I just... can't

My life by your side

Doc : Jwesonghabnida Mr Nam but your wife isn't pregnant. I think there is a misunderstanding

Woo Hyun : but... s-she... Jagi, you rubbed your tummy when we cameback from the vacation... and you know that.. we did it many times so I thought...

You : you thought i was pregnant just because I rubbed my tummy ?! Are you crazy ? If I really was, I wouldn't keep it a secret

Woo Hyun : don't be so mad... I'm sad and sorry already. I was just so happy to think like this so I didn't really analysed if what I believed was true or not

You : I hope you didn't told anyone about it

Woo Hyun : well...

You : aishhh who did you told it to ?

Woo Hyun : Sung Yeol and Ji Eun, there are our best friends. How could I not tell them ?

You : aishh jinjja ! I can't believe it !

 

Pissed off, depressed and sad, you went outside of the hospital. Woo Hyun was about to run after you when the doctor grabbed his arm.

 

Doc : let her be for now, she needs some time

 

Outside, it felt good to breath a fresh air. Alone, you always felt bittersweet. Even more after what the doctor told you.

 

* Flashback *

 

Doc : you don't have to worry about these stomachache, it's only an indigestion. But... something catched my attention in your analysis. I wanted to know.. did you already had an abortion or a miscarriage ?

You : well... I... I had... 3 abortions

Doc : that's what I thought ! Mmm if it isn't against your will, I'd like you to do some more exams. Abortion can be dangerous and causes infertility. It seems to be your case

You : do-does it means that... I can't be pregnant anymore ?

Doc : I'm sure about it yet, but it may be that's why I want you to do more exams. Is it okay for you ?

You : n-nae...

 

* End of the flashback *

 

A tear ran down your cheek as you remembered the conversation with the doctor. Woo Hyun had been so caring and loving towards you since you came back from the honeymoon. Now, you knew that he acted like this because he thought he was going to be a dad. How could you tell him that you weren't able to give birth ? It was his dream to have kids with you. You couldn't dissappoint him. The more you thought about it, the more you wanted to dissapear. Finally, not able of controlling your feelings, you bursted in tears.

On his way to the hospital, Jeon Wu passed by the bus stop where you were sitting. As soon as he recognized you, he parked his car at the nearest place he could then walked to you.

 

Jeon Wu : ~~~~ ? Why are you crying ? 

You : I.... just... just go... I want to be alone

Jeon Wu : I won't let you by yourself when you're like this, tell me what's wrong

You : I said go ! It... It's all your fault !!

Jeon Wu : me ? wae ? what happened ~~~~ ? and.. where is Woo Hyun ?! He left you alone ?!

You : at least, he does as I want. Just leave me please Jeon Wu...

Jeon Wu : aniya, I can't ! Just.. tell me what's wrong

 

Even more sad and this time angry as well, you got up and began to slap Jeon Wu's chest. However, because of your state of mind and your tears, the knocks that you wanted to be hurtful were just weak. Seeing you like this made Jeon Wu worried, even if he treated you as nothing in the past, he had never seen you being so weak and hurt. Grabbing your shoulders, he pulled you into a hug. You weren't able to say anything anymore and just cried, letting Jeon Wu comforting you while caressing your hair.

During this time, Woo Hyun, not knowing what to do, went back to the house. There, he sat down on the little stairs that were in front of the entrance door. He didn't understand why you acted like this, he knew that he shouldn't have think that you were pregnant just because of this gesture, but it wasn't a reason for you to be this mad at him. Both of you hadn't argued before, it was the first time you reacted this way.

After some time, keeping searching what could make you this mad, he heard a car coming closer to the house. Turning his head to the side, he saw a black car however he didn't know who it belonged to. Jeon Wu came out of it and opened the other door. Woo Hyun's heart started racing and his fist clenching as he saw you getting out of the car. Jeon Wu bowed and began telling him that he was passing by when he recognized ~~~~. But Woo Hyun was too angry to listen to him, he just walked straight to you.

