What Happened?

Confessions of a Model [HIATUS]
XSYKOTICA


 


Seunghyun's POV

I thought that the first day of a new job was always the hardest because you're not quite sure what to expect, and how I'm supposed to protect Chaerin from outside threats.  I hadn't been a bodyguard for so long after I had decided to quit because of certain reasons, so I wasn't really planning on being a bodyguard again, but I took Rae Min's offer yesterday to become Chaerin's bodyguard and I was not sure why did I do that.  The situation was still vivid and suprising....

Over the last 2 years I worked as an undercover policeman, which meant that I didn't wear a uniform nor drove around in a police car.  Yesterday I was just doing a nomal, bland shift of driving around Seoul with my black hybrid, making sure drivers followed traffic rules and speeding limits.  I always carried a handy pair of cuffs just in case I met those kind of guys who would try to escape. 

Yesterday appeared as a very serene day so I decided to park at a street corner and take my lunch break early.  As I was sitting on top of my car, eating, I saw two people on the other side of the block arguing with each other then took both of her hands and started dragging her away. Usually I would not intervene with arguments especially couples' fight, but I had a bad feeling that this was more than a normal argument, so I decided to follow them, to make sure everything was okay.

I took my car and started slowly driving closer to the two, and I was getting more suspicious because the man was leading her near the alleys in town.   I wasn't able to drive with my car in those narrow alleyways, so I had to continue following them on foot.   At some point I was close enough to hear their conversation.

"Let go of me you bastard, do you even know who I am?"  she started shouting but soon the man covered tightly.

"Shut up you brat, you're coming with me," he muttered and continued barely dragging the woman. At that moment, I knew that this was more serious than I thought, and started picking up the pace.

"Excuse me, but where are you exactly going?" I asked when I finally caught up to him and  the woman still struggling to get off his arms.

"None of your business punk!  Now scram before you'll regret it," he warned, but before he could move any further I grabbed the man's shoulder tightly, I growled, "LET....GO...OF HER, NOW." He reluctantly let go of the woman pushing her to the side.

"Geez, can I go now?" She complained.

"Well that wasn't so bad huh?" I teased but of course the man tried to throw a punch but I blocked it then took both of his arms ,cuffed him and shoved him to the ground.

"Okay, so was this man giving you a problem ma'am?" I asked grinning at the woman, but surprisingly she wasn't impressed at all that I could easily cuff the man.

"Ew, don't call me ma'am, I have a name you know," she scoffed, rolling her eyes heavily.

"Well then what was your name then?" I asked.

"Chaerin, Lee Chaerin," she proudly stated.

"Okay Chaerin Lee can you explain to me what exactly happened?" I asked again.

She still winced when I called her by her full name though I never really understood why.

"Well, this man tried to rob me, and I guess he was harrassing me," she shrugged.   Although she wasn't bothered that just a couple of minutes ago, she was underestimating how serious this was, but at least I was able to catch the guy in time.

"Okay then Miss Lee, It's much better if you would explain this to the police," I said and implied to her that she had to accompany me back to the police station.

"Fine, I just want this to be quick," she mumbled.   I lifted the man up and escorted him and Chaerin back into my car so I could take them to the station. 

"Watch your head sir," I teased again and shoved the man inside the back of the car, then opened the right front door for Chaerin.

"Ladies first?" I gestured.

"Whatever," she muttered while rolling her eyes then went inside the car.

"Okay first things first, I'm going to have to call your parents," I ordered.   She was highly offended when iIasked her that question almost as if I was asking something stupid.

"Well excuse me! I'm a full grown adult thank you very much!" She yelled. Actually I was thrown back by her statement because she had a lot of youth in her and I was expecting her to be 16 or 17 at most, but just incase she was bluffing, I had to ask her for some kind of identification.

"You're kidding me right?" she exclaimed, pissed off that I didn't believe she was a legal adult.

"Fine, I'll show you my driver's permit," she answered and started searching through her bags, but she wasn't able to find anything.

"Just hand me your parent's number, it's much easier this way than arguing whether you are seriously a legal adult," I suggested.   She relunctantly dialed her phone and handed it to me.

"Don't expect her to answer though because she is very busy," she emphasized then soon after crossed her arms in frustrastion.   I took her phone and  waited for someone to answer.   One ring, two rings, three rings.   For a second I thought Chaerin was right that her mom was actually busy but the minute I was going to hang up, someone answered.

"Hello?" a woman's voice answered. 

"Good afternoon, this is Choi Seung-hyun from the police department.   I need a guardian to pick Lee Chaerin up and please make sure to bring her ID," I answered smoothly.   When I took a glance back at Chaerin, she had hanging open like someone had created a miracle that made her mother answered her phone.

