004

Transient

"Simple & Sweet"

    ★ 

 

     Himchan sighs as he watched the wind dance along the outside from his window. He gazed as the soft blows from the air made the trees shake just a bit to go noticed or how the flowers would occasionally sway to the direction of the wind. Days like this make him hopeful. He loved how the flowers just stay put despite the efforts of the air unintentionally trying to dismantle the petals away from it. He thought about his own life and how it is on par with the flowers. The sickness make try to throw him off, but still, here he is, fighting it. He has no intention of leaving just yet, after all there is a list waiting for him to be completed.

 

     His mind slowly trails off to the thought of how much time he has left. It’s been two days since the dreadful news.

 

     “Three hundred sixty-three days, huh.” He murmured to nobody in particular as his cool fingers touch the glass of the window. Himchan hesitantly leaned on the glass until it was about an inch or two away from his face. He drew a breath enough to create a hazy cloud on the window. The young man his lower lip in, and drew a smiley face on the cloud that was formed by his breath.

 

     “I want to be happy..in those three hundred sixty-three days I have left.” A faint grin displayed on his face whilst the image of the smiley face was fading away as seconds pass by. The boy thoughts, however was interrupted by soft knocking on the door. It was his parents.

 

     “Ready to go home, lad?” His father chimed in as the old man walked his way further in Himchan’s hospital room his mother just a few steps behind. Dr. Jung has announced that Himchan could stay home about a day and a half after the news. Here’s the thing. If Himchan wasn’t rotting in the hospital, then he was probably locked at home, up in his room, a longing gaze always expectantly staring out the window.

 

     The man grabbed his favorite sweater and the tucked his list deep into his pants pocket. He nodded and started to walk away from the room he stayed in for weeks.

 

     The ride home was quiet, well, it was full of conversations, but it was the usual things that they would talk about. Himchan’s was starting to turn deaf because he admits he’s tired of hearing the same old ‘You’ll get better’, ‘Maybe you need to take care of yourself more’, ‘Sometimes we just have to learn to accept that we’re different from the rest.’ And the most dreaded: “Don’t worry, you’ll have fun at home.”

 

     As his father parked in front of the house, Himchan dashed to the door of his house and mentally slapping himself because he doesn’t have the keys. He waited for his mother to turn the key in the lock and the moment his ears heard the certain click, he ran up to his room. He was tired. Tired of everything, in general.

 

     “Honey! Aren’t you hungry?” His mom called out the moment Himchan was just one step away from his room. “No! I’ll be fine. I’ll take…a nap.” He lied. He would just probably push in a Nicholas Sparks flick and drown himself in tears. To his parents, this was what Himchan’s definition of fun: Movie marathon again and again and again. Inasmuch as he wanted to go out, the automatic answer from his parents would be a solid no and if that’s the case, then he should just probably burn his ‘List of things to do before I die’. He has put a lot of though into it the past two days he was in solitude in the four walls of his hospital room. The young brunet took into consideration that he was dying and that his parents wouldn’t want him to fall into any unexpected danger. At the back of the list of things he wanted to do, there was a whole new different list.  List of why I will never be able to do those things

 

  1. My parents are control freaks. I love them, but they love me too much that the thought of me slipping cause a rock is hell.
  2. I’m scared. I don’t think the knowledge I’ve attained from dramas and movies will get me far.
  3. I have..a few no friends, really..to share this experience with.
  4. Some of the things I listed are near to impossible. See the Eiffel tower? Really? Will I be able to do that? -_-
  5. Did I put my parents are overprotective?

 

     The list went on and on and Himchan just plopped on his own bed, limbs sprawled all over the place.

 

     “Guess I’m going to die like this.” He looked to his side and caught the sight of his neglected laptop. He could tell that he hasn’t used it because of the thin layer of dust that has accumulated on the top. He lazily grabbed the item and blew the dust off the surface.  He smiled as he opened the laptop. It’s been a while since he’s checked on all of his accounts, news websites, and drama uploads. He quickly leaned his back against the wall comfortably, the device resting on his lap securely. Himchan opened the web browser and opened his Facebook account.