 

Woo Hyun : yah !! Do you know how much I was worried ?!? I don't even know why you're so mad at me ! And you just go here and there with this guy !

Jeon Wu : Woo Hyun, calm down please. ~~~~ kept crying earlier, you shouldn't act this way. I think it's better to talk later, just calm down first

Woo Hyun : calm down ?! You want me to calm down when my wife went to her ex instead of her husband when she's sad ! I just can't ! If you're this close to him, why did you left him huh ?!

You : Oppa... please... I'm sorry, I won't do it again, I'm sorry

Woo Hyun : sorry ? is that how you're sorry ??

You : Oppa... 

 

You grabbed Woo Hyun's arm even if you were quite afraid. The way he stared at you was frightening. Jeon Wu didn't knew what to do but he wanted to protect you so he grabbed your arm and stand in front of you.

 

Jeon Wu : don't do anything bad to ~~~~, it's not her fault

Woo Hyun : who do you think I am ?!? I'm not bad enough to hit girls, I'm not you !

 

With this, Woo Hyun left. You just fell down as Jeon Wu tap your back softly, trying to comfort you.

Sung Yeol and Ji Eun were about to go to the hospital when they heard someone knocking their appartment's door strongly. Sung Yeol went to it.

 

Sung Yeol : Woo Hyun Hyung ?!

Woo Hyun : can you come with me ?

Sung Yeol : eodi ?

Woo Hyun : you'll see... I just want you to go with me somewhere, I don't want to be alone.... I need to talk to someone

Sung Yeol : y-yea. What about ~~~~ ?

Woo Hyun : don't worry about her, she's alright

Ji Eun : see, I know that ~~~~ is a strong wo-

Woo Hyun : could you please stop talking about her ?

Ji Eun : huh ? wae ? Oppa, is there something wrong ?

Woo Hyun : I don't want to talk about someone who let the person who loves her the most alone to go to the one who made her suffer the most when she feels bad

Ji Eun : what do you mean ?

Sung Yeol : Hyung... are you okay ?

Woo Hyun : What I mean is... you don't have to worry about ~~~~, she wanted Jeon Wu to take care of her and I guess that's what he's doing now

Ji Eun : nonsense ! I should admit that Jeon Wu is nicer than before but... ~~~~ will never do that !

Woo Hyun : I thought the same... but we're wrong Ji Eun-ah. Maybe ~~~~ loves him afterall, he's nicer as you said

Ji Eun : bu-

Woo Hyun : Sung Yeol-ah, are you ready ? Can we go now ?

Sung Yeol : sure. Jagi, talk with ~~~~ please, I'll take care of Woo Hyun

Ji Eun : n-nae

 

It was the first time that Woo Hyun was so heart-broken, Sung Yeol just followed him. Woo Hyun drove to a club they used to visit since they were in high school. It was like their secret place, each time they were sad, they would both got here to get drunk and forget about all the problems. Getting inside, Woo Hyun went straight to a table, Sung Yeol following him. Yun Ju wasn't far from their seats so it was easy for her to recognize them. She asked one of her co-worker to come and take care of the customer she was with. Then, she went to Woo Hyun and sat next to him.

 

Yun Ju : it's been a while Oppa

Woo Hyun : oh Yun Ju-ah~ You're prettier than before

Yun Ju : aigoo I'm glad you finally are like this to me

Sung Yeol : Hyung... don't flirt please

Yun Ju : what Oppa does is none of your business Sung Yeol

Woo Hyun : why would I just sit here drinking when a gorgeous woman wants to flirt with me ?

Sung Yeol : Hyung, you'll regret it. Don't do anything like this

Woo Hyun : aniya, my wife is probably having fun with another man, why can't I do the same ?

Yun Ju : you're right Oppa, and tonight I'm all yours

Woo Hyun : then can you do something for me ?

