Pain in Hand

Mr. & Mrs. Choi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Note:  So, I told my friend, jessicajessica, to read this before I posted it, and she kind of suggested the last part, so beware.  The last part does have an obvious ual reference.

 

                  Hwang Kwanghee and Sunhwa were Yoona and Seunghyun’s neighbors.  They had been married for over two years, and they thought that Yoona and Seunghyun were the perfect couple.  Seunghyun and Yoona were so perfect that they were boring.  They never did anything spontaneous, and they had a schedule that the two faithfully abided by. 

                  Kwanghee was a photographer, and Sunhwa was a painter, so the two were practically free-spirited and carefree.  To them, Yoona and Seunghyun were just the average, boring married couple.  Yoona was just an uninteresting accountant that had a thing for numbers, and Seunghyun was just a physicist that found matter and motion through space exciting.

                  Sunhwa brought in the turkey that Yoona had taught her to make.  Kwanghee his lips as Sunhwa served him.  Yoona watched them carefully as Seunghyun kept silent.  They seemed to be the same, but they were just different.  Kwanghee and Sunhwa were all about excitement and the thrill.  Yoona and Seunghyun never really did anything exciting like them.

_____________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

                  “Dude, look!” Kwanghee threw a vase at him.

                  Because I had quick instincts, I caught the vase being thrown at me without even giving it a glimpse.  Kwanghee stuffed his hands in his pockets and then he pointed at me with a smile on his face.

                  “It’s great you have good instincts,” he commented.

                  I observed the vase in front of me and tilted my head to the side.

                  “I got that vase from a tribe in Africa,” Kwanghee bragged, “They gave it to me because I beat the chief of the tribe in a wrestling match.  I can’t even pronounce the name of the tribe.”

                  The vase that I held in my hand seemed light and…factory made.  It didn’t feel like it was made by hand.  It looked like a vase that he had bought in a souvenir shop during his stay in Africa.  I doubt that Kwanghee even wrested with a tribe chief for that vase. 

                  “That’s cool,” I murmured.

                  Kwanghee went on to brag about all of his belongings.  He showed me his 60-inch flat screen television and his three game consoles.  That was nothing compared to what I had at home.  In my closet, I had watches that functioned the same way as computers.  I had glasses that had infrared cameras.  I had pens that shot out lasers so powerful that it could cut through steel.

                  “Yeah, it’s pretty cool,” he smirked, “The only reason why Sunhwa let me buy it was because I let her buy a pair of Louis Vuitton shoes and a handbag.  We always argue.  Are you and Yoona like that, too?”

                  I scratched the back of my head.  I don’t remember the last time I had fought with Yoona.  Was that even normal?  I never looked for a fight, and she was the same way with me.  I hated fights because it gave me a sense of insecurity.  I always thought that if I fought with Yoona, it would give her more of a reason to leave me if she ever found out who I truly was.  It also didn’t help that I was head over heels for her.  I was an agent, and all the agents that I knew either married another agent in the same firm or stayed single forever.  Assassins were never supposed to marry normal people, but I fell for her, and I could not keep away.

                  “No, we don’t fight much,” I admitted.

________________________________

Yoona’s POV

                  Sunhwa and I were enjoying a cup of green tea as our husbands went to the living room to talk about their technology and such.  I pushed my hair behind my ear and sipped the hot tea.  Sunhwa was talking on and on about her husband.  I knew how important Kwanghee was to Sunhwa just by looking at her face when she talked about him.  That was how I felt about Seunghyun.  I loved him so dearly that it sometimes hurt.  I had thought about quitting many times, but I knew I couldn’t do it.  The only way out was retirement.  If I quit, the boss would make life a living hell for me.  Most importantly, he would hurt my husband.

                  My boss never said it himself, but I knew that he would use my husband as collateral.  As long as I worked for him, my husband would not be hurt.  I could not think of anyone harming my husband.  He was a freaking genius.  All he did was study physics and work on various experiments.  I had to admit it—my husband was a nerd, but I loved him so much that I even considered that trait of his to be hot.

                  “Yoona, you will not believe how hot our life is,” Sunhwa grinned, “I thought marriage would make it a bit boring, but no, no, no.  Kwanghee…he’s just…wow.”

                  “Really?” I asked, “He seems to be a little feminine.”

                  Sunhwa giggled, “Oh, he is feminine.  He’s more into his image than me, but in bed, he’s a freaking god.  How about Seunghyun?  I’m sure he delivers.”

