Chapter 3

Forever Inseparable

*About 3 and a half years later*

*Beginning of Dream*

Eunhyuk and Donghae continued to stay in each other’s embrace until Donghae stopped crying and wiped away the remaining tears from his face. Donghae scooted away from Eunhyuk and waited for the latter to speak.

Eunhyuk also wiped away his tears and began to say, “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry Hae. I don’t know what else I can tell you other than say I’m sorry. I can’t tell you the words you’re longing to hear. I can’t tell you that everything will be back to normal. I can’t tell you that everything will remain the same and how I still feel the same way. I just...I just can’t tell you anything other than I’m sorry.”

Donghae just looked at the other boy who had fresh tears flowing from his face. He knew what the boy had meant.

“I’m sorry that I don’t feel the same way anymore Hae. I’m sorry that I fell out of love with you. I’m sorry that I cheated on you with your sister,” Eunhyuk said shamelessly.

Donghae now had fresh tears coming from his eyes. “Just answer me one thing Hyuk,” Donghae spoke for the first time. He had more tears flowing on his face. He tried to wipe them off but fresh new tears were replacing the ones that Donghae wiped away.

“Anything,” Eunhyuk replied.

Donghae took a deep breath and asked, “Did you ever love me or was it all a facade?”

Donghae waited to hear the boy’s answer as more tears were falling endlessly.

“Of course,” Eunhyuk said immediately. He said it fast and without a doubt. “Of course I did Hae. I truly did love you. You were my first love,” Eunhyuk explained.

Donghae had troubles to say the next few words but he managed to let out through a small whisper, “Then why?”

Donghae now attempted to wipe away the remaining tears that dropped from his face. He failed miserably as tears kept on replacing the endless tears that were falling.

“Then why damn it! Then why did you ing cheat on me if you loved me Eunhyuk?” Donghae screamed. He screamed as loud as he could that Eunhyuk got startled with Donghae's loud remark.

“Then why?” Donghae repeated. His voice was weary, filled with desperation. “Then why?” he asked again, almost inaudibly.

“I lost the spark that I felt around you. I lost the feeling of love for you Hae. I’m sorry. I’m sorry but I couldn’t help and feel that way. I’m sorry that you fell in love with a person like me. I really hope that you find someone better... someone worthy of being showered with your love,” Eunhyuk said pleading Donghae for his forgiveness.

"Why do you love her? Out of all the people in this world, why do you love her? Why does it have to be my sister?” Donghae asked. His voice cracked and his voice seemed really weary and desperate.

“Because I love her. She’s the person that I love Hae. I love her,” Eunhyuk explained with more tears flowing from his face.

Donghae just covered his hands as his tears never seemed to stop as it just kept flowing endlessly from the broken hearted man’s face.

“I’m sorry...” Eunhyuk said one last time and left the weeping and broken hearted boy.

*End of Dream*

I woke up screaming. I screamed at the top of my lungs and before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face. “No... No no no” I screamed as I could feel my arms flailing in attempt to knock down something, anything.

I looked at my room and saw that the guards are now coming in. When did they get here?

Before I knew it, they were holding me down and putting a straitjacket on me.

“Let me go,” I screamed at them as I struggled underneath the piece of material that was now restricting me.

The guards looked at me briefly and walked out of my room. I screamed again but no one came in to release the straitjacket from me.

I don’t know how long I’ve been struggling with the piece of cloth around me but I saw the guards come back again, there were only two of them.

They held my arms tightly, one on each side as they took me out of my room and led me to a different room.

Although they didn’t tell me where we’re going, I knew that they were taking me to me to the psychiatrist.

I stopped trying to break free from the guards’ grasp and walked alongside them quietly. I was getting tired and struggling is tiring me even more.

The walk to the psychiatrist’s office didn’t take long. His office doesn’t look like an office but rather a room with diplomas and certificates hanging on the wall, a desk on one side, a shelf, a small therapy couch on the other side and a small chair next to it. It was quite big for a room that was mostly empty except for a few furniture.

As we walked in the room, I could see the doctor sitting on his chair waiting for me. I looked at him and he smiled gently at me. I didn’t smile back.

“Thank you Kyuhyun and Ryeowook,” he said towards the guards.

I could hear the door shut close and I was now left in the room with the psychiatrist and a straitjacket restricting me.

I looked at the psychiatrist again and he smiled... again.

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

“Hi Eunhyuk. How are you?” he greeted me with yet another smile.

I don’t know why it bothers me a lot but seeing him happy and all cheerful in this dreary place annoys me so much.

I want to get out.

“Don’t be shy. Come here and get yourself comfortable. Sit down and let’s have a chat,” he tried to approach me again.

I stood where I was and glared at him.

“Okay... if you’re more comfortable standing up, it’s fine with me. Do you want to stay standing?” he asked me.

I didn’t respond.

“I thought we were having progress the last time we met? Do you want me to get the straitjacket off you? Would that make you feel more comfortable?” he asked. I didn’t say anything but only gave a slight nod.

The psychiatrist called for the guards and asked them to get rid of the straitjacket. The psychiatric guards took them off of me and left the room.

“So now that you’re not restricted anymore, we can talk now right?” he asked me. I didn’t respond.  I stayed still, standing next to the therapy couch. “Is there anything bothering you? Do you have those dreams again?” he asked me again.

“They’re not dreams. They’re nightmares,” I yelled.

“Okay... I’m sorry if I offended you. So you had those nightmares again?” he tried to ask again.

I didn’t respond. “Come. Sit here and try to relax,” he said as he pointed at the therapy chair.

I was going to object but before I knew it, I was already walking towards the chair.

“Good... good. Now, can you tell me what you saw in your dre- I mean nightmare Eunhyuk?” he asked.

I don’t know why I responded but I could hear my own voice reply, “It’s the same.”

“The same huh?” he said as he scribbled something on his notebook. “Which one is it this time?” he asked again.

“The park,” I replied.

“Which one is it?” he asked once again.

“It’s the park damn it. Why can’t you listen to me?” I asked furiously.

How can he ask the same thing if I already answered him?

“I know, but from the nightmares you told me before, you told me about 2 different incidents. One was when you were alone wearing a wedding tuxedo talking to a park bench. While the other one is when there was you and Donghae. Which one is it this time?” he asked.

My heart clenched as I heard my therapist say his name again. I miss him. I miss him a lot.

“It’s the second one,” I replied.

“I see... I see,” he said as he took a few moments to write in his notebook. “So... how do you feel seeing Donghae again in your dreams?”

“Nightmare,” I yelled. “It’s a ing nightmare! Do you ever listen to me? It’s a nightmare seeing him cry because of me. It’s a nightmare reliving that night again. It’s a nightmare knowing that I was the one who did that to him,” I exclaimed.

I’m tired of repeating myself when he doesn’t even listen. Why do I bother?

“Okay. I’m sorry Eunhyuk. I’m really sorry about that,” he said as I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever,” I muttered as I avoided looking at him.

I turned to the other side of the couch and looked at the wall in front of me. The desk was there and above the desk were the diplomas and certificates that the psychiatrist has. I looked at one of the certificates and read it.

I looked at the certificate and saw his name... Donghae?

I quickly got up and looked at the psychiatrist again. “Donghae?” I asked out loud.

“No Hyuk, my name is Donghee. Dr. Shin Donghee,” he said. I continued to look at him and the more I look at him, the more my vision blurs. His silhouette changes from the psychiatrist to Donghae, the Donghae I know.

I shook my head and now all I could see is Donghae.

“Hae... long time no see,” I exclaimed as I approached him. I gave him a big hug. “Hae... don’t you know how much I missed you? How have you been?” I asked with a smile.

I could feel him struggling beneath me as I asked him, “Why are you like that Hae? Don’t you miss me?”

I didn’t hear him respond and the only thing I heard was someone calling the psychiatric guards. I don’t know how many, but a few guards came in. I struggled beneath them but they held me down and put the straitjacket on me again.

I looked behind me as the guards pushed me towards the door and saw Donghae behind me. I continued to struggle in the guards’ hold but Donghae’s silhouette changed to the psychiatrist.

“I miss you Hae,” I thought to myself as I let myself be dragged out of the psychiatrist's office to my room once again.

 


A/N: I'm almost done with the other chapters so I'll be posting those later tonight or tomorrow. I also changed the prompt pic in the forward. I hope you don't mind. This short fic will be ending soon and thanks for the readers' support. Don't forget to subscribe, rate, and comment to let me know what you think. I hope you comment so I would know what you think of it. 

Note: The dream was from Forever Ends With You. I took just a bit of it and revised it a bit. So if it sounds familiar it was from Forever Ends With You. The dream was what happened 8 years ago. About 5 years after the breakup, that was when Donghae commited suicide and around the time Heerin and Eunhyuk's wedding. That was the year 2013 and now fast forward 3 and a half years later so around the beginning of 2017 since Donghae's death was during fall of 2013, that's when the "current" time is. Hope that clarified some things. 

   a straijacket is that cloth thing that patients sometimes have around them to prevent them hurting themselves or     other people.