Yun Ju : whatever you want Oppa

Woo Hyun : first, I'd like to drink something

Yun Ju : aigoo I thought you'd ask for something more interesting than this

Woo Hyun : later Yun Ju-ah, we have the whole night

Yun Ju : mm sounds good. I'll be right back then

 

Sung Yeol waited for her to be far enough to try to change Woo Hyun's mind. He knew that if Woo Hyun acted like this, it was because of how he felt, not because he liked to flirt with any girls.

 

Sung Yeol : yah Hyung ! You're really stupid !

Woo Hyun : mwo ? stupid ? wae ? I don't see why what I'm doing is stupid

Sung Yeol : the way you act is just childish ! Do you remember all these years when you secretly liked ~~~~ ? Each time we went to a club, you've never flirt with girls, why ?

Woo Hyun : because ~~~~ was the only one in my mind

Sung Yeol : today it's the same, isn't it ?

Woo Hyun : today..... today ~~~~ prefered being with Jeon Wu than with me, and it really hurts me. He made her suffer so much but she still willingly goes to him

Sung Yeol : are you sure about this ?

Woo Hyun : well... I saw it

Sung Yeol : did you let ~~~~ explain the situation ?

Woo Hyun : there is nothing to explain

Sung Yeol : if you weren't married to ~~~~, how would you react ?

Woo Hyun : I would... I would not mind it... I would keep loving her... and fight for her

Sung Yeol : that's why I'm saying you're stupid. When she had someone before, you'd got angry and fight for her. Now that you're married, you just got angry and run away because of jealousy.

Woo Hyun : I-

Yun Ju : here it is Oppa~

 

Jeon Wu was sitting on the couch beside you while you were drinking some tea that he had prepared for you. Even though he was trying to make you feel better, you couldn't stop worrying about Woo Hyun. At this right moment, someone knocked the door. Jeon Wu was the one who went to it. Seeing his face, Ji Eun felt bad and mad at you. Without greeting him, she ran to you and softly slapped your head.

 

Ji Eun : yah ! you ! are you crazy ?!? How could you let this guy in ?? I know that he changed a lot but... did you think of Woo Hyun ?! Do you know how depressed he is right now ?? I can't believe it !! I didn't want to believe him when he said that... that you went to Jeon Wu... I've never thought you could do this ! I mean... ~~~~ yo-

Jeon Wu : you're misunderstanding Ji Eun-ah, it's nothing like this. I just passed by ~~~~ and saw her crying so I decided to take her home

Ji Eun : I don't want to hear you-

You : Ji Eun-ah, do you know where Woo Hyun is ?? I can't... I can't stay like this. I want to talk to him, to explain everything, I have to apologize to him... I know that it wasn't a good idea to let Jeon Wu take me home but... I didn't know Woo Hyun would be this jealous

Ji Eun : of course he is !! Jeon Wu is your ex husband !!

You : I know.... I don't want to lose him Ji Eun-ah

 

Thinking about the fact that Woo Hyun could leave you made you even more sad. Tears were flowing out. This sight of you hurted Jeon Wu, it also made him realize that without Woo Hyun you weren't able to be happy, that Woo Hyun was the one for you. 

 

Jeon Wu : Ji Eun-ah, tell us where Woo Hyun is please, we'll all go there

 

Yun Ju sat back near Woo Hyun and put an hand on his thigh. Sung Yeol just stared at Woo Hyun. Grabbing Yun Ju's hand, he put it on the table.

 

Woo Hyun : I'm sorry Yun Ju-ah, I can't do this... I'm feeling guilty already, I shouldn't let ~~~~ alone

Yun Ju : Oppa ! How can you do this to me ?? Let me be with you just for tonight

Woo Hyun : I don't want Yun Ju ! I love ~~~~ and I won't cheat on her, I'll go back home and tell her how sorry I am

 

Yun Ju, who had a better view of the entrance than Woo Hyun, saw you, Ji Eun and Jeon Wu got inside. As soon as she met your gaze, she closed her eyes and pulled Woo Hyun to her for a kiss.