Together Everyday

Looking From A Distance

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I feel excited and happy on my first day at work. I know that I will be able and be with Amber the whole day everyday starting from now. When I arrived in their cafe, the first person I've seen is him. He looked surprised when he saw me. His Mom is nice, way nicer than him and friendly. I will work as a cashier and Amber will be the one who will take and serve the orders of the customers. I’m just observing him, how he deal with other people and I notice that he is too friendly to them. 

 

"Guys, you take your lunch first." Mrs. Liu called us from the kitchen.

 

Amber and I head to the kitchen and Mrs. Liu already set the table for us. I give my thanks to her and sat down on the chair across Amber. I thought his Mom will join us but she takes over our work. This is the first time that I will eat lunch together with Amber and it will continue until the last day of my work here.

 

"Does Kai knows you are working here?" Amber finally talked to me.

 

"No, I just told him that I will take a summer job."I answered to him.

 

"You should inform him about this so that he won't misunderstood and suspect anything. “he replied before he takes a bite on his food.

 

"He is in States right noq, he will come back on our first week of class."I informed him.

 

"You should go somewhere else too and enjoy your vacation instead of working. “he stated.

 

"I want to earn money and gain a new experience. Besides, I think I will enjoy this work."I said to him with a smile.

 

"Cool."He replied shortly and flashes a faint smile.

 

AMBER's POV

 

Since she will be my co-worker, I think I should be friendly to her. It's not because Mom asked me to but it's because we will be working together the entire summer break. I notice that most of our customers are guys, I think it is because of Krystal. I don't complain about it but instead, I'm thankful. Surprisingly, Krystal is really doing well in her job. She is taking it seriously. Our day ended and we close our cafe. 

 

"Good job kids."Mom told us after we finish cleaning the cafe.

 

"Mom, you should hire one more waiter or waitress." I suggested.

 

"I'm working on that,dork."Mom answered me and it made Krystal giggled. "Krystal, you should stay over for dinner in our house."she invited her.

 

Krystal looks at my Mom, looking a little bit surprise about it then she looks at me. I think she is asking my approval about it. I can see that she is hesitating to answer my Mom.

 

"I insist, honey."Mom told her.

 

"Uhm, don't worry, I will walk you home after."I said to her as I awkwardly scratch my not itchy head. I think Krystal's stalker is not around this time.

 

Krystal agreed to have dinner with us. I know our house is not big as their house but I hope she won't mind. She is the second girl who comes into my house, I'm expecting that it is my future girlfriend but I think I'm wrong.

 

"Before anything else, Am can you go to the supermarket?" Mom asked me with her pleading smile.

 

"Okay."I answered and scoffed.

 

"Can I come with you?" Krystal asked me.

 

"Okay, but this time you should walk." I said to her.

 

"Of course I will, stupid."she scoffed and later covers . Mom laughed at her. "Sorry." she apologized to me.

 

"It's okay Krystal-shii, you don't have to apologize on him."Mom told her. I rolled my eyes on them.

 

"Mom, list and money." I told her.

 

"Oh yeah. Wait for a minute."she said and hurriedly went to the kitchen.

 

"Your Mom is cool."Krystal said with a smile on her face while looking at my Mom.

 

"I know."I answered to her with a proud smirk.

 

"But how come you are not?"she asked me and laughed when she looked at me.

 

"I have my own coolness in me. You'll notice it later on." I scoffed.

 

"I only notice your dorkiness and stupidness."she replied and giggled.

 

After Mom gave the list and money, we walk our way into the supermarket. We bought all the stuffs that Mom had listed on the paper. While we are walking on our way back into our house, I furrowed my brows when I saw Kai from afar.

 

“Hey, isn’t that your boyfriend?” I asked Krystal as I stop from walking with my eyes fixed on the person I’m referring to.

 

“Huh?”Krystal asked me.

 

“Kai.” I said to her as I turn my head on her and then pointed her boyfriend across the street.

 

Krystal looked at the direction I pointed at her. She furrowed her brows because I think she got confuse. My eyes slowly widen when a girl approach Kai and he swing his hand across that girl’s shoulder and plant a quick peck on that girl’s lips. Krystal dropped the shopping bag and the stuffs inside made a clanking sounds. When I looked at her again, a expression of shock is visible on her face. Krystal lower her head and I notice that she clenched her fist, I then feel a very cold and gloomy aura around her. Before I can say a word, she hurriedly run away, leaving me behind.