Fifth;

I'm Just The Boy Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She Wanted More.

 

 

 

Yesterday, I was like this since yesterday. I don’t know why but I feel so restless. And what makes it worse is that Seunggwan took years and years to answer my calls. What happened to him? Seriously, I need to know! He even hung up on me! He wasn’t like that. What happened to him? I need to call Hyorin.

And if you’re wondering, Hyorin is Seunggwan’s step sister. She’s just one year older to my boy best friend.

Hyorin answered at the third ring, as usual. “Hey, Jin!! What’s up?!?” She shouted, her voices husky as usual. “Seunggwan is acting strange.” I replied, my voice surprisingly hoarse.

“Hey… Were you crying?” My hands accidentally brushed my cheeks and I felt something wet. Wait, I was crying?

I cleared my throat and fake a chuckle. “Bo, I didn’t. I was… I just woke up. Yeah, just woke up. My boss made me stay up late.” I replied. Pschh, your step brother made me stay up late. “But anyways, he promised me that he’ll call me as soon as he landed. It was already five but he’s still not calling me. And when I called him, he didn’t answer. Well he did answer but it was already late. And he hung up on me.” I heard Hyorin chuckle at the other line. She cleared before replying.

“A girl, Yujin. Only a girl can make him like that.” I felt an unfamiliar tug on my heart. “Oh.. Thanks.” I stammered and pressed end.

 

I sat on my bed slowly as my head process what Hyorin said. A girl? A girl is taking him away from me? I know I should be happy for him, but I’m far from happy. I fee bitter. I feel miserable and selfish for wanting to keep him only for myself. I want all his attention drawn only to me.

 

Don’t forget about me, Seunggwan.

 

 

It’s only an hour before ten. God, why am I so nervous? You’ll just get out for some lunch with him! Ugh… Snap out of it, Go!

I slapped my cheeks and flattened my skirt to ease my nervousness but theses damned butterflies won’t just leave my damned stomach! Calm down you little pricks!

My heart beat races more when the clock displayed nine : fifty-seven. Ugh. I can’t do this, I need to tell him I’m sick. Or maybe I have an emergency. Or may—

 

The doorbell rang.

 

Oh God. I stood up nervously, flattened the rim of my skirt, and tightened my grip on my bag as I opened the door. He stood dashingly in front of me , smiling sweetly as usual.

“Hi! Ready for lunch and some adventures?” He offered his hand. I slowly clasped my hands with him and t’was warm; warm and comfortable. I like it. “Of course.” I beamed back at him.

 

“So where are we dining in?” I asked as we entered the lift. He pursed his lips together as if he is preventing himself from smiling. “You’ll know… soon.” He smirked as the lift dinged and the doors opened. We strode out of the lift and out of the hotel. Seunggwan smiled happily as we stood outside. “Guess who scored a ride last night.” He cooed as he led me towards a sleek black Bentley – car roof off. y ride you got here, Seunggwan.

“How’d you got this?” I asked my jaw on the floor as I stared at his – our – ride with awe. I swear to God, I’ll marry a guy who owns a Bentley.

Seunggwan scoffed and opened the door for me – Oh! Look who earned some manners!

“I just impressed some high class business men last night. And to celebrate that, my boss lent me a company car to enjoy myself for today. “He replied when he entered the car.

My brows rose up in fascination and smiled smugly at him. “Oh, really? Just ‘some’?” I asked and cocked an eyebrow in the process. He chuckled in amusement and the engine roared to life. “Yeah… some.” He repeated an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter