Fifth, and Last

Got It Wrong

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

Suzy immediately ran towards us.

 

“What happened to her, Amber?” Suzy asked me.

 

“Suz. I’m sorry. I can explain.” Krystal tried to let go from my arm, but I kept her still.

 

“She tripped while running away earlier Suz.” I said.

 

Suzy didn’t look convinced.

 

“So you followed her?” She looked annoyed.

 

“Yes. I did.” She raised a brow.

 

“Because I like her. I’m in love with Krystal. And we’re together now, Suz. Please understand.” I declared.

 

Krystal’s grip on my shoulder tightened, her head still bent down.

 

I never expected how Suzy will react. I thought she might slap me or get angry or break down. Hell, was I wrong.

 

Instead, she laughed heartily.

 

 

What the hell!?

 

 

"You--you’re not mad at me Suz?” Krystal sheepishly asked.

 

“Of course not, you dummy.” Suzy ruffled Krystal’s hair. “I’m happy for you, for the both of you.” She smiled sincerely to us.

 

“Bu---but. I thought you liked Amber.” Krystal replied.

 

“Aisssh. It seems he’s not the only one who’s dense. Both of you are dense too.”

 

We both looked at her with questioning eyes.

 

Who's "he"? 

 

“What made you think I like Amber anyway?” She asked Krystal.

 

“Well...” Krystal was fidgeting with her hands. She looks so adorable when her timid side shows like this.

 

“It’s because you always seem to steal glances her way. You always enroll in the classes she’s taking even though you hate the subject. You hang around her even though you two aren’t that close. You even said you’ve been anxiously waiting for someone’s confession. I thought it was her since you nudged your head in her direction while we were talking about it.” Krystal finished breathlessly.

 

“Aissshh. When I steal glances “her” way, I’m actually stealing glances at the person she’s always with. I end up taking similar classes with her since he always takes the same classes with his bestfriend. I hang around Amber because I want to get to know the other person more. And I had been anxiously waiting for his confession. I was about to just give up, you know. Since I began to think that he must be gay not to notice me. Keke.”

 

Both I and Krystal had our mouths hanging open, absorbing every single word Suzy says. The latter continued,

 

“Actually, I was annoyed waiting here for you two to come back since I really want to clarify who made Amber give that letter. It was written anonymously but I have a huge gut-feel that it's from him. hehe. I knew Amber followed you after you ran away, so I figured Amber will bring you back home. I knew you like Amber, Krys. I’m actually hoping you’d tell me about your feelings for her but you always change the topic when I try to pry answers out of you. And why would I get mad? You two look so cute together, keke. And I already like someone else. And I hope he’s the one who sent me that confession letter.”

 

Suzy then looked at me with a knowing stare. She looks like she’s expecting me to say something.

 

“Uh… Thank you?” I muttered. I feel really relieved and happy that Krys and I got it wrong. Suzy likes someone else.

 

Wait… Could it be?

 

My eyes went as wide as saucers. But I thought that diva bestfriend of mine liked guys. Aissssh.

 

That’s why he said I can’t open that folded paper no matter what happens, that I can't say to anyone (even the receiver) that it is from him, and that it has to land in Suzy’s hands and hers only. I did not mind that so much earlier, since I was too focused on what I’ll be saying to Krystal.

 

 

“It’s from Key, right?” Suzy said, giggling uncontrollably.

 

 

I face palmed myself for being the densest friend, while Krystal, the love of my life, beamed with pure joy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

X----------------------------------------------------------------------------------X

 

 

 

Finished! Yaaaay! (^_^)/  Did you even see that coming? keke

 

Author jumping up and down due to pure glee.

 

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did while writing it. Keke.

 

Thank you so much readers! Bear hug to all of you. <3