No Happiness

Mr. & Mrs. Choi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yoona’s POV

            Everyone seemed to be worried about me because I had come into contact with a deadly agent.  I don’t know why they were so worried to begin with.  If everyone from work had forgotten, I was also a deadly assassin.  I had skills that could kill another quickly and painfully.  I furrowed my eyes together as I continued to punch and kick the punching bag that hung from the ceiling.  The loud thumps were heard in the room as I grunted with each blow.  Sweat began to drip down my neck as I continued to land blows on the bag.

            “Someone seems angry,” I heard Jessica’s voice.

            Jessica was standing by the doorway with a blank expression on her face.  Her newly dyed blonde hair was up in a bun, and she was covered in sweat.  She was wearing a pair of black tights and a black shirt.  From the looks of it, she had just ended another person’s life.

            “You already know why, Sooyeon,” I narrowed my eyes at her.

            She crossed her arms against her chest, “You know I like the name Jessica better.  I sometimes forget that my Korean name is Sooyeon.  I would prefer to be called Jessica though.  I was born in America, and I like my American name better.”
            “Fine, Jessica,” I said with emphasis.

            I landed a high kick on the punching bag and then I gave up.  I was at the verge of tears because of that man.  It had been two whole weeks since I last saw him.  I never thought that my husband would be the man that made me go crazy. 

            “So what are you going to do?” Jessica asked me.

            I raised my eyebrow at her.  I sat down on the floor and lied down.  I stared at the ceiling of the room as I took another deep breath.  To my surprise, Jessica joined me and lied down next to me.  She rested her hands underneath her head and stared at the ceiling with me.

            “About what?” I questioned.

            “What are you going to do about Agent TOP?  He’s still your husband, Yoona.  You exchanged vows with him.  You promised till death do you part,” Jessica reminded her.

            That was so ironic.  I did promise till death did we part, but for all I know, he was the one that wished for my death.  I refused to show emotion, and I was used to it.  Nothing in my life ever went the way I wanted anyways.

            “I’ll pretend he was never my husband,” I swallowed, “If the firm asks, I’ll deny it.  I’ll send the divorce papers, and I’ll forget him forever.”

            Jessica sat up, “What if you come across him in a mission?”

            “I’ll act as if I never knew him,” I stated, “All is fair in love and war.  If he’s going to try to hurt me in the future, I’ll hurt him more.”

            “It’s hard to think that you’re willing to erase over four years of good memories,” Jessica sighed, “Hey, Yoong.  Remember the first time you met him?  The look on your face will never be something that I will forget.  I knew you were in love.  I think you knew he was the one for you.”

            My eyes slowly closed as the distant but clear memory touched my heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Look at her.  She’s a freak.”

            “She doesn’t have any friends at all.  What a loner.”

            “She could be pretty if she tried, but her personality turns off all men.”

            Yoona rolled her eyes and continued to read the book in front of her.  There were many other women talking about her, and they didn’t seem to care if Yoona could hear them.  She was the new student, and she didn’t really get along with anyone else.  She was posing as a university student because she was assigned to protect a spoiled heiress.  Unfortunately for Yoona, she had to enroll in classes to make it believable that she was a student.  She didn’t really know what to pick as a major, so she chose accounting since she was very good with numbers.  Of course, her skills exceeded that of a normal student trying to be an accountant.  She was so good with numbers that she was able to hack into various computers, systems, and government programs.

            People thought she was weird because she was quiet and calm.  She never went to parties or other social gatherings because she was so busy protecting her client.  What made it more difficult was that the heiress didn’t know that she needed protecting; Yoona had to be discreet and secretive.

            “Hello,” she heard a voice.

            She looked up from her book to see a man.  This man had an aura; his eyes were pure, his voice was deep, and his face was angelic.  Yoona was sure that he was being bullied just like her.  She was bullied because she refused to lower my standards in life like most of the women who slept around in the university that she attended.  This man was probably being bullied because…well, he looked like a nerd. 

            Yoona swallowed and looked at the man in front of her.  She looked like a geek, too, but not to his extent.  Yoona wore glasses, jeans, sneakers, and a jacket.  The man in front of her oozed with nerdiness.  He was tall, but he was wearing a pair of thick prescription glasses, a pair of black slacks, a white button up shirt, and a bowtie.

