He's confused. She's confused.

Shattered

 

h a p t e r  F i v e

 

 

 

Junhyung leaned back on his seat after an intense meeting with a very difficult client. Finally the client gave in to the conditions he had modified and left his office with a happy face. Junhyung was good at negotiating with his clients; getting them what the want and at the same time gives his company profit too. Junhyung may be young, be he catch on the business life very fast. He had learn a few things from his late father while he was still schooling and now he’s already taking over the company.

 

Junhyung took a sip of water from his bottle and closed his eyes. He sensed someone walking into his office and he peeked through his eyelids to see who it was.

 

“Tired?” Doojoon said as he walked towards Junhyung’s desk. Junhyung just closed his eyes and nodded briefly.

 

“You should really take a break you know. Go on a vacation or something. We can handle the company for 3-4 days,” he said, sitting across Junhyung.

 

Junhyung scoffed. “Vacation? With who? My servants and butlers? That’s pathetic..”

 

Doojoon sighed. “That is why you should find a girlfriend. You know at least you get to release some stress.”

 

“I think having one would add more stress,” Junhyung chuckled.

 

Doojoon shook his head. He’s one of the few friends Junhyung talked to. He prefers to keep everything to himself. Most of the time he prefers to be alone in fact.

 

“I heard Mr Im gave you a present. What was it?” Doojoon asked.

 

Junhyung kept silent. He didn’t want to tell anyone. Especially not to his friends. They would think its stupid of him not to do anything to one of the most precious slave. And worse, they might even ask Junhyung to ‘lend’ her to them since he’s not ‘using’ her.

 

“Yah. Not telling? Is it that precious?” he asked.

 

Junhyung was still closing his eyes, leaning back on his seat. He just nodded.

 

“Oh come on… I just want to know.. I won’t land a finger on it. Promise,” he said, knowing that Junhyung knows him very well that he would want to touch everything that’s new.

 

Junhyung simply sighed.

 

Doojoon clicked his tongue. “I’ll find out sooner or later Yong Junhyung.”

 

Junhyung just smiled.

 

“Did you like it though? The present?” he asked.

 

Junhyung thought to himself. Did he? He was confused himself as to what he was going to do with her. He was just glad he get to so called rescue one of them from that horrible place. He’s not going to make her his slave, that’s for sure. Should he just let her go? Give her some money to fend for herself and let her live her own life?

 

“Ya Yong Junhyung. You’re not sleeping are you?” Doojoon asked his friend that had remained quiet for a long time.

 

Junhyung wasn’t alseep but that’s be a very good excuse to not answer the question right now. He just kept quiet.

 

“Aish this boy.. Sleep whenever he felt like it,” Doojoon grumbled.

 

“I’ll go out now….if you can hear me in your dreams. We’ll go for lunch later,” he said and went out of the room.

 

Junhyung opened his eyes and thought over what he was being asked. Did you like it though? The present?

 

*****

Can I help you with anything?

 

The elder lady smiled up at Hyuna and shook her head. “Its okay dear. You can watch some tv shows or do anything you like.”

 

Hyuna made a somewhat pleading face with puppy dog eyes to show the lady that she really wanted to help. The lady gave in eventually and took some onions by the side.

 

“Do you know how to peel onions?” she asked. Hyuna nodded happily. The lady just smiled and gave Hyuna some onions that is needed for cooking and a knife. Hyuna sat by the counter and started doing her work.

 

The cooks were all preparing to cook lunch. Although Junhyung doesn’t normally go home for lunch, they just prepared it. If he’s having lunch outside, he would inform one of his servants or the ahjumma, and the servants and butlers were allowed to eat the lunch they had prepared for him.

 

The ahjumma sighed suddenly. “You know, I thought with a new member in the house, he would speak up more. Fat hope,” she said to one of the cooks beside her.

 

“Well you know the young master. He don’t like to talk eversince the master and his wife passed away,” the cook replied.

 

The elder lady nodded. “I’m glad he still talks to me though. If not, who knows what’s going on in that mind of his.”

 

The cook chuckled softly, shaking her head. “But you don’t have to worry Helda. Young master is not like most other guys his age. He knows how to take care of himself and do the right things most of the time.”

 

The elder lady by the name of Helda simply nodded. She turned to Hyuna to check how she was doing. Hyuna was looking down, peeling the onions obediently but she heard everything that has been been said. Its not like they are being secretive about it.

 

“Dear, I never knew your name. What’s your name?” Helda asked.

