Chapter 3

The One who Came into my Life

 

Chapter 3

When we left the restaurant, it was dark outside, the lights were on though, but it was eerily quiet outside, like no one was walking or anything. We walked out of the alley. We saw a man stumbling in front of us.

“I think we should go around him, Jess.” I stated while watching him stumbling in front of us, it was too dark to see what he was wearing, but it looked like he was wearing a suit.

“Yeaaah, I think so too, Sam.” Jess answered back with a little fear in her voice as she clung to my arm in fear as he came closer to us. He kept his head down so he wouldn’t be seen by us, as if trying to hide his face for some weird reason. When we walked by, we started to hear footsteps behind us, following us now.
“I think we need to walk faster.” Jess whispered in my ear silently to where only I can hear it.

“I think so too, man.” I answered with more fear this time in my tone. Jess started to pull me and I followed in pursuit beside her, but the footsteps also quickened behind us. As soon I heard them quickened to our pace, I pulled Jess while running; she was now running beside me at the same pace. Another block down and we heard voices ahead of us, they sounded like guys, maybe five-six guys. As we ran by them, Jess had done something to one of those guys, because I had heard one of them yell after us. I felt Jess put a cap on my head; I looked at her with a puzzled look when we reached our apartment complex at an early time due to running, even though the guy stopped chasing us when he saw five-six guys in front of us.

“Shall we go in now, so we can get some sleep?” I asked while rubbing my eyes sheepishly.

“Yeah, let’s go in to get some sleep for tomorrow.” Jess answered with sleepy tone to her voice. I used my key to open our door to the apartment.

“Goodnight Sammy!” Jess said to me through her bedroom wall.

“Goodnight, Jess, sleep well arra?” I said and closed my door, when I did; I remembered the cap that Jess put on my head, I smile small. I take the cap off and out it on my dresser.

“Tomorrow we will find the owner of this cap and I will return to him.” I whispered to the cap and smiled again at it. In the morning, my alarm was screaming at me once again, like every morning to wake me up, but this time I feel happy for some reason. I look over at the cap, I stand up and walk over to it, and I pick it up and look at the design. I stare at it, realizing about the design now, I trace over it with my finger. I got ready for work when I set it down on the dresser again.

“Are you ready for work Sammy?” Jess called out from behind my door.

“Yeah I am ready.” I called back to her, I set the cap down on my dresser and walks out of the door to a “new” day.