 

     Now, he doesn’t really know why he opened one. Maybe he was just fascinated by the people whom he has seen on television and was highly amused by it. He never really uses it, since no one would really care for a person like him. I mean, who in the world knows him anyways? All he has are three pictures of himself, two pictures of a scene from Snow Kissed Summer, and fifty friends, in which seventy percent are more or less just strangers to him.

 

     The page loaded and he was greeted with ten new friend request, and two notifications. Wow. He clicked on the rare two notifications and groaned because both wer just a game invite from some random person that he added as a friend. He rolled his eyes as his mouse cursor made it’s way to the friend request. Well, if it isn’t another wave of people he did not know.

 

     “Choi Minho? Not now. Yang Yeoseob? Not now. Jay Park? Not now. Kwon Yuri? Not now.” He said to himself as he was scanning through the strangers who were adding him until he was only left with two people’s request.  He happily accepted the ninth person. It was the young student who took care of him in those past few weeks. Moon Jongup.  But when it came to the tenth request, he found himself clicking on the person’s name and checking out his profile for a good measure.

 

     Bang Yongguk.

 

     Curiosity got the best of the lad in front of the computer screen, and he clicked at the profile pictures, to his enjoyment wasn’t set on private. It was definitely the guy who mistakenly went into his room about two or three days ago. He recognizes the gummy smile and the broad shoulders of the man. His display picture was in front of an ice cream stall and the man had his hands to a peace sign and his lips were curled up to a nice curve. Himchan clicked on the next button and saw an endearing photo. It was Yongguk with a freakishly tall male. It was clearly evident that the former had his foot on tiptoe just to place his hands behind the other male’s head to give him bunny ears.

 

     “Cute.” Himchan said unconsciously, and scoffed as he realized what he had just said. He clicked confirm to the friend request and began to open a new tab for drama watching. As he was browsing through different titles of drama a flashing ‘Bang Yongguk messaged You’ blinked in the other tab, to which Himchan was obliged to click.

 

Yongguk: Hey! You finally accepted! Hehe, Sup?

 

     Himchan cocked his head to the side. He has never really chatted with anyone on Facebook, but since he was bored and there were no dramas to watch [Well, he convinced himself there is none so that he’ll have to talk to Yongguk instead]

 

Himchan: Uhh, Nothing Much. ^^

Yongguk: Are you serious? Haha.. I actually didn’t think you’d have an FB account..lol.

Himchan: How did you find me though? o__o You stalker!!

Yongguk: Hey! I thought we were friends? xD Don’t friends add each other on stuff like this?

Himchan: I guess lol

Yongguk: Haha, this would probably give me the stalker title again but.. where were you today?

Himchan: What do you meeean? :o I’m just chilling..here..in my old room >_<;

Yongguk: That’s why!! I was gonna visit you, Yanamsayin? But you ain’t there.. I SAW AN OLD GUY IN THE ROOM AND I WONDERED IF THAT WAS YOUR SICKNESS ACTING UP HAHA!!

 

Himchan laughed to himself. This Yongguk guy was very entertaining to chat with. He gulped as he started to type a reply.

 

Himchan: Hmm? Why were you gonna visit me? :O Did you miss me that much? :>

Yongguk: Pfft, you’re so vain. Well, I visited Junhong then I remembered you! So I thought ‘Hey, why not scare him again?’ :P

Himchan: YOU’RE THE WORST YOU KNOW THAT!

Yongguk: Hey, I was just kidding! xD I just wanted to talk to you..Cause it’s fun. Yanamsayin?

Himchan: No, idk what ‘yersayin’.

Yongguk: Soo..Whatchu doin’ now? :D

Himchan: I was gonna watch The Notebook for the nth time but..Haha, you chatted with me. XD

Yongguk: Pfft! Here watch this!

 

Himchan was amused at this guy’s energy. Well, he didn’t really think that they would ever have a chance to meet or talk again, but the mere fact that it took a little effort from Yongguk to find him here was touching. And also, the thought of the man actually taking time to try and visit him made a blush creep to his cheeks. He remembered Yongguk gave him a link and he instantly clicked on it, not wanting the conversation to end. He waited for the page to load, all of a sudden, screams were blasted off the speakers and a scary face appeared on the screen which made Himchan’s heart do a thousand summersaults in a second. He tried to exit it whilst covering his vision with his free hand just so he won’t see the haunting image.

