Lost Puppy

Looking From A Distance

 

AMBER’s POV

 

“Am, will you wait for me until our meeting ends?”Luna asked me right after our class while I’m stuffing my books inside my bag.

 

“Yeah, sure.” I answered to him.

 

“Am, are you going to walk Luna home?”Key asked me with a smirk on his face.

 

“No, she’s walking me home.” I replied and scoffed.

 

“Yah!”Luna yelled and slap me on my arm. I laugh because of what she did as well as Key. She just rolled her eyes and then later, a smile was drawn to her face.

 

“Wait for me here, okay?”she said.

 

“Okay.” I answered.

 

“I’m going ahead of you bro. I have to meet our other friends because we are going to the Arcade today.”Key said happily.

 

“Okay, you guys may now take your leave.”I said to them and they both scoffed then left.

 

I sat down on the desk near the window and look on the baseball players playing on the field. I grab my iPhone and decided to listen to a song. I was rocking my head along the beat of the song then I grab a bar of chocolate on my other pocket and opened it. When I got up and about to head out the classroom, I got surprise when I saw one little black puppy halfway with brown circles on its eyes.

 

“What the heck!” I exclaimed. It is looking at my food on my hand while wagging its tail.

 

“Argh! Argh!”

 

“I don’t speak dog languages, you know.”I scoffed and stoop down. “Who’s your owner, little guy?” I asked as I patted its head.

 

I gaze outside the door but I don’t see anyone. This puppy won’t get in our school if nobody brought it inside, right?

 

“Argh! Argh!” It barks again which caught my attention.

 

“Does your kind eat chocolates?” I questioned and give him a piece of it.

 

The dog enjoyed its food. I just watch until it finished eating. After, I carried him to look around for its possible owner.  I was looking around the whole second floor, checking every room to look for the owner of the puppy. Unexpectedly, I ran into Krystal Jung without her boyfriend with her. Her eyes were shifted to the puppy that I’m holding because it starts to bark and wag it’s tail.

 

“Is this yours?” I ask her.

 

“O-Of course not!”she replied coldly.

 

“It’s wagging its tail on you.” I retorted.

 

“All dogs do that.”she said as she rolled her eyes and then walk pass me.

 

I shrugged my shoulders and continue to look for its owner. I can still feel a pair of eyes on my back so I look back. I meet Krystal’s eyes but she quickly look away and continue on her way. What’s up with her?
 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

On my way to school, I pick an abandon puppy. I hide it at our school backyard until my class is over. When I check on him again, he is no longer on the box where I put him. I look around and I heard a barking sound on the second floor. I quickly head upstairs and I got surprise when I saw Amber Liu holding him. He asked me if I am that puppy’s owner and I want to claim it but other words came out in my mouth. I mentally face-palmed myself for being such a and stupid. I hope he will take care of that puppy if no one wants to take it in.

 

“What’s wrong Soojung?” Unnie asked me when she join me in our living room. I’m lying on our couch, thinking about the puppy. I really want to take care of it because he looks very cute.

 

“I lost my puppy.”I sighed.

 

“Puppy?”Unnie questioned sounding confused. “Since when did you have one?”she continued.

 

I lazily got up and sit up straight to face her. I sighed again and look at her. I can see that she is waiting for me to answer her.

 

“I found one on my way to school earlier, but one of my schoolmates found him in our school too when I left him.” I explained.

 

“So get it to that person. Tell that person that it is yours.” Unnie suggested and I release a deep sigh.

 

“I can’t do that anymore Unnie.”I stated.

 

“How come?”she replied, tilting her head on the side.

 

“I already said to him that the puppy is not mine when he asked me.”I answered.

 

“Stupid.”she scoffed. “Why did you do that?”she continued and shook her head in disbelief.

 

“I don’t know, Unnie.”I answered weakly.

 

“Then ask Kai to do that for you.”She suggested.

 

“You are really smart,Unnie.”I said to her happily and hug her.

 

Our attention was shifted to our door when our doorbell rang.

 

“I will get it.”I said to Unnie and then head to the door.

 

When I open the door, I got surprise to see Luna standing in our doorstep. She got a smile on her face and is holding the puppy. I look behind here and saw Amber standing on the side of the road, looking at me with expressionless first.

 

“Hi! Sorry for disturbing you but, somebody told me that this puppy is yours.”Luna said to me.

 

“Who is it Soojung?” Unnie asked from the inside and come over. “Oh, this is the puppy you found on your way to school earlier?”Unnie said.

 

“Lun, hurry up!” Amber called her sounding impatient.

 

“Sorry about that guy. He is just upset that he couldn’t keep the puppy for himself.”Luna smiled awkwardly to us and handed the puppy to me.

 

“Thank you for bringing him here.” I answered to her and smiled back.

 

“Bye Jack-Jack.”Luna said as she patted the dog’s head.

 

“Jack-Jack?” I questioned her.

 

“Ah, that’s what Amber named him. You can change it if you want.”she said to me.

 

“Uhm, Jack-Jack is a good name. Besides, it seems the puppy likes it.”I said to Luna and smiled.

 

Luna said there goodbye to us. I watch her as she approach Amber. She said something to Amber and then Amber look at me. He smiled to me and slightly bows his head before they left.

 

“What’s up with that smile on your face, Soojung?” Unnie asked me with a smirk on her face.