                  I froze, as my eyes grew wide.  No one has ever asked about my life with my husband.  I had to admit that my life with him was okay.  I always felt as if he could do more, but he was…afraid to do more.  I didn’t know if it was understandable, but that was how I felt.  He didn’t want to try anything different because in my opinion, he thought I was fragile and pure.  If only he knew how much blood has been shed on my hands, he would change his mind.  He would probably also become very afraid of me because I am not the innocent wife he thought he had.

                  “Yeah,” I smiled.

                  That was one big lie.  I didn’t want to make it seem as if I was unsatisfied with my life with my husband, but he was holding back, and I knew it. 

_____________________________

3rd Person POV

                  Yoona sat on a cushioned chair in front of the vanity table in her bedroom.  Seunghyun was lying down on the bed with another physics book in his hands.  With his glasses on, he concentrated on the content that he was reading.    She was brushing her hair before she went to sleep.  She looked at the mirror to see how concentrated her husband looked.

                  She had a mission to complete in the morning, and she lied to him saying that she was going to attend a conference for the company’s finances.  She felt guilty for lying to him all the time, but that was the only way she thought she could protect him.

                  “Is there something wrong?” he suddenly asked her.

                  Yoona flinched a little after abruptly hearing his voice.  She turned around and gave a faint smile.

                  “Nothing,” she assured him, “I was just thinking about earlier…when we spent dinner with Kwanghee and Sunhwa.  They’re really…something.”

                  Seunghyun put down his book and sat up.  He knew that Sunhwa had said something that had made Yoona extremely jealous.  Seunghyun wasn’t very envious of Kwanghee.  Seunghyun thought Yoona beat out Sunhwa by a landslide, and he wasn’t a bit impressed with Kwanghee’s electronic systems.

                  “What’s wrong?” he asked her.

                  He walked up to her, and she quickly stood up.  She stared at herself in the mirror as he hugged her from behind.  He planted soft kisses on her shoulder blades as she weakly smiled.

                  “Nothing, I just wished that we had more time for each other,” she admitted, “We’re both so busy with work.  It’s kind of annoying.”

                  He rested his chin on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her waist.  Her lips formed an even bigger smile as a giggled escaped from her lips.

                  “I promise we’ll spend time together,” he vowed, “We need to talk to both of our bosses so we can have a week off or something.  I’ll take you anywhere you want to go.  Just name it, and we’ll go to that place for a week.”

________________________________________

                  Yoona had a bleak expression on her face as she placed her gun in her garter. She was wearing a blood red dress that went down to her ankles.  On her left side was a long slit that showed off her perfect legs.  Her hair was long and straight.  Her makeup was flawless; her dark red lipstick enhanced her beauty even more.

                  “Here are your gadgets,” Taeyeon informed her.

                  Taeyeon handed her a ring, bracelet, and a hairpin.  Yoona put on the objects as Taeyeon began to explain what the gadgets did.

                  “If you remove the ruby on the ring, it exposes a very sharp needle.  Just punch your opponent, and they’re out in less than three seconds.  The bracelet shoots out a very sturdy, thin rope.  If you need to escape, use it.  It has a hook at the end, so make sure you hook it onto a robust place before you swing on it.  The hairpin is…a grenade,” Taeyeon revealed.

                  Yoona gasped, “You want me to wear a grenade on my head?”

                  “Well, it is very compact, and it only activates if you twist and pull the gem on it.  Make sure to be clear 10 seconds after you activate it.  That’s the time of explosion,” Taeyeon reminded her.

                  “I heard you,” Yoona nodded, “Thanks, Tae.”

                  “Just be careful,” Taeyeon advised, “I heard that Agent Jenny is even better than Agent CL.”

                  Yoona grinned, “I’m sure I can manage.”

                  “Yeah,” Taeyeon laughed, “You are the best field agent I know.”

__________________________

                  Yoona picked up a champagne glass as she walked through the crowd.  She tried her best to blend in with the crowd, but she noticed that everyone had their eyes on her.  She politely smiled at them as everyone shyly looked away from her.

                  The first thing she needed to do was find Jenny.  Yoona put on her masquerade mask and began to look around the place.  She saw her main target.  It was Julien Kang.  He was a business mogul that made money from computers and technology.  Rumor had it that he was trying to initiate a nuclear war so that his products would be in demand. 

                  Yoona couldn’t fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter