Final Chapter & Epilogue

Forever Inseparable

The guards were holding me tightly even though I wasn’t struggling anymore. I rolled my eyes and let them lead me to my room.

The silence was deafening. No one said a word, it was quiet. I hate silence. I hate it so much.

I closed my eyes and wondered when I would reach my room. I continued to let the guards lead me to my room with closed eyes.

After a few moments, we were still walking but I opened my eyes. I saw Donghae walking beside me.

I shook my head and tried to get a better grip on reality. I don’t know if Donghae is really there or is it coming back to me.

When I see Donghae I get confused on what’s real and what’s not. I know that Donghae died but is he really dead?

I closed my eyes and felt the guards stop.

I opened my eyes and saw Donghae beside me again. “Hae?” I asked as I looked towards his direction.

I shook my head and closed my eyes as I tried to get a grip on reality.  “No... No no no” I repeated to myself over and over again. I didn’t want to feel empty again once he leaves.

I opened my eyes once again and saw him. I don’t know what came over me but a smile was placed across my face. “Hae...” I whispered in awe.

“Shh...” he told me. I nod my head and smiled at him.

“Don’t leave,” I mouthed towards his direction. I saw him nod and put his index finger near his mouth. He stayed beside me.

I looked at the guards and they looked back at me. They didn’t say a word and simply opened the door to my room.

Once I was in, I heard the locking sound of the door and there I was, locked in my room once again. No television, no books, no computer, no nothing. There are also no windows. There’s nothing but a bed.

I cried. I cried at the thought of being in a depressing room by myself. There’s nothing to do, and no one to talk to. I cried for many reasons but I cried at being alone.

I didn’t notice Donghae coming in the room so I was shocked when I could feel coldness on my cheek.

I opened my eyes and saw Donghae wiping away the tears from my face. I stopped crying and saw him smile.

“Why are you crying Hyuk?” Donghae asked as he wiped away the remaining tear stain on my face.

“I hate being alone. I don’t know what’s real and what’s not,” I answered him. I didn’t say it out loud, but I wanted to say I don’t know if he’s real or if he’s not.

I want to believe desperately that he is real. I want to believe that he really is there beside me. A part of me wants to keep believing that but another part reminds me of my memory. Another part of me tells me that my nightmares are real and those are my memories of the past.

I looked at Donghae and he didn’t say a word. Instead, he simply smiled. “Do you love me Hyuk?” Donghae asked.

“Of course I do Hae! How can you even ask about something like that?” I stated.

Donghae smiled and said, “I was just asking.”

“Why?” I asked.

“I was curious. Why? Is it bad that I’m curious?” Donghae replied back.

I couldn’t help but laugh. I looked at him and he simply smiled. I love his smiles. “I miss you,” I said suddenly.

I blushed at my sudden statement. I looked at Donghae through my bangs and saw him smile.

“How can you miss me if I’m right here,” Donghae asked.

“I’m scared you’ll disappear again,” I answered truthfully.

Even though I don’t know if it’s real or if it’s fake,but I still miss him during the times that he’s gone.

We were quiet again. It wasn’t the awkward types of silence, it was a comfortable one. I looked at him and he smiled. I love that smile.

“Do you love me?” Donghae asked.

“What the hell Hae? I answered that already,” I replied.

“Do you?” Donghae asked again.

“Yes! I love you. I love you so much Hae. I will continue to love you until the day I die,” I yelled.

I looked at him and he just smiled. He looked satisfied.

He suddenly got up. I looked at him and asked, “Where are you going? Don’t leave.”

“You love me right?” Donghae asked. I simply nodded. “Ask to go to the washroom,” Donghae said.

I don’t know what he meant.  He took a glance at the door. I struggled getting up because of the straitjacket that was still around me. The guards didn’t take it off.

I looked at Donghae and he did a kicking motion with his foot.

I followed suit and kicked the door a few times as a way of knocking.

A few minutes after, the guards opened the door and asked, “What is it?”

“Can I go to the washroom?” I asked.

They looked at each other and gave a slight nod. “Okay hold on,” one of them replied.

They turned their back on me as they locked my room.

“Run!” Donghae yelled as he led the way.

I followed where he was running but I was falling behind because of the straitjacket. Donghae didn’t look back as I continued to follow him.

We kept on running and I continued struggling on catching up with Donghae.

A few minutes after, we were standing behind the rooftop door. I was panting and trying to catch my breath, Donghae was there standing in front of the door.

“Do you love me?” Donghae asked.

I nod my head and said, “A lot.”

“Then let’s never be separated again,” Donghae replied. “I won’t leave,” he added.

“What do you mean?” I asked as he opened the rooftop door.

Once I saw the rooftop door open, I understood what he meant.

“Are you afraid,” Donghae asked.

“A bit,” I replied.

“Do you love me?” Donghae asked.

“A lot,” I answered.

Donghae didn’t say another word and walked towards the rooftop ledge. I followed suit and walked behind him. Once he reached the end of the ledge, he climbed on top of it and looked at me. “I’ll see you soon Hyuk. I love you,” he said as looked at me for the last time.

He gave one last smile. Donghae turned away from me and took one step forward as he began falling down the ledge.

“Hae!” I yelled as I got up the ledge and looked down. There was no freefalling body nor do I see a fallen body on the ground.

Donghae wasn’t there. I looked down again and saw nothing.

I heard the rooftop door open and heard a voice yell my name. I didn’t look back. I got up the ledge and stood at the edge. The voice called for me again. I didn’t look back.

As I closed my eyes and took one last step, I heard a voice yell my name for the last time.  I ignored the voice crying for my name as my body began freefalling from the rooftop ledge.

Before I fell on the ground, I whispered, “I love you Hae... forever.”

Then there was nothing.

 

EPILOGUE

What does forever mean? Does forever even have its own limitation? We can be at the ends of the world and have thousands of kilometers that separate us but are we really separated? We can still be together because we will never be truly separated. Forever is just the distance that keeps us separated, however we won't be truly separated for long. Even if one dies, our heart, mind and soul will never be separated. Our love will bind us together and lead us back to each other. We will forever be inseparable. If I get lost and lose my way, be patient my love. I will find a way back towards you. 

 


A/N: Just so you know, in case you're confused or it's not clear, the Donghae that Eunhyuk sees is NOT the "real" Donghae. Donghae died from Forever Ends With You. Eunhyuk has a mental disorder that's why he's behaving the way he does. He has delusions and hallucinations. I'm sorry if it's too depressing though. Anyways thanks for reading and don't forget to subscribe, thumbs up and let me know what you think:)