Romeo and Juliet

More Than a Dream/꿈보다

Sungjae, Hyunsik, Minhyuk, Changsub, Peniel and Ilhoon clenched their tickets in excitement that Friday night as they headed for the auditorium. In the gym were the actors getting their costumes ready. Eunkwang was just finishing up and getting his makeup done when he saw the other six come in.

"Hey Eunkwang!"

"Hey guys! Thank you so much for coming!"

"It was nothing," replied Minhyuk with a smile.

"Are you excited?" asked Ilhoon.

"Oh, definitely," said Eunkwang, "I haven't acted before in the theatre, but this is something I'd love to try out. This is especially the first time I'm trying out acting for a play that is not of Korean origin, this is something really big for me."

"It sure is!" said Sungjae, nodding in agreement.

They were interrupted when the teacher called them over.

"Sorry guys, but I really need to go and get ready," said Eunkwang, "See you after the play,"

"We'll see you on the stage!" said the other members as they headed for the auditorium, a student escorting them to the seats.

 

Hyunsik and Sungjae particularly sat together, Peniel and Ilhoon together whilst Changsub and Minhyuk were holding hands and sitting together.

The play eventually started, creating thrills through the blood of the audience.

It continued until Eunkwang particularly stood out in the dinner scene where he met Bomi acting as Juliet, and Sunggyu as Tybalt was confronting Kwanghee as Capulet upon realising that Romeo was a Montague and not a Capulet.

"It is a Montague!" exclaimed Sunggyu.

"Go to, go to, you are a saucy boy. Is it so indeed?" said Kwanghee.

It continued until Eunkwang continued to recite the rest of Romeo's lines complimenting Juliet's beauty.

 

It continued as the balcony scene with the spotlights on Eunkwang and Bomi started, Eunkwang offering the rose as a pledge of true love.

The dramatic fight scene with Eunkwang and Sunggyu began, until Yoseob's character Mercutio reached the death scene, and Romeo was deported from Verona.

 

The play continued right until the most dramatic scene of the play, the death scenes of Romeo and Juliet.

Hyunsik and Sungjae gasped in amazement at Eunkwang's acting skills as he sipped the 'poison' from the glass bottle and collapsed to the floor, just before Bomi took hold of Eunkwang's dagger and plunged it in her 'heart' whilst falling to the ground.

After Dongjun as the prince ended the scene by punishing all the characters involved in the prejudice between the Montagues and Capulets, all the actors gathered back on the stage.

Eunkwang and Bomi, hand in hand in the center bowed as the students continued to cheer and clap for them.

 

The six went back to the gym as soon as the play was over, waiting for Eunkwang.

They applauded as soon as Eunkwang came out in his normal clothes.

"Dude, I didn't know you act so well!" said Ilhoon, "You were amazing!"

"And sing so well at the same time!" complimented Sungjae, "I can't imagine doing that!"

"Thank you guys so much!" said Eunkwang, "Believe me, it was really hard! Now I know what it's like to be in an opera!"

The seven laughed as they headed back for their dorms, proud of Eunkwang who's newfound skill paid him off.