Luna's Visit

Looking From A Distance

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I think the puppy really belongs to Krystal Jung. It only wags its tail to her and when I put him down, it heads to the direction where Krystal went. I ask Luna to give the puppy to Krystal because it seems to me that girl hates boys. Maybe she thought that I am one of her fan boys and will ask something in return for bringing back here lost puppy to her. Well, she’s absolutely wrong about it.

 

“I really want to keep that puppy.”I mumbled when Luna and I are on our way into our house.

 

“What did you say? You want to keep the owner of that puppy?” Luna questioned and when I look at her, a sly smirk is drawn to her face.

 

“Pfft!” I scoffed.

 

“What?”she replied and giggled.

 

“I’d rather hang myself than be with…..”I cut my sentence and decided not to continue it. Krystal Jung is not really my type of girl. “Aish, kindly drop the subject Lun? I don’t want to commit any sin through words right now.” I continued and she just laugh out loud.

 

“Seriously Am, you really don’t have even just .01% crush to her?”she asked curiously.

 

“Even point zillion zero percent,Lun.” I answered her and chuckled.

 

“Hmmmmm, I don’t believe you.”Luna answered and scoffed.

 

“Well, I won’t force you to believe me either.” I retorted as I shrugged my shoulders.

 

She then locked her arms to mine and continue to giggle. I am not really attracted to Krystal Jung and I don’t know why. I think, maybe it’s because of what she was doing that I had witnessed before.

 

“Mom, I’m home!” I shouted from the time I entered our house.

 

Luna slapped my back and scoffed. Mom then meets us halfway into our living room. She flash her graceful smile and Luna bowed to her politely.

 

“You’re disowned daughter has finally decided to drop by.” I said jokingly and Luna hit me on my back.

 

“Yah!”she yelled at me and Mom just laugh at us.

 

“You two, you really love to tease each other.”Mom said.

 

“It’s because this dino guy’s brain never mature.” Luna remarked and laughed. Mom laugh along with her and I know that it is one is to two.

 

“I know you two are teaming up against me so I will better excuse myself now.” I stated and head to my room to change.

 

LUNA’s POV

 

I decided to help Aunt Liu in the kitchen. I consider her as my second mother and their house as my second home. Amber and I are like siblings, we only know each other for five years but we really got really close. Even our families too. It’s weird because most of the time, other people who don’t know us thinks that we are couple. We are not really sweet to each other and most of the time, all we do is to bicker and tease each other.

 

“Where do you plan to spend your summer vacation, Lun?” Auntie asked me while we are cutting the vegetables.

 

“Hmmmm, we are planning to go to Europe, Auntie.”I answered to her. “Why don’t you and Amber come along with us?”I continued.

 

“Thank you for the invitation but, I can’t leave the café. You know that I have to save up a lot of money for that dork’s future.” Auntie answered and laughed a bit. “If Amber wants to come with you, I will let him though.” she continued.

 

“You know that he will never leave you alone, Auntie.” I stated with a smile.

 

“Sometimes, I should really let him to enjoy and relax too.”she replied to me. “You know he always work in our café if there’s no class and this summer vacation, I want him to have fun and be stress free.”she continued.

 

“Okay, I will convince him to come with us, Auntie.”I reassured her and she nodded her head with her graceful smile.

 

Amber later joined us and helps us in cooking. I can say that Auntie is the most important woman in my best friend’s life. My rank as of now is next to her. Even if Amber and I are super close, he never mentions to me that he got a crush or he likes someone. I think he is the type of guy who got a high standard in girls.

 

“Petite girl, where let’s go.” Amber called me.

 

“Just wait for a moment, Llama!” I yelled back at him.

 

“You two are really loud, our neighbors might complain.”Aunt scold us and then handed me one box of my favorite cake.

 

“Thank you for this, Auntie.”I said to her and plant a quick peck on her cheek.

 

“Come here as often as you can, okay?”she said to me with a smile.

 

“Yes, Auntie.”I answered happily.

 

I said my goodbye to Auntie and head to Amber who is now busy gazing at the stars on the dark sky and it seems to me that he is in deep thoughts. I approach him and look at the same direction where he is looking.

 

“What are you thinking?” I asked him.

 

“I just realize that there are things that are better admired from a distance than closer to it.” he replied.

 

“I prefer looking at something closely than from afar.” I stated and it made him look at me.

 

“Really?”he said with raise brows.

 

“Yeah, because it is only up close where we can see clearly how beautiful that thing we are watching from a distance or afar, right?” I said to him and I notice that his eyes were slowly got widened.

 

He then look back on the sky and then his dorky smile was drawn on his face.

 

“You are absolutely right, Lun.”he said and then turn to me. “Petite girl with a big brain.”he said and chuckled.

 

“Shut up, dino face.” I rolled my eyes on him.

 

“Just kidding.”he said and then hug me to his side.