            “Where are your suspenders?” Yoona jokingly asked.

            He laughed at her joke and then cleared his throat.  Yoona had her hair up in a ponytail—something that most women tried to avoid. 

            “I seem to have left them in the dorm,” he laughed, “May I please sit?  The only vacant seats in this library are with the jocks.  I highly doubt that they’re even studying.  My name is Choi Seunghyun.  I’m a physics major.”

            Yoona nodded with understanding and shook his hand after he extended it out to her. 

            “My name is Yoona,” she stated with a grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~

            “That first meeting was all staged,” I cleared my throat, “I know it.”

            Jessica hugged me and leaned her head on my shoulder.  Tears began to form in my eyes as I thought of the situation I was in.  In front of the others, I acted strong, and the only time I was able to let it out was when I was with Jessica. 

            “Yoona, we need to worry about other things, too,” Jessica whispered, “What are we going to do when Leeteuk finds out the truth?”

            Jessica and Yoona’s phone then began to ring at the same time.  They had both received a text message from their boss.  As they read their messages, Yoona and Jessica gulped and then looked at each other with fright.

~~~~~~

            Yuri’s hands began to shake as she held her phone in her hand.  She couldn’t believe that she had just done it.  She was going to join Yoona in training, but she stopped once Jessica entered the room.  The two were talking discreetly with one another, and like a good spy, Yuri eavesdropped. 

            At that moment, Yoona and Jessica were talking about Yoona’s marriage with Agent TOP and Yoona’s plans on what to do with him.  Yuri checked her phone as she saw that the boss had sent out a message to everyone about an urgent meeting.  It had only been a few seconds after Yuri had texted Leeteuk about her new findings.

            Yuri sighed to herself.  She didn’t want to do that to Yoona, but she was loyal to the firm.  She put the firm above anything else, and even though Yoona had been her friend for too many years to count, Yuri felt as if Yoona had betrayed the firm by marrying the enemy.

___________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            My eyes were tired, and my head felt heavy.  I dragged my bare feet across the carpet and into the kitchen.  The kitchen tiles felt cold against my feet, but I ignored it.  I looked at the kitchen in my home.  Yoona absolutely loved cooking, and it was not a surprise that it was so large and advanced.  We had spent a lot of money for the kitchen because it made her happy.

            The aroma of the breakfast that my wife had just cooked filled the house as a smile appeared on my face.

            “Good morning, Tabi,” she smiled.

            I watched her set down a plate of the breakfast that she had just made in front of my regular seat.  I took a seat as she set down a newspaper for me to read.  I raised an eyebrow at her, but she just smiled at me sweetly.  At that moment, I heard a sound that I never thought I would hear.  I heard a high-pitched, annoying cry.

            I turned my head to the side to see a little baby on a high chair.  I didn’t know if it was a boy or girl, but it was crying and flailing its arms around.  I didn’t know why, but I was frightened.  Why the hell was there a baby there?

            “Seunghyun, I’m going to leave now,” Yoona said.

            My breathing grew heavy as I stood up from my seat.  She had a luggage by her side; why did I fail to see that earlier?  I was confused and tired.  I just didn’t know what the hell was going on.

            “You can keep full custody of the baby.  I know how much you love children,” she grinned.

            “What are you talking about?” I asked with impatience, “I hate babies!  When did we even have a baby?”

            Yoona shrugged at me, “Well, I signed the divorce papers, and I’m going to marry Simba.”

            “What?” I asked in frustration, “Simba?  What the hell?”

            Before I could stop her, I heard another familiar voice.  I turned to my side to see Jiyong in the kitchen.  He was dressed in his pajamas, and he was munching on the food that was laid out on the breakfast table.

            “Hyung, do you know what you need to do?” he asked me, “You need to wake up.”

~

            “You need to wake up!” Jiyong yelled at me.

            I found myself screaming at the top of my lungs.  My whole body was covered with sweat, and the sweat even penetrated through my shirt.  Jiyong was shaking my shoulders trying to wake me up from my nightmare that failed to make any sense.  He was dressed in the same pajamas that he was wearing in my dream.

            “Ji!” I gasped, “I don’t have a kid, right?”

            Jiyong looked at me with a blank expression and then laughed lou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter