Drama Club

More Than a Dream/꿈보다

"Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" sang Bomi, "Deny thy father, and refuse thy name!"

Eunkwang and Bomi were cast as Romeo and Juliet out of all the drama club members, as they all planned to perform Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet for an evening. They both had singing voices to match, and were both the lead vocalists of their own groups when participating in the singing contest. Hyunseung was Benvolio whilst Yoseob was Mercutio, Sunggyu was Tybalt, Eunji was Lady Capulet, and many more students were cast for their roles.

The rehearsals all went well until eventually they reached the tragic ending.

"Eyes, look your last! Arms, take your last embrace......thus with a kiss I die." Eunkwang sang as he drank the juice from a uncapped glass flask, used as a prop for the poison.

Bomi as Juliet eventually woke up, and the scene continued as she kissed Eunkwang on the lips.

"Thy lips are warm!"

She took out the dagger from the belt of Eunkwang's waistcoat and raised it high.

"O happy dagger, this is thy sheath......there rust....."

She slipped the dagger in between her side and arm, creating an illusion of stabbing.

"......and let me die."

As soon as the rehearsal was over, the drama teacher applauded for them all.

"That was amazing!" she said, "You all have worked so hard. Now as actors it is your job to promote this. The play is on Friday, and that's not long ahead, so make sure you invite as many of your friends to the play as soon as possible, so that you have a community to support you. The tickets will also be going on sale outside the gym, so several of you will have to take turns to sell the tickets, as the money not only goes to the equipment we use, but also in credit of your hard work as well as humanitarian aid projects that this school supports. The cost for a ticket is 15000 won. Can you all do this?"

"Yes."

 

Eunkwang walked out with Bomi.

"That was awesome!" said Bomi.

"I totally agree!" said Eunkwang, "Who are you inviting to the play?"

"Oh, you know, the members of our group Apink? Chorong, Naeun, Yookyung, Namjoo and Hayoung. I suppose that you're inviting BtoB, right?"

"Of course," replied Eunkwang with a smile.

 

The next day Eunkwang gathered the other six together.

"Would you guys like to go to the play?" he asked.

"Definitely!" said Minhyuk. "I can't wait to see you on stage."

"Neither can I!" said Sungjae.

"I must agree!" said Hyunsik.

Peniel and Ilhoon too were excited.

Eunkwang sold the tickets to the six, who promised to come and watch the play on Friday.