Lavender

Dependence

Taeyeon slowly got up on her feet, her eyes foggy and tired. She thought she had gone blind for a moment, but realized that it was just the night's darkness that caused the blackness she saw. She took in her surroundings. There were tents up, and it seemed that the campfire had just been put out. She felt a whole lot less nauseous now, but something deep down didn't feel right. 

I probably should just get some sleep...

She opened up a tent, and collapsed in exhaustion.


Taeyeon... help...

A blurry vision appeared in her mind, right before everything else fadded into nothingness. The process could almost be compared to a computer shutting down. All mind functions were powering down, slowly loosing all control. Absense was the essence-years of memory and experience was erased and filled with a new color.

Hyomin pulled the needle out of Jisook, watching her slowly lose herself as well. She turned to the girl with the shoulder-length brown hair. She awaited anxiously for her coming into consciousness. 

I wonder what color her eyes will be...

The light of the flourescent lamp started to shine through the cracks of Sunny's eyes. They were opening and adjusting to the light. The next minute or so was very painful for the girl, but she felt no feelings. It wouldn't matter to her anyways.

Hyomin was the first thing/person she would see, and she would be under her complete control. With her half-lidded eyes, she stared up at Hyomin's face.

Hyomin had quite an expression on her face. Her heart beat out of her chest... she suddenly felt more confident in her decisions. 

Lavander! This is definately a first...

Her eyes were brilliant. Bright and beautiful. Every detail of her iris was crystal clear. 

The pale eyed girl began to struggle under her bindings. Quickly, Hyomin injected the second serum. Sunny let out a blood-curdling cry in reaction, and Hyomin found it hard to bear. She hugged her, and was successful in calming the zombified girl down. 

She breathing was hard and rugged. 

Hyomin tenderly pushed Sunny back on the stretcher and loosened her buckles, and proceeded to care for Jisook. 

"And her eyes are..." Hyomin checked as Jisook started to open her eyes, "teal. Not too bad." She injected the second serum into her as well and went through the same process she did with Sunny. Hyomin wiped her hands on her apron and rolled the table of supplies out of the room.


The girls and Max were up and ready by dawn. Taeyeon was still a bit groggy, but she insisted on moving forward. 

"What do you think it's like... ya know, having someone care for you so much?" Yuri suddenly asked Yoona.

"Hm?" Yoona replied, a bit taken back by the sudden question.

"Nevermind...," Yuri said, glancing at Jessica, who was walking a bit ahead of them.

"No, tell me. What's up?" Yoona asked. During the past year, Yoona never addressed her feelings for Yuri at all. She tried pushing them down as much as possible, but with Yuri as her roommate, she couldn't do it. Yuri seemed to have a lot of problems, but she wouldn't tell Yoona. Or at least initiate a conversation about it herself.

Yuri's eyes flickered down at the ground. She took a moment to think and opened to speak, "As weird as it sounds... I'm a bit jealous of Sunny, in a way."

Yoona's eyebrows furrowed. "Meaning? Despite her situation?"

"Well, of course I'm not envious of that, but look at those two," Yuri said, nudging her head towards Jessica and Taeyeon, both far ahead of the group. 

"Yeah. They seem really concerned," Yoona mumbled.

"Not just concerned. They're both practically killing themselves over this whole ordeal. You can tell that Taeyeon hasn't slept since Sunny went missing. And... Jessica has never shown so much passion in anyone, or anything at all in that matter," Yuri's eyes sadly glistened.

Yoona's heart was beating quickly. Should she speak up or not? This would be the perfect time to confe-No! I-I can't do that... but I can't just say nothing back to her...

She swallowed hard, and shakily opened . "I care."

Yuri turned her head slowly at Yoona.

"I mean, words are cheap, ya know but... If you would take my word for it, I could say that I would feel the same. I would do exactly what Taeyeon and Jessica would do for Sunny for you. I swear," Yoona kept her focus on the ground below, watching as the dirt rolled by as she walked.

"You... you really would?"

"Yeah. You aren't just a teammate to me-" Yoona's eyes grew wide at what she allowed to slip out of .

Yuri raised an eyebrown and smiled, "Well, we are roommates."

Yoona's eyes returned to normal size and she took a deep breath inwardly. "Yeah, roommates... and my best friend," she smiled wide.

Yuri laughed quietly. "You look like an alligator. Don't make that face."

quickly closed. "Oh."

Yuri laughed a bit louder, "I'm kidding. It's nice," she took Yoona's hand and quickly put them both into her coat pocket. "It's cold. C'mon, we've got a few miles before we reach the next rest stop."

Yoona sunk her head into the collars of her jacket to hide her smile and blush. She silently cheered mentally.

Behind the two, the tall one looked on with a smile on her face. Why isn't that cute. Eyes met the back of long, flowing blonde hair.


Sunny and Jisook were taken into the care of another scientist, known as Eun-jung. She had short black hair and very round bright red eyes. She happened to be in Hyomin's squad.

"Take care of these two. Especially her." Hyomin pointed to Sunny. 

Eun-jung raised an eyebrow. "Hm. Don't worry, I got them," she proceeded to haul the two in quite a rough manner.

Hyomin slapped her forehead, closing her eyes. She gives me such a headache.

Sunny and Jisook were stripped down and attached to pulsary wires and patches. Every major muscle was strapped securely. Each of them received an oxygen mask and the two were dunked into a green saline solution. The two tanks held them with quite enough room considering their sizes, and Eun-jung pumped oxygen into their lungs by releasing the valve near the two of their chambers. She proceeded to type a few commands into her master computer, and electric impulses were shot into the girls' muscles. 

