Chapter 4

The One who Came into my Life

 

Chapter 4

Jess and I walked a different route to work; it was a faster way this time. I hope we can use this route more often rather than the old way. We walked in to the school at the exact time (7:30AM): before school started.

“Wow, we’re early Jess!” I said with excitement in my tone because we are normally late to class at exactly five minutes before class started.

“Yes we are, thank God too, so we can get some of our lesson plans down!” She squeaked happily and walked to her class room after saying bye and good luck to me. As I put my class lessons together, my students started to walk in, now the funny thing, is that now I have new people coming in as my students.

“Welcome new students to my class! I hope we will all get along be one big happy “family” as we review for the old and new units.” I said as I scanned the room and smiled warmly at everyone.

“Open your textbooks to page 30 on pronunciations for simple English words like “Hello,” “Goodbye,” etc,” I said. “Then we will learn how to write it out in English, and then say it to help with pronouncing the words, arra? Now, hasigi balabnida sijag (get started please)!” I told them and smiled wide at them. They got started on their work, it was kind of very quiet, unlike the other students that were talking a bit, but they were doing their work none-the-less. I walked around the room to see if anyone needed help on the assignment, but when I notice only a few did, I went to my desk and graded papers from my 6:00PM class in the evening. Time seemed to be ticking slowly, but the bell had sounded for release and my students in the morning came and put their assignments on my desk.

“See you in the morning students!” I said with a smile and waved to them goodbye as they walked out. “Another day came and another day gone,” I thought in my head when I looked out the window and smiled some. 

“Hey, you ready for lunch yet?” Jessica called out to me with her head only in the door, her hand on the frame of it. She was always smiling, no matter what happens, unless something really bad happened to her, or to people she cares about, then she gets distant. I still remember when I first met her.

---Flashback---

I sat in next to a window in college in Seoul, South Korea. I didn’t know who spoke English, except for the teacher that spoke English to us all. I didn’t have friends at all, just myself and this window I’m sitting next to.

“Hahaha!” 

I turned my head to see who was laughing a bit loud like that and I saw her, along with three other people beside her as if she was a Goddess or something.

“May I sit here?” I heard her ask me in English, in which it put me in shock, due to the fact that she SPOKE English. She had an accent just like some of the others, but she had it down better than anyone else in here and the rest of South Korea.

"Um, yeah, sure you can sit here." I answered her with a small smile, I looked back out the window to the scenery.

"You like Anime?" The girl had asked me, and I looked at her with confused look on my face. Then I saw her finger move and point at my Alucard shirt.

"Oh! Y-yeah I do like Anime, what about you...miss um..." I asked, but it sounded a little bit off because I didn't know her name.

"Jessica, Jessica Kim." She smiled warmly at me as I looked at her clothes (now that I noticed). Her dark blue jeans matched with her shirt of some singer or rapper from a KPop group.

Ever since then, we both became best friends

---End Flashback---

 

"I'm really glad I met you, Jess." I thought in my head, I turned my head to the window and smiled out the window into the night. As I reached to turn my lamp off I looked toward the cap on my dresser.

"Goodnight cap." I thought to the cap and turned off the lamp on my nightstand beside me.