Pain

Looking From A Distance

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I runaway because I don't want Amber to see me cry. I don't want to see me as a weak person. What I saw really hurts me. I stopped in the park and sit in the swing alone. Tears keep coming out of my eyes and my chest feels really heavy. I don't think Amber will run after me. I burried my face on my palms and continue to sob. I wipe my tears when someone sit on the empty swing beside me. When I look who he is, it is Amber.

 

"W-What are you doing here?"I asked him coldly. I'm thankful that it is dim here because he won't notice my swollen eyes.

 

"I felt like swinging tonight."he answered me. 

 

"Where's the groceries?" I ask him when I noticed that he is empty handed.

 

"Left it at that sidewalk."he replied.

 

"What?!" I exclaimed as I stood up. I can't believe this guy. "Yah!Why did you left it there?!" I yelled at him.

 

"It will just slow me down in running after you."he defended himself.

 

Hearing his response makes my heart fluttered. I look away from him and I don't know why I am feeling this way at this time. I think maybe it's because I am emotionally unstable right now. I sat down on the swing and the surrounding becomes silent. I can feel the cold breeze of the wind and I brace myself.

 

"I think this place is getting creepy the longer we stay here."Amber said as he looks around. "I think we should go now."he continued when he looked at me.

 

"Just go ahead. I'm staying here."I said to him. He got up from the swing and turn to me.

 

"Seriously?"he questioned me and I keep quiet. "I've heard a lot of stories about this place. They say that a little boy's ghost pop out at this time. If you meet that kid, he will haunt you for the rest of your life."he continued with a serious tone of voice. Obvious that he is just scaring me.

 

"If you want to leave, then leave! You don't have to talk too much."I said to him coldly.

 

"Okay, I give up."Amber sighed and sat back on his swing.

 

"I want to be alone, so leave!"I raised my voice to drive him away. Amber got startled about it.

 

"Aish!"he exclaimed, sounding annoyed.

 

I got surprise when he suddenly grab my hand and drag me. I keep looking on our link hands. Amber is holding me tightly but gently. This is the first time I feel his warm hand. It's very warm that it is soothing the pain in my heart. He brought me on the rooftop of this one building.

 

"I don't know how painful a heartbreak is but I think screaming will help you feel better. It is what I always saw in the movies." he said to me.

 

"That's stupid."I replied to him.

 

"Just try it. Scream what is in your heart right now. Words that you want to say."he insisted.

 

"If I didn't feel better after this, I will beat you up."I said to him with a stern voice.

 

"Violent girl."he scoffed.

 

"YYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I scream loudly after I walk at the nearly edge of the rooftop, close to the railings. "I'M GONNA KILLL YOU KKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"I continued and breath heavily after.

 

The dork is right, doing this made me feel a little better. I continued screaming, cursing Kai to my heart's content. Amber just stood in one corner,I think he is just listening to me. My tears began to stream as I remember what Kai did to me and our happy memories together. I hate myself for believing to all of his lies. I felt like I'm the most stupid girl in the whole world. I drop on the floor and continue to sob.

 

"I told you to only scream, not to cry too."Amber told me when he stoop down in front of me. "Are you really stupid?"he said with a faint smile and wipe my tears.

 

"It hurts." I stated.

 

Amber looked at me with concerned eyes and then he pull me towards him and embrace me.

 

"I'm sorry if this is the only thing I can do for you to make you feel better."he whispered to me.