"What? Did she do something stupid again?" Her mother gasped.   Maybe it wasn't the best idea to be vague to her mother because she obviously took it the wrong way.

"No dont worry, she is safe with me, but I just need someone to pick her up to make sure she comes home safe," I assured.   I heard her heavy breath of relief to know that at least her daughter didn't commit any crime.

"Thank you very much sir, I will be right there as soon as I can," she stated and then hung up the phone.

"Some luck," Chaerin muttered.   I couldn't help but smile too, because sometimes, I could get really lucky.   I turned the engine on and started driving as fast as I could with the lights shimmering on, so I could be able to speed up.

"Well, yes, I am a very lucky guy," I added. 

"Hmph. whatever, why didn't you just do me a favor and drop me off at my mom's house," she sighed.

"Oh so you're a 'legal' adult but you still live with your parents?" I questioned.

"Well it's a very big house, the house even has extra rooms for the maids," she argued back. Gosh, was she going to argue over everything?

"Okay ma'am".

"Just Chaerin," she said.

"Okay Chaerin, I decided to go to the police department because I want to give the correct charges for what he tried to do.".

"Why would I want to do that? He's just a hobo on the street," she complained while she put on a disgusting look on her face and pinched her nose.

"I'm not a hobo," the man blurted from the back of the car.

"I suggest you shut your mouth." I talked back to the man. When we finally arrived at the police station, I took the man out holding both of his arms to secure him while Chaerin got out of the car right after.

"Follow me then," I told Chaerin while we entered the lobby.

"Take him to interrogation room, and here are some important questions you should ask him." I ordered two other policemen while handing over my notepad with the questions I jotted down earlier and they took him away.  Soon after, Chaerin's mom arrived at the lobby and hugged Chaerin very tightly.

"Are you okay? Were you hurt?" she asked while examining her body to check if she got any bruises.

"No worries ma'am, your daughter is fine," I assured.

"Please call me Rae Min, and thank you very much for helping my daughter," she thanked while bowing slightly.

"Come with me, I'll explain everything to you," I said as we went to a seperate room to talk privately.   As I was explaining the situation she started getting more anxious. 

"Sir, thank you so much for helping my daughter in this situation, I am in your debt," she thanked again this time bowing 90 degrees.

"No worries, there's no debt to pay, I'm just here to do my job," I smiled.

"I just didn't know they would chase after her," she mumbled softly.

"Excuse me?" 

"Oh nothing, it's nothing," she sighed then asked again, "What is your name again?"

"Choi Seunghyun," I answered.

"Seunghyun, will you do me a favor?"

"Yes?"

"I think I'll be able to trust you accordingly after what had happened earlier.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'd like you to become my bodyguard.  Most importantly, my daughter's because I don't want to risk something like this happening another time," she requested.

It was a bit abnormal for her to ask me to be her bodyguard, and a little bit awkward to accept the offer.

"Um... a bodyguard?" I asked, looking confused.

"I know, I know it's ridiculous, but I've been trying to find trustworthy bodyguards and I think you'd be the perfect fit," she complimented.

"It's just... I haven't been a bodyguard for so long," I stammered.

"Great!  It's even better that you're experienced," she cheered.

"Yes, but..." I interrupted.

"You're hired then." It was a little bit annoying that Rae Min and Chaerin has similar qualities of being stubborn.

"Umm...I already have a job," I replied, still trying to reject the offer.

"Double your current salary," she stated.

"But ma'am--,"

"Please, any amount sir," she pleaded handing me an empty check.  Now I was sure that there was no way I could reject the offer because she really wanted me to work as her daughter's bodyguard. 

"I would rather just accept the same salary."

"There's no need to act so humble, just take the check and write the amount," she urged.   I took the check but I wrote down the exact salary that I got from being a policeman.

"Like I said, same," I affirmed.   She sighed a bit but then said,"Fine, just be here by my house tomorrow morning."

"Tomorrow?" I asked, shocked that I was going to start the job so soon.

"Yes, I need you as soon as possible, so I hope to see you there," she said, handing a piece of paper with her address.

The memory still felt surreal that in a day I was back being the position I onced loved.  But I kind of liked wearing a suit and tie as a police.   I finally arrived at Rae Min's house and stood there  nervously at the door, making sure I got the right address but it obviously was since Chaerin described to me before that her house was huge.   I finally shook my nerves and pressed the doorbell.  I could hear the echos inside very clearly.

"Well...here goes nothing."

█ ▌