Smile

Looking From A Distance

 

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I got very exhausted after I played basketball. I’m sweating like a pig and panting for air. Our opponent is really good. We have close scores though. They are only 4 points ahead of ours. I can hear my best friend’s voice cheering for us loudly, louder than the voice of other girls inside the gym.

 

“Nice game bro!”Key said as we high five in the air.

 

“Luna is really loud.”I mumbled and scoffed.

 

“Yeah, I think all the students here will come to know our name, which is good by the way, because at least Krystal Jung will recognize us.”Key said with a smirk on his face.

 

“How come?” I asked him raise brows.

 

“Dude, Krystal Jung is just sitting over there. It is her class we are merged to.”Key answered to me while pointing the girl who is sitting on the bleachers from a distance.

 

“That is why you had been showing off earlier.”I said to him and laugh.

 

“Need to impress the girl I like.”Key answered and laugh while scratching the back of his head.

 

“Nice game guys!” Luna said when she approached us and handed us a can of cold soda.

 

“Thanks Lun.”Key and I said in unison with a smile.

 

“You two should really join the basketball club.”Luna suggested.

 

“Too busy.”I answered to her shortly after I drank the soda.

 

“Too lazy.”Key answered and we all laugh.

 

“Don’t be a lazy bum,Kibum!” Luna exclaimed. “Now that your game is over, you two should cheer for me in volleyball.”she added.

 

“After I change.”I answered and grab my water bottle.

 

“Me too.”Key followed.

 

“If you guys won’t come back here to cheer for me, don’t bother showing your face in class again.”Luna said and glare at us.

 

“Of course, we will be here Lun.”I assured her with a smile as I pat her head. She is shorter than me and she likes it when I do it to her. It is not good to make her upset.

 

“Yah! Stop treating me as a little kid!”she yelled and pretending to get mad.

 

“Alright, good luck in your game. I will just be there, cheering for you and shouting your name.”I said to her.

 

“Okay, enough of your lovey-dovey. Let’s go now, Am.”Key in. Luna and I just laugh on his statement.

 

When we are walking our way out of the gym, I caught a glimpse of Krystal. Her eyes are following us, well maybe because Key is looking at her and waving too. I just let Key with his fan boy feeling mentally laughing at him.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I wanted to show the guy named Amber how good I am in sport but I got disappointed when I saw him already leaving with his friend. While his friend is waving at me, he is just keep his eyes ahead without even turning his head or got curious on who his friend is waving to. Natural instinct of a human is to look at the person your friend is waving to from a distance, right? I think he is not interested to the things he isn’t involved to.

 

“Let’s do our best, Krys.”Sulli said to me as we are warming up for our volleyball game.

 

“Good luck to us,Sull.”I replied to her with a smile.

 

“Okay, first six!” Our P.E teacher had called us.

 We walk in the court, position ourselves. Across the net, I saw the guy’s girlfriend. She smiled at me and I smile at her back. I think she is a nice and friendly person. No wonder that guy like her, she seems cheerful and jolly too.

 

“DO YOUR BEST, LUNA!”

 

We all turn our attention to the source of voice who cheered loudly. My brows raise when I found out that it’s coming from Amber and his friend Key. I shifted my gaze back at our opponents. I think Luna is the name of Amber’s girlfriend. She look like she got embarrass of what her boyfriend did because she is blushing. Her classmates are even teasing her.

 

“Krys, let’s do our best even if our boyfriends aren’t cheering for us like that.”Sulli said to me and chuckled.

 

“Let’s show them what we’ve got.”I said to her with a smirk and she nodded her head.

 

Amber and Key are really loud. I got distracted everytime they scream their classmates name. Even the girl named Luna is short, she is really good in this sports. I can see how Amber got happy every time Luna spiked the ball and score. At the end, we lose by 3 points.

 

“I didn’t expect that they are that good in volleyball.” Sulli stated as she wipe the sweat off her face.

 

“Yeah.” I replied to her and glance to the other side of the court.

 

Amber is patting Luna’s head with his dorky smile on. I notice that Luna is blushing. I find them a cute couple though. My eyes meet Amber’s eyes when he turns to me. I smile at him but he didn’t return my smile. Instead he just stare at me, and turn his attention to Key when his friend swing his arm around his shoulder.

 

“Nice game, babe.” Kai said to me which turn my attention to him.

 

“Thank you.”I replied to him with a weak smile.

 

I stole a glance to Amber for the last time and surprisingly, our eyes met. I think he is looking at me too. Even if that it is not that obvious, I still can see his lips curve a smile on me which made me happy.