002

Transient

All he can do was hope

     Yongguk drummed his fingers impatiently against his lap as he was staring at Junhong’s doctor, who was scanning through the younger’s records. He heard a few hums before the doctor looked up and pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

 

     “Ah, Yongguk-ssi, are you ready?” Dr. Yoo briefed him for what he was about to discuss, and in return the other just nodded and heaved a heavy breath. All he wants to hear from the man is that Junhong will be okay, and the disease that eats Junhong up everyday was just temporary. Though Yongguk thought that it was near to impossible, all he could do was cling on to something so fragile. Hope.

 

     He hopes that Junhong will be well and will stay that way, because the simple thought of the younger suffering makes Yongguk’s heart wrench unbelievably. Dr. Yoo cleared his throat and sighed.

 

     That can’t be good.

 

     “Yongguk-sii, you know that Junhong is more vulnerable to the disease because he’s very young...” Dr. Yoo started and Yongguk felt his heart drop.

 

     That can’t be good.

 

     “..through the past few days of observing Junhong, we’ve noticed something that needs to be informed and relayed to the guardian..” The other man continued, and Yongguk gulped, almost at the edge of his seat, his elbows already resting on the doctor’s table.

 

     That can’t be good. Not at all.

 

     “Yongguk-ssi, I don’t know how you’ll take this but,” Dr. Yoo paused and eyed his intently. Yongguk could feel his palms sweating and his heart racing a million beats. His hand curled into a ball as an attempt to ease himself from the tension. He was in a state between fainting and screaming. Yongguk’s breath started to go unevenly.

 

     “,Junhong’s body is surprisingly responding well to the new medicine that he’s been taking. We suggest to keep him here for a little longer, though we can’t assure you full recovery, we can say that he’ll definitely get better and he’ll be able to be discharged in a few months time.” Dr. Yoo said in a casualy manner, hands clasped together.

 

     Tears. Yongguk felt tears fall.

 

     Happiness. He felt Happiness eat him up.

 

     He never felt this thankful in his life ever. He wiped the tears with the back of his hand and gave out an embarrassed laugh in front of the doctor.

 

     “Thank you..thank you..so much.” Yongguk did his best to keep his voice steady, and the doctor just flashed his a friendly grin and Yongguk did the same. He stood up and bowed his head curtly to the other man. As he was exiting the office, he couldn’t wait to tell Junhong the great news.

 

     Yongguk never really realized how big the hospital was until he got lost trying to find Junhong’s room. He used to memorize the way to his old room, but the young boy has been transferred way too many times for Yongguk to remember. He glanced at his watch and it read ten forty in the evening. Though Yongguk knew that the younger would be asleep, he was still persistent to see him before leaving the hospital.

ⓉⒷⒸ

 


Author's Thoughts:

I swear, this is a banghim fic. I just can't help but put slight!banglo. ; A ;