 

Hyuna smiled at her and wrote down her name on the post-it note.

 

“Ah.. Hyuna. That’s a very nice name,” she said smiling. Hyuna smiled and bowed slightly.

 

 

Junhyung was dead tired by the time he got home. He went straight to his room, not greeting anyone in the house. Not even Helda. The people around the house understand him well enough to know he’s just tired and needed some rest.

 

Hyuna spent the whole day helping out the cooks and also the servants around the house with chores and gardening. She was in the kitchen looking at the cooks and Helda putting the dishes onto plates, probably for the young master’s dinner.

 

“Hyuna, do you want to help?” Helda asked with a smile. Hyuna nodded as excited as she was in the morning.

 

“Take this,” she handed her a tray with plates of food along with a glass of plain water “and give it to Jun in his room.” She smiled.

 

Hyuna was quite shocked by what she was supposed to do. She can’t just go into his room, right? She placed the tray on the counter and wrote something on the post-it.

 

How should I go in?

 

“Just knock a few times and go in. Place this tray on his side table,” she instructed.

 

Must I wait for his response?

 

“No its okay. Just go in after you have knocked. He wouldn’t mind,” she said. Hyuna nodded carefully and took the tray in her hands and made her way up to the young master’s room.

 

Upon reaching, she balanced the tray on one arm for awhile to knock and push the door open and then took it back on both hands.

 

His room was empty. The dim yellow light was on and so was the air conditioner. But there was no signs of Junhyung.

 

Hyuna was walking toward the table when suddenly the bathroom door opened and upon reflex, she turned towards it. And there he is. With only a white towel wrapped around his torso as he walked out of the bathroom.

 

Hyuna looked away quickly, but she stood rooted to the ground.

 

“What are you doing here?” Junhyung asked as he was drying his hair with a towel.

 

Hyuna showed the tray of food slightly, without turning around. Junhyung nodded although Hyuna couldn’t see.

 

“Just put it there,” he said, walking to his cupboard.

 

Hyuna quickly placed the tray on the table and bowed absent-mindedly to Junhyung before going out of the room.

 

She didn’t know why her heart was beating so fast. Was it because she was scared? She had already seen –forced to see- many of men’s bodies and all sorts of other parts of them. She didn’t like it one bit. They were all men that only cared about their own dark desires.

 

But why does seeing the young master’s half body for less than a second made her feel....different? Does the water droplets flowing down his toned chest and slightly wet hair has anything to do with it?

 

“Hyuna?” Helda’s voice interrupted Hyuna’s thoughts and she just realised she was standing by the corridor of the row of rooms.

 

“Are you okay dear? Why are you standing here?” she asked, concerned.

 

Hyuna just shook her head and went down to the kitchen. Helda was confused by her actions and went to Junhyung’s room to check on him.

 

She knocked and enter his room, calling out his name.

 

He was sitting at the edge of his bed, staring at the tray on the table.

 

“Junhyung?” she said again. This time he looked up.

 

“Oh?” was his only response.

 

“Why are you staring at the food? Not eating?” she asked as she sat beside him.

 

“I’m not hungry yet,” he said, smiling slightly.

 

“Did you see Hyuna coming into your room just now?” she asked, massaging his shoulders lightly. He just nodded.

 

“Did you talk to her?”

 

“Ahni,” he answered simply.

 

Helda sighed. “What is she here for then Jun? She seemed so lost when you were at work just now. She’s not a servant nor a cook. She tried to help with things around the house but you know you already have many servants and housekeepers to look after the house. What’s she here for?”

 

“I don’t know..” he pouted and leaned his head on the elder’s shoulder.

 

“Why don’t you make her your friend? You know you can talk to her.. Or maybe stroll around the park with her when you’re stressed or bored…” she suggested, his hair.

 

“I can do that with you,” he said. Helda chuckled.

 

“But I’m old Junhyung-ah.. I get tired easily and I have work to do around the house too,” she said.

 

“I get tired easily too,” he said.

 

“Aish this boy!” she said, smacking his lap.

 

“It true!” he said childishly.

 

“Just.. think about what I said okay? Seeing that she asked if you’re okay or not in the morning shows that she’s making some effort to talk to you,” Helda said and stood up.

 

“Eat soon okay? If you need anything, I’ll just be downstairs,” she said and he nodded.

 


Like I said, I don't know what I'm writing here. For those who subscribed, hehehe thank you so much <33