Us Is Not Impossible

Looking From A Distance

AMBER's POV

 

I look after Krystal until Jessica-noona came back. Jack-Jack and I stayed in the living room when Krystal went back to sleep. I was lying on the couch and palying with Jack-Jack. I glance at the wall clock and it's already almost 6 o'clock.

 

"Jack, does Jessica-noona work until this late?" I asked the dog and he just stared at me, wagging his tail.

 

I scoffed of my stupidness and then got up on the couch and put Jack-Jack on the floor. I went to Krystal's room to check if her fever is completely gone now. I don't know why I'm looking after her. I don't know either why Jessica-noona asked me to take good care of her sister even though Krystal got a lot of close friends. I feel Krystal's forehead and compare it's temperature to mine by feeling my own forehead with my other hand.

 

"Her fever is gone now." I mumbled.

 

"What are you doing, Llama?" I heard her voice which made me look at her.

 

"Checking your temp." I replied to her as I withdraw my hand. "How are you feeling right now?"

 

"Better than before."she replied.

 

"Good. You're fever is gone now and me, it's time for me to go home."I said to her.

 

"Why don't you stay for dinner. Unnie will be home late and I don't want to eat dinner alone."she stated.

 

"What exactly is Noona's work?" I asked her.

 

"She's a medical doctor."she replied.

 

"Seriously?"I questioned in disbelief.

 

"Yeah."Krystal replied and scoffed.

 

"Wow, a doctor who can give a haircut too." I mumbled in amazement.

 

"Dork."Krystal said and giggled.

 

I told Mom about me staying over for dinner in Krystal's house. Mom just let me and she even sounds happy about it. I really find my Mom sometimes weird. She doesn't get worried if I stay over alone with a girl in a house. Well, maybe it's because she knows I'm a good guy.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I am just watching Amber cooking our dinner. I didn't expect that he can cook a meal. I told him to cook a steak. I think he is a husband material type of guy. I will be so lucky if I manage this guy to fall in love with me. It caught my attention when he massage his forehead.

 

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

 

"Yeah, just a slight headache. I think it's because of the smoke."he replied. "Well, it's done now."

 

"Are you sure it's delicious?" I asked him as I walk over and take a look at it.

 

"See it for yourself."he said as he put some on one plate and handed it to me.

 

I sat down on our dining table and cut a piece of the meat and taste it. I'm glad that my tastebuds is functioning normally now because I can taste how delicious the meat again.

 

"How was it?" Amber asked me as he sat across me with his plate of steak.

 

"It's not that bad."I replied to him with a smile.

 

"Hmmm."he hummed in response and grab a bite to his food. "It's good."he said after he swallowed it.

 

"Oh you give some to Jack-Jack." I said to him.

 

Amber got up from his seat on get a piece for Jack-Jack and give it to him. Luna is very lucky to have Amber and get super close to him for a long time.

 

"Hey, you know what. I thought you and Luna are couple before."I said to him when he got back on his seat.

 

"Those people who don't know our real relationship think that."he replied and scoffed.

 

"Luna is nice, do you like her?"I asked him curiously.

 

"Nah, that shorty likes someone else. I only see her as my little sister."he answer.

 

"Even if she doesn't like someone else, are you going to see her as your little sister?" I replied.

 

"Yeah. But if we are fated to be together, I will be grateful too."he said with a smile and it stings my heart a bit.

 

"Do you think you someone like you can fall in love with a jealous, not so nice, spoiled, and moody girl?" I asked him without meeting his eyes. I don't have the courage to do so.

 

"If my heart will choose to love her, then there is nothing I can do about it."he replied which gives me a slight hope.

 

"Do you love someone now?"

 

"I don't know, I don't know how it feels when your in love to that person romantically. I might confuse it with just caring or infatuation if I quickly conclude that I am inlove with her without me sorting out my feelings first."he explained.

 

"So you are the type of guy who likes his first girlfriend to be his last?"I questioned him with raise brows.

 

"Yap! I'm cool, right?"he said with a cocky smirk on his face.

 

"What if you are not the first guy in that girl's life?"I questioned him, looking at him straight in the eyes.

 

"What do you mean?"I replied.

 

"She got a lot of boyfriends before you."I replied.

 

"Hmmm,should I be concerned about it?"he questioned. "I think, it doesn't matter. It's her past and I am her present as well as her future."he added and chuckled.

 

After hearing what he said, my hope rise up to the highest level. So us is not impossible at all. I can't help myself not to smile and then continue to eat my food.