 

Yongguk: Did you like the surprise? >:DDD

Himchan: YOU ARE THE WORST I SWEAR I HATE YOU SO MUCH

I TRUSTED YOU

WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS

YONGGUK

ASDFGHJKLSKDJHFGJDK I HATE YOU

Yongguk: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I BET YOU SCREAMED LIKE A GIRL!! XD

Himchan: …..

Yonguuk: Hey! XD It was funny, wasn’t it.

Himchan: …..

Yongguk: Hey.. I’m sorry. L

Himchan …

Yongguk: I’M SO SORRY I DIDN’T KNOW YOU’RE SCARED OF THAT

Himchan: -__- ,,|,,

Yongguk: Awww, c’mon! I said I’m sorry~ <3

 

Himchan was enjoying teasing Yongguk. Of course it scared him, but seeing how his friend was persuading him to forgive the devious acts that he did was priceless. Himchan went one with vague responds that consist mostly of periods, a certain message from the other made his eyes light up.

 

Yongguk: Hey! I’m really sorry! :o What can I do to make it up to you? Ice Cream? Do you want to hangout for ice cream tomorrow? 

Himchan: Only if you’re paying :>

Yongguk: YOU ARE SO SLY I SWEAR. Fine. Alright! :D 3PM at Hongdae? Baskin Robbins? :> My treat~

 

     Himchan smile was short-lived when he remembered the over-protectiveness of his parents. How could he convince them that he’ll be safe with some guy he only met once?

 

Himchan: Ahh…I can’t. ; ~ ;

Yongguk: WHY?! FREE ICE CREAM AND YOU CAN’T GO?! D:

Himchan: Parents. Over-protectiveness. Life. Dying. . 

Yonguuk: Hmm…what time do they get off from work?

Himchan: Why? Are you a stalker or something? 0_0

Yongguk: Just tell meeeee!

Himchan: They work from nine to five. But they don’t get home till 7. I swear, you’re a creeper. :P

Yongguk: You don’t need to tell them~ :>

Himchan: What?

Yongguk: Let’s hangout! From…1-4. Then I’ll make sure you get home by 7. ;)

Himchan: I can’t do that!

YOU ARE A BAD INFLUENCE

BANG

YONGGUK

SDFGHJKL

Yongguk: FREE ICE CREAM

Himchan: No.

Yongguk: FREE ICE CREAM AND A DRAMA DVD

Himchan: No.

 

     Himchan couldn’t lie to his parents. As much as he wanted to go out, and as much as the offer sounds delicious, he had to say no under any circumstances. His mind trailed off. What if this is exactly what he needs? A new adventure. Maybe this is life’s way of telling him he needs to be bolder. He is now reminded of what he told himself in the hospital earlier. He just wants happiness to flood within every fiber of his being in the last three hundred and sixty three days that he has left.

 

Yongguk: FREE ICE CREAM AND A DRAMA DVD PLUS…A SWEATER FROM HONGDAE! :>

Hohohohoho~

Himchan: FINE

FINE

Ohgod, I can’t believe I’m doing this~ D:

Yongguk: Hey I got to go! You better NOT bail on me. :C I WILL UNFRIEND

YOU IF YOU DO lol

Remember. Baskin Robbins. Hongdae. One. I’ll take care of you!

 

     Yongguk logged out.

 

     Himchan is smiling from ear to ear.

 

     Tomorrow is going to be grand.

 

     He looked at the paper that was tossed on the side of his bed and smoothly run hs finger on it. He got an old journal that had been lying in his bedside drawer and started to rewrite everything. It was as if a spark ignited the dying embers of hope inside Himchan’s heart.

 

     And Yongguk was the one who kept it aflame.

 


 

 

Author's Thoughts:

Hey! Hope you guys like the update! :D

Don't forget to comment & sub~

Sorry it took long & Sorry if this is a ty update. .-. I tried my best ; ~;

^^

Thank you for reading!

<3