Pilot

Dependence

"Hahahaha!!!" A figure bolted down the street, running from her oppressors.

"You'll never catch me!" She screamed as she skillfully jumped a tall fence, causing the chasers to have to find another way around.

She grabbed the limb of a tree, swung her way up, and parkoured over the roofs of a few buildings. Piece of cake.

She eventually made it to the rooftop of the KBBQ house, her favorite part of town. There were a few chairs lying around most of the time, and you could enjoy the delicious smells of bulgogi and kalbi grilling throughout the day. Not to mention the great view of the city and clouds.

She sat down. "Ahhh... I could just sit here all day..."

"I don't think so."

She jumped out of her seat. She turned around to meet the disturbance

"B-boA Sunbaenim!" 

BoA stared down menacingly.

"KIM TAEYEON! JUST WHAT DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!"

"Ahhh!" Taeyeon covered her ears. 

"Uh, well you see... I was just, you know, sharpening my skills."

"You released frogs in Mr. Choi's bakery, spraypainted the side of the school, and drew all over Jessica's Top Student posters in the town's bulletin board. How was that related to your skills?"

Jung Jessica... that know-it-all. She deserved everything that I put out to her.

"Well did you see how I ran away from all the angry ajummas? I think I did very well."

"I don't find that funny, Miss Kim. You get your back to class now. You are to serve physical detention after school today."

"What? I'm an agent! You can't do that to me! I'm not just some middle school student!"

"How old are you, Miss Kim?"

"Seventeen..."

"That's almost a young adult. But you're still a kid. Everything you've done reflects that. Immaturity. Please. You need to get your act together. Now go. I'll see you after class."

Taeyeon got up, and made her way down the building. She gloomily made her way back to the SMAgency. 


Taeyeon sat in class, extremely bored.

When does this class get out again? I have a lot of pranking to do... Her stomach growled. Not to mention that I haven't eaten since yesterday... shouldn't have skipped eating breakfast...

The bell rang, signaling the end of the period and the start of lunch time. 

Taeyeon searched her bag. 

...

Crap! I forgot to pack a lunch! 

Taeyeon collapsed on her desk. "Ugh... great."

"Damn it..."

Taeyeon looked behind her. Jung Jessica herself was sitting there.

Oh, so it looks like the 'most responsible student' has forgotten her lunch too.

Taeyeon felt a breeze go by. She looked away from Jessica for a second, and when she turned back, she was surrounded.

The hell?

"Jessi, Jessi! I'll share my lunch with you!"

"No, no! Me! I'll happily give you my lunch! All of it!"

Jessica looked at each lunchbox. Cucumbers... they all have cucumbers...

"No thanks. You guys eat your lunches, you're gonna need the brainfood for the tests next period."

Jessica got up and walked outside.

"She's so noble!"

"And caring!"

"Kyaaaaaah!"

Taeyeon's facial expression changed. Stupid smooth talker... 


Tiffany was sitting on a tree limb. She was staring at the clouds, thinking of what she was going to do with her future.

Life can be so tough...

She took notice of the girl walking out the side exit of the school. 

She's wearing a uniform... so she's a student... she looks kind of like Jessica... She squinted her eyes. Gasp! That is Jessica! Why isn't she eating lunch? Jessica was holding her stomach. She must have forgotten to pack one.

Tiffany took her lunchbox out. No cucumbers in my lunch... assah!

You can do it Tiffany... just call her over. This is your chance!

"H-hey! Jessica!"

Jessica looked over to where to sound came from.

Hwang Stephanie... known as Tiffany to her friends... annoying.

"Over here!"

Jessica turned away, and started walking to her usual spot under the cherry blossom tree.

W-why is she walking away?

Tiffany jumped down, carring her pink box cutely. She scurried over to Jessica.

"Jessica!"

Jessica couldn't avoid her now. She turned around. 

"Yeah? What is it?" she asked in her cold tone.

Tiffany gulped. "Y-you forgot your lunch, right? I could share with you, if you'd like..." She opened the box and showed Jessica the contents. It was spaghetti. 

"Um... there aren't any cucumbers or anything. I heard you don't like them... and I also heard that you're from America too," This got Jessica's attention. "I'm American too." She spoke in English.

"Oh, nice to meet you. And no thanks... I'm not really that hungry." Jessica lied. She didn't want to show any weakness to a stranger. 

"Oh... I just thought that-" the sound of Jessica's stomach growling cut her off.

Damn it. 

Tiffany giggled. "I guess you are hungry. C'mon, let's eat." Tiffany lead Jessica over to the cherry blossom tree.

Well isn't she persistant... what a nuisance... 


Taeyeon sat in class, literally slamming her head on the desk. I'm. So. Hungry.

She looked over to see who she could possibly mooch off of.

Choi Sooyoung. Daughter of Mr. Choi, owner of the bakery down the street. She eats a ton. Not happening.

She turned to see who was sitting near the blackboard.

Im Yoona. Pretty, immature. A total choding. My type of friend. She eats just as much as Sooyoung, so... not happening either. 

"Sigh... I guess I'm not eating today..."

A squeal caught her attention. She looked at the cute little blonde girl, holding out her purple lunchbox in a rather uncomfortable fashion (like the Japanese girls who give letters to their crushes).

Uh... oh, that's right... Lee Soonkyu, niece of the person who owns the agency. Hmph. What could she possibly want from me? She's on a whole different level than me. 

"U-uh... I could tell that you w-were hungry... would you like my lunch?"

Taeyeon was rather shocked at the gesture. What? She's probably just teasing me. 

"Are you serious?"

Sunny quickly drew back. "O-oh... I just thought-"

"You're too kind. Thank you." Taeyeon took the little box from Sunny. It was full of dukkboki and kimbap.

She took a bite. "Wow, this is really good! Thank you so much. Did you make this yourself?"

Sunny bashfully looked away. She nodded.

"You have got to make me lunch from now on! Haha."

Sunny quizzically looked at Taeyeon. "Really? Because I can-"

"No, no. I'm kidding... you don't have to, unless, of course, you want to." Taeyeon gave Sunny a dorky smile. Sunny blushed. And when I say blushed, I mean-she blushed hard.

Taeyeon resumed eating, and remembered that Sunny was still standing. "Oh, Soonkyu, you want to sit down or-" Taeyeon saw that Sunny was no longer there. She's a strange one.


Sunny exited the classroom, palms sweating, heart beating. Agh! I'm so stupid... I shouldn't have talked to her... I-I should have just given her my lunch and left. She sat down on the floor. Why did I even try...? She sat on the floor. 

Just then, Yuri passed by. "Oh, hey! Soonkyu!"

"Yuri, please just call me Sunny."

Yuri paused.

"So Soonkyu, have you seen Jessica?"

Sunny gave Yuri a look.

"Yeah. She went outside."

"Thanks!"

Yuri exited the building quickly. She looked for Jessica and spotted her sitting with someone, sharing food.

Who is she sitting with? She squinted. Hwang Tiffany? Why I- The bell rang, signaling the end of the lunch period. I'll settle this later.


Yay! The start of a new story. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. More to come! I'm super excited for this story. Everything easily poured out, so I think writing this will be a fun experience. Please leave your feedback in the comments! I'd love to hear what you think of the first chapter. Until next time~