Going, Going, Gone

Mr. & Mrs. Choi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

            Yoona already knew for a fact that her husband had discovered her true identity.  He had just called her saying that he was going to be home late because of a few experiments that had gone wrong.  His tone was different, and she knew that had figured it all out.  She was a master in figuring out a person’s emotions just by reading body language and by analyzing their tone in voice.

She was so clumsy.  Why did she let that mask get loose?  It was already 11 pm, and Jessica and Yoona had decided to get dinner on their own because of how late they both had to “work”. 

            “What the heck, Yoona?” Jessica asked, “How can you keep this away from me?”

            Jessica and Yuri were Yoona’s best friends in the firm, but at the moment, she wasn’t sure if she should tell Yuri about anything.  Yuri loved working at the firm, and she was too loyal to the system.  Yoona wasn’t sure if Yuri would rat her out for marrying an agent from a rival firm.  Jessica, on the other hand, had never broken a promise, so Yoona decided to tell her.  The two women were both enjoying a hot cup of coffee as they discussed the events.

            “I just didn’t know what to do,” Yoona cried out, “I love him, and I don’t know what my next move is.  I was planning on leaving the country with him and never coming back, but he found out who I was!  My plans are ruined.  I even withdrew $500,000 from my account a few weeks back to get away from this hellhole.  You won’t tell on me, right?”

            Jessica scoffed at the statement and then gave a loud laugh.

            “Are you kidding me?  You’re my best friend, Choi Yoona,” she rolled her eyes, “Not even all the money in this world can make me betray you.”

            “Thank you,” Yoona smiled.

            Jessica asked, “What’s your next move?”

            “I don’t know,” Yoona admitted, “Seunghyun is going to expect me at home in an hour or so.  What if I can’t handle it?  I love him, and I don’t want to kill him.”

            Jessica pushed her blonde hair behind her ear and then coughed.  She was intelligent, and she was considered to be heartless, but to Yoona, she was a good friend.

            “Yoona…what if this was part of his plan?” Jessica asked.

            “What?” Yoona asked.

            Jessica pointed out, “What are the chances of you marrying an assassin—especially an assassin from a rival firm?  It’s really really low!  What if this is a way of taking you down?  It could be a four year operation that YG had been brewing up!”

            “That can’t be,” Yoona denied.

            “I’m just stating the facts,” Jessica sighed, “What if it’s true?  How can you be so sure that he wasn’t planning this?”

            Yoona spluttered, “Because he loves me!  If this was all planned, the love wouldn’t be there, but I felt all the love this man could offer.  I know that this man loves me.”

            Jessica frowned at her best friend.  She pressed her lips together and patted Yoona on her shoulder.

            “I just want you to be very cautious when you go home,” Jessica warned, “You may love him, but there’s always the possibility that he’ll hurt you.  He might even kill you if you keep your guard down because of love.  You may think that he loves you, but I’ve been told on how cunning he is. In your eyes, he’s Choi Seunghyun, but he’s also Agent TOP.  Remember that, my dear friend.”

______________________

            Seunghyun walked into the house—the home that he had shared with his wife.  This all had to be a charade.  He didn’t have any weaknesses except her.  Who would have ever thought that the woman who had given him strength over the past years was the woman that was trying to break him down? 

            She was more intelligent than he thought.  She had s her way into his heart, and she made herself his weakness.  She must have been planning this for years.  Seunghyun stuffed two guns into his coat pocket as he silently made his way up the stairs into the bedroom.

            He slowly opened the wooden door to see that Yoona was wearing a robe.  She was sitting on a chair in front of her vanity table as she brushed her damp hair.  She saw him enter the room by looking at the mirror.  She quickly turned around and gave her husband a faint smile.

            “Hi,” she simply greeted.

            “Hey,” he replied.

            The silence after their greetings was even more awkward.  Seunghyun took a deep breath while Yoona put down the brush and stood up from her seat.  She folded her hands behind her back, and Seunghyun quickly assumed that she had a weapon concealed behind her back.  He grew tensed as he tried to study his wife.  She was just…normal.  She had a smile on her face. 

            She took a step forward, and he remained as still as a statue.  Seunghyun took an even better look at her.  Her long hair was down, and her face was bare.  Her robe was short and reached down to her mid thigh, and she was barefoot.  Seunghyun, on the other hand, was still in a pair of jeans and a sweater with a pair of sneakers on. 

            He looked to the side to see that she had a bouquet of flowers on the dresser.  It was in a clear vase that was filled with water.  Yoona must have picked them earlier because of how fresh and colorful the flowers looked.

            He moved his arm to the side, acting as if he was going to take off his coat.  In the process, he knocked down the vase full of flowers with his elbow.  Yoona frowned as she watched the flowers fall to the grown.  The loud clash of the vase breaking also bothered Yoona.

            “I’ll fix it,” she stated.

            “No, honey,” he insisted, “I’ll clean it up!”

            Without another word, the two assassins disappeared from each other’s sight.  Yoona entered the bathroom and took the shotgun that she had hid in the shower right when she got home.  She cocked it and got into position. 

            “Babe!  You there?” she yelled out.

            There wasn’t a single reply.  Instead, she heard a gunshot.  She quickly hid behind a wall after hearing that distinct snicker.  He was no longer the man she had married.  He was now the assassin.  At that moment, all the hope of him loving her despite being an agent went down the drain.  It was clear that he was out to kill her, and there was no turning back.

            “Honey, we’re not supposed to keep secrets from each other!” he shouted.

            Yoona found a small smile on her face.  That was the only way to stop her tears—by smiling.  She may have hid the fact that she was a skilled assassin for the past few years, but so did he.  He was just being a hypocrite.

            “You, too,” Yoona called out.

            She took a small mirror from the drawer in the bathroom and then used it to look at where Seunghyun was.  He was hiding at the corner of the hallway as he began to reload his gun.  Yoona swiftly made her way towards the doorway to the bathroom and fired a shot at her husband.  She was still infuriated that he had made the first shot against her.

            “You could had really hurt me,” he hollered.

            Yoona gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter