Chapter 8

My Personal Handsome Warrior

“Why are you so worried about Daehyun?” Junhong asked.

“I am? Well… He’s my courtier isn’t he? Of course I’ll be worried about him.” I said.

“Really? I thought you don’t really care about those stuffs.”

“I still don’t.” I said.

“Is it because you are used to have him by your side protecting you, or is it you love him?” He asked.

“What are you talking about?”

“You need him by your side because he can protect you? Or because that you can’t stand it when he’s not around you?”

“Shut up...” I said, giving him a friendly punch.

“I always thought that you like Yun, you were always helping him plus, he is the one who saved you. But now, I think I can clearly see the answer.” Junhong said and gave me a smile.

“Is everything alright?” Daehyun asked, he appeared from nowhere when I am chatting with Junhong.

“You’re back!” I said, smiling.

What is this feeling I’m having? Why do I feel so unsecure without Daehyun by my side? Is it like what Junhong said, I am getting used of him by my side?

“What happened?” Daehyun asked, holding up my hand to see the wound.

“Nothing, just a prick from a Bougainvillea.” I said.

“Her heart was pricked from a Bougainvillea.” Junhong said.

“Heart?” Daehyun looked at me blankly.

“After a prick only she knows it hurts… And also she know that the heart can be hurt too.” Junhong said.

“Does it still hurt?” Daehyun asked, ignoring Junhong.

“It’s fine now.” I said.

“I was so shocked when Yun came and look for me. I thought something bad happened!” Daehyun said.

“Princess needs you.” Junhong said.

“We all need you!”  I said and pinch Junhong’s arm.

“Hey! Ouch!” He said and I let go. “So, is it alright if we go on?”

“Yeah, there’s nothing up front. It’s safe.” Daehyun said.

“Then let’s go!” I said and continue our journey.

The four continued our journey until the sky darkened and we decided to stay in an inn.

“Clack!” Something was dropped on the floor.

“Who’s there?” I asked.

There was no answer, I lit up the candle and found no one there.

 “Princess, what happened?” Daehyun asked, almost tearing down the door.

I looked around.

“Someone stole my bag.” I said.

“On the roof!” Daehyun said and ran out the room.

He jumped on top of the roof and started fighting with the thief. Junhong was awoken by the fighting and join in with Daehyun.

“He’s strong!” I heard Daehyun said.

“Yun!” Junhong said as he saw Yun coming.

The three of them were fighting and all I could do was to look. The thief got away and the three of them followed him. But not long after, Daehyun and Junhong came back.

“Where’s Yun? I asked,

“We got separated when trying to catch that thief. I think he’s on his way back.” Daehyun said.

“I hope he’s alright. That thief is strong!” Junhong said.

“What is in your bag Princess?” Daehyun asked.

“My phone, some makeup and an ancient dagger I got from my grandfather.”

“Ancient dagger?” Junhong asked.

“I’m not sure what it is too. It looked pretty so I asked it from my grandfather and he gave it to me.” I said.

“Yun!”

“Come on, I know where that thief is.

“How?” I asked.

“I followed him all the way back to his house.” Yun said with a smirk.

The three of us followed Yun to a small hut in a small village. Daehyun peeked In to the house and nodded to us.

“It’s him alright!” Daehyun said and the four of us went in.

“Hand over what you have stolen!” Junhong said.

“Huh… If you want it, then come and get it.” The thief said.

Yun must be pretty pissed off by that thief, he draw out his sword and started fighting with him. The thief too, have his sword with him. Daehyun and Junhong saw what happened and drew out their sword and started helping Yun.

After a few moments of fighting, they finally got him.

“Where is the bag?” Yun asked.

“There…” He said, looking towards his bed.

“Princess, is everything there?” Daehyun asked.

“My grandfather’s ancient dagger is gone.” I said, looking up.

“Where is it?” Junhong asked.

“I don’t know what you are talking about!” The thief said.

There was sound of coughing coming out from the room, Yun point his sword towards the room.

“Who’s there?” Yun asked.

A girl came out and was shocked to see so many people at her house.

”Hold it! You can kill me if you want to, don’t hurt her!” The thief said.

“Oppa… Who are these people?” She asked.

“Yoonmi…”

“Who is she?” I asked.

According to what the thief told us, Yoonmi is his sister and she is sick. They have not enough money to buy medicine for her, so he had no choice but to steal from other people.

“Ah… So that’s why…” Junhong said.

“Oppa… How could you do this?” Yoonmi said, almost crying.

“Sometimes, when we are desperate, we’ll do everything that is possible.” I said.

“But I can still sell my paintings…” Yoonmi said.

“Don’t ever talk about painting anymore Yoonmi!”

Yoonmi started coughing nonstop.

“Are you alright?” Daehyun asked.

“Yes, I alright.”

“ert.” I said, pouting.

“What did you say?” Daehyun asked.

“Nothing.”

“Oppa, do you think if you use the money that you have stolen for my medicine I will be happy?” Yoonmi asked.

“I’m sorry Yoonmi… I promise I won’t do it anymore.”

“Seems like our thief have a soft spot too huh.” Junhong said.

“My name is not thief, I have a name. And my name is Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun.” He said.

“She seems ill…” I said, pulling a chair for her to sit down. “Is it Tuberculosis?”

“Tuberculosis?” Junhong looked at me.

“It’s a kind of illness.” I said. Ah... I forget that I’m not in the present world.

“Some Lemmaphyllum may do the trick.” Daehyun said.

“Lemmaphyllum?” Baekhyun asked.

“Where can we get it?” I asked.

“In the forest.” Daehyun said. “I’ll go get it for you.”

“Thank you.” Yoonmi said and blushed a little.

“Thank you! Thank you!” Baekhyun said while bowing.

“Hey, there’s no need to bow to me.” Daehyun said.

“I didn’t know you’re that smart!” I said, punching him softly.

“I must be smart in order to protect you.” He said and smiled.

“Oh…” I said, I felt my heart beat go faster.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry guys! I'm very very late in updating! Too busy going for band practices and band competitions! My holiday is ending so I havetons of homework to do! But I promise I'll update as soon as I can! Just keep calm and continue reading! XD Peace!