Enemies Detected

Mr. & Mrs. Choi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two weeks later…

 

Seunghyun’s POV

            I was a bit confused with both of my lives.  The way of how I’d been living my life for the past few years was perfect.  At home, I had the loving wife that I had always wanted.  She was always there for me, but lately, it seemed as if she was distant.  All answers were short, and the conversations were dull and tedious.  I knew something was wrong with her, and I couldn’t even touch her heart.  She was blocking me out.  At work, I had the excitement of battling with the one of the greatest agents that I had ever seen in my life, but none of my missions involved her anymore.  It was as if that agent was avoiding me on purpose.

            I leaned back on the office chair as I looked at the computer screen.  The face of my new target was on the screen, but I was a bit preoccupied with everything else.  Did the masked angel die?  Maybe she got was she deserved and received a bullet through her heart.  Then I thought of my wife.  She seemed to be guilty about something, and I could not figure anything out.  What if she was cheating on me?  No, that couldn’t be possible!  She loved me, and I loved her.  I showed my love for her every single day. 

            That was when an image flashed in my mind.  I think she wanted a baby.  When we went grocery shopping, she was staring at a young couple pushing a stroller with a baby in it.  Did she want a baby?  If she wanted a baby, I honestly didn’t know what to do.  I was an assassin, and if I had a child, people would see that child as my weakness.

            Yuck.  I could not be a father.  Babies were just not for me.  I don’t want to deal with all the crying and diapers.  I would never be cut out to be a father.

            “What are you thinking of, weirdo?” Bom asked me.

            She walked in with an apple in her hand.  She sat down on a chair next to me as she looked at my computer screen.  I rolled my eyes at her.

            “I saved your life,” I reminded her.

            “Yes, that was part of your job.  I shouldn’t have to thank you for doing your job,” Bom insisted.

            I grunted mockingly, “Says the woman who brought her driver’s license with her to a mission.  I wonder why the masked angel has not killed you yet when she knows who you truly are.”

            Bom ran her fingers through her long red hair and shrugged her shoulders.

            “Maybe, she’s not a bad person,” Bom said, “Maybe she knows that just like everyone else out there, even assassins want to live normal lives.”

            I scoffed, “Whatever, noona.  She’s still evil.”

_______________________

3rd Person POV

            Yoona was sitting with a bunch of photo albums in front of her.  She had a steaming cup of tea by her side as her eyes began to scan the pictures that they had taken over the years.  She studied his face—his facial expressions in each photo. 

            He always had the same look on his face.  It was the look of love and happiness, but for all what Yoona could know, it all could be a charade.  What if he was faking it all and he knew whom she truly was?  No, that couldn’t be true; if he knew who she truly was, he would know that she knew and end her life the moment he knew that.

            Her stared intently at her wedding picture as her heart softened at the sight.  She was wearing a white dress.  She had no father to walk her down the aisle, but it was okay because she was on her way to the man of her dreams.  She was wearing a beautiful white gown that she had found in a little bridal shop in downtown Seoul, and Seunghyun was wearing a black suit with a black bowtie.  He had his glasses on because he claimed that he needed his vision to be perfect to see his beautiful bride.  Yoona gulped; he probably didn’t even need glasses.  It was all part of his image that he wanted to portray.  He used her just like how she used him.  She needed a cover, but she ended up falling deeply in love with him.  She wasn’t sure if he was the same with her or if she was merely a cover up.

            “Why are you looking at the photo albums?” she heard a soft voice.

            She had to admit that she liked his deep, y voice better.  It was just too bad that he only used that voice when he was Agent TOP.  It also didn’t help that he would only use that voice when he would threaten her with his big guns and weapons.

            She answered slowly, “I just…I wanted to reminisce the good old times.”

            Seunghyun looked at the expression on her face and then rested his hands on his hips.  Something was wrong with her, and he was so confused with her recent behavior.  She seemed to be so unnatural in front of him.

            “Yoona, what do you want?” he suddenly asked, “If you can have whatever you wished, what would you wish for?”

            She rested her finger on her chin as she began to think.

            “I would wish that our careers didn’t conflict with each other,” she answered, “I just want to be with you more.”

            Her phone began to ring loudly as she smiled at her husband.  She picked up her phone and read whom it was from.

            “I’ll be right back,” Yoona stated with a sense of urgency.

            Seunghyun looked at his wife hurryingly walking away with the phone pressed against her ear.  What had her behavior changed over the past few weeks?  She was hiding something, and Seunghyun needed to find out.  He refused to believe that she was cheating on him.  It could not be possible.  They had been together for four long years.  They were so good together.

            “I just can’t right now.  I’ll see you tomorrow.”

            That was when all suspicion arose in Seunghyun’s mind.  What can’t she do right now?  Who was she going to see tomorrow?  Questions began to run through his mind as he tried to figure it out.  Maybe she was cheating, and that was why she was acting so peculiar.

            The thought of Yoona with another man made his blood boil.  If it was true, Seunghyun had already vowed to kill whoever that man was with his bare hands.

___________________________

            “I can’t believe that the lab is closed for today,” Yoona stated as she wrapped her coat around her body. 

            Yoona was dressed in a pair of black slacks and a white shirt—as if she was ready for a long day in the office.  Seunghyun, on the other hand, was still dressed in his pajamas.  He was holding a mug of black coffee in his hand as his wife gave him a small grin.  Like yesterday and the day before that, the smile on her face was not the same.  She definitely was hiding something from him, and he needed to find out what it was.

            “Yeah, it’s the boss’s wife’s birthday, so he kind of closed down the lab.  It gave the rest of the staff a little time for relaxing,” Seunghyun stated, “Are you sure that you can’t take a day off, too?  I wanted to spend the whole day with you.”

            Yoona swallowed, “Jagi, I can’t.  It’s a big day at work today.”

            Yeah, sure!  What if she really had the day off, but she would rather spend her day with another man?  Seunghyun’s jaw clenched as he imagined Yoona kissing another man.  He took a deep breath.  He could not do anything unless he knew for sure.

            “See you after work,” Yoona waved.

            Hmph.  She didn’t reach for a goodbye kiss like she normally did.  He took initiative and kissed her straight on the lips.  Through the kiss, he felt her flinch at the touch.  He pulled away to see that she was avoiding eye contact with him.  She gave another weak smile and then made her leave.

~~~~~~~

            Both were oblivious to the fact that both Yoona and Seunghyun had secret wardrobes that were covered with ordinary looking wardrobes.  Seunghyun was in his own secret closet, as he looked at all his weapons.  Guns and knives were his favorite.  He took a large knife and began to play with it carelessly as he began to look at the rest of his weapons.

            “If another man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter