages.

            “If..if I’m allowed to.. I wish to stay there.. erm.. for as long as I can,” she finally answered. Junhyung nodded to himself.

            “Now you answer my question,” Hyuna said. She knows she’s not in any position to demand an answer from the young master but she can’t help it. If he didn’t like it, he would throw her out, which answers the question if he wanted her out.

            “I don’t…care,” he said simply.

            “Huh?”

            “I. Don’t. Care. If you want to go out, then okay. If you want stay, it’s fine with me too. I don’t have any opinion on whether I want you to stay or not. Its your choice,” Junhyung said, finally facing her.

            Hyuna looked down on her hands after that stern reply. Its obvious he’s trying to sound polite when wanting to say he don’t give a damn whether she’s there or not. She’s meaningless in his life. Whatever she do or don’t do, doesn’t affect him. Hyuna honestly don’t know what to feel about that. Is that supposed to be a good thing?

            “So whatever I do, whatever I say, doesn’t affect you? Is that what you’re trying to say?” Hyuna said with much determination. She had always been scared with the people that buy or rather, rent her. She always follows their order in hope that they will not be so rough or harsh on her. But with Junhyung is different. He’s clearly not doing anything to her and he don’t care what she does. Why does she have to be afraid of him?

            “I guess you could say that. Why, do you have more questions to ask? Careful, your side of the bench might just break,” he smirked, raising an eyebrow at her.

            Hyuna sighed short in frustration. She’s not supposed to be angry. Its his life and he’s saying, stay out of it. But the way Junhyung puts it, just simply made her angry and she wants to ask more just to frustrate him.

            “Okay. If it breaks you might fall too. So be careful,” Hyuna said. Junhyung just smirked to himself, wathing the view of the park again.

            “Why didn’t you go down for breakfast just now?” she asked, facing him fully by turning her body towards his direction.

            “Aw… You missed me?” he chuckled. “I just don’t feel like eating breakfast. Problem?”

            “Why did you cry? Your eyes were puffy when you got down,” Hyuna asked again. Like she said, she didn’t want to be a busybody. The questions are just to anger him more, see how far he can take it since he said whatever she do doesn’t affect him.

            “Woah you sure are one curious girl. Curiosity kills the cat you know,” he replied instead.

            “So you’re not answering? Why?” she asked again.

            He scoffed. “Because its none of your business.”

            “Hah. And here I thought you said whatever I say won’t affect you,” she scoffed back at him, rolling her eyes.

            “I did say that. I didn’t say I would answer your every question. You can say whatever you like. Ask whatever you want. I don’t care,” Junhyung said.

            Damn. Well what do you expect, talking to one of the most successful businessmen? Of course he know what to say and how to answer difficult clients. Difficult people. Like her.


Seriously. I don't know what I'm writing. I didn't even know there's gonna be angst in between them xD For those who still want to continue reading, I really appreciate it. Oh and for the previous chapter, I don't really know what 'emotions' you guys are actually talking about coz I just described how Junhyung cried. Which is not that detailed either. But thank you all for the comments <3 Hope you guys can comment on this one too! ^^

For any of my Muslim readers, Selamat Hari Raya :)