Eun-jung removed her gloves and thew them both into a trash bin. She exited the lab, greeting Hyomin as she wiped her brow with her coat sleeve.

"Done."

"Thanks a bunch," Hyomin smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about it. I'll be back in two hours. Watch them to make sure their oxygen doesn't go out," Eun-jung combed her fingers through her hair and walked down the hallway, taking her lab coat off along the way.

Hyomin turned her focus on Sunny. She'll be the perfect partner.



The group made a rest stop at the top of a cliff that overlooked the area. This night was the the 2nd month out on their way to finding Sunny, with very little sign of progress. 

"Where the hell are we going anyway?" Jessica irritably plopped down on her back. It's been a long journey for her, and she hasn't gotten as much sleep as she usually would get.

No one said anything.

"I mean, what's our plan anways?" she sat up in frustration. "We've been just wondering around aimlessly for the past couple days... are we even on the right track?" 

Max walked back towards the group, hand on his bluetooth. "Yeah, we're just about there. I know. I'll tell them. Yup. Bye," he hung up.

All 8 pairs of eyes were on him.

"What?"

"You were gonna tell us something..." Hyoyeon said irritably. 

He sighed. "Yeah. It's a long story. I was planning on telling you tomorrow."

"What is it?" Yuri asked, a sudden interest rising.

"Well, you may have been wondering how we have a direction to move in at all," Max made a glare at Jessica, "but I know information about the place that Sunny has been taken to."

Taeyeon immediately stood up, followed by Jessica, "Tell us now," Taeyeon said, a bit too forcefully.

"Alright. Like I said, it's a long story. Get comfortable."

The girls gathered around Max, sitting in a circle. They were dirty, tired, and hungry, but they immediately regained a spark of energy and hope.

"Sunny-"

"That's going to have to wait a bit." All the girls whipped their heads to behind them.

Silence filled the night as nine pairs of eyes grew as wide as the moon above their heads.

Taeyeon's brows angled angrily at the sight.

"You again.

Hyomin smiled. "I'm not sure why, but I'm a bit excited to see you all today. Especially Taeyeon."

Taeyeon didn't reply, she just glared at her. Jessica was standing by, fingers wrapping around her signature dagger from her back pocket.

"Just come here and fight me, you freaking coward!" Taeyeon threw her arm down her fingers curling into a fist.

"Oh. It's not me that's going to be fighting with you." 

"I'll make sure of it! I'll smash you to freaking pieces!"

"You won't be saying that with the people I've brou-"

"I don't care who they are! I'll crush them and break you next!"

"Hm. You ignorant little girl. Let's show them, shall we?"

Two figures flew to Hyomin's side. They appeared as silhouttes. One was a girly figure, short in stature. Her hair appeared to be medium-length, held in short curls similar to Taeyeon's hair. 

The other figure made Taeyeon and Jessica uneasy. They had a more masculine appearance, although this person was shorter than the feminine figure, they were also much more muscular. This person had extremely short hair. 

Both of them were dressed in what appeared to be black, one-piece suits lined with some neon color. The girly one in blue, the masculine one in orange. Neither one of these people looked familiar to any member of the group, but they looked on with the upmost interest.

As they proceeded to walk forwards to be on the same latitude as Hyomin, the girls and Max tensed up, preparing themselves for combat.

Taeyeon and Jessica were the first to drop their weapons and guard.

The girl with the blue lined suit did not look familiar at all, though she had reminents of the features from Taeyeon's face. What concerned the group was the other figure. A girl, it seemed, with blonde hair styled in a pixie cut. As her features became more visible, tears began to form in the eyes of both Taeyeon and Jessica. 

Her eyes were different, and so was her hairstyle. But her features were the same. From her forehead to her pointed nose to her plump lips, this was the girl everyone sought so hard and long for. What made it tear-worthy was not the reunion. No-but the look on her face. She did not look like the shy, caring girl everyone knew her as. She was definately not the girl Taeyeon had been able to cuddle almost every night, especially during stormy nights when she was terrified of the loud noises. This girl was different. Her eyes were menacing and mean, cold and vicious. She was no longer a bunny but a cruel lioness. 

Lee Soonkyu... is that really you?

...

"Kill them all."


Hello my readers (: Thanks for being patient with this story. Finals are coming up, and I'm gonna die ): ugh, first day of finals and I've got four essays and 100 multiple choice question test to do... TT.TT but anyways, my problems aside, how are you doing? I hope everythings great where you are.

I've been wanting to write for so long! I miss it ): especially seeing the crazy lack of dandyu stories updating lately, I just had to update, no matter how busy I was. I hope this chapter does it for you. 

Anyways, I drew the picture for the chapter (: it's something I haven't done since "Come To Me," my first fanfic~ If I had the time, I wouldn't mind doing art for other stories by authors who want it ^-^ maybe late December during the breaks I'll take commissions. If you guys are interested, I can talk about art stuff in the future.

I think I got better, don't cha think? (:

Well, to finish this off, again, please comment! (: totally makes my day. I want to know your opinions and desires for this story! I know a lot of you wanted some YoonYul (and personally, I love them!) and considering it was Yuri's birthday a couple days ago (happy belated Yuricorn day!) I decided to add some relationship development. Thanks for your support! Until next time~