Workload

More Than a Dream/꿈보다

The stress continued on.

The new component of Language A eventually started as the students were preparing for their Individual Oral Commentary.

As for Eunkwang, Hyunsik and Sungjae, they had three new books to read, whilst Ilhoon, Minhyuk, and Changsub had two, and although Peniel had two too, he had English texts; Hamlet and The Picture of Dorian Grey.

But what was most challenging for them was how they would be given a random extract from a random text in the actual thing without knowing, and within a time frame of 10 minutes they would have to annotate the extract using their knowledge of the texts, and for 10 minutes alike the Individual Oral Presentation speak out.

"I swear I'm going to stutter." said Eunkwang.

"Me too." said Peniel.

"Don't freak," chuckled Eunkwang, "SL Language A courses are easy."

"But still," said Peniel, "Can you imagine me speaking for 10 whole minutes on a random extract?"

"I know!" complained Ilhoon, "I dunno about whether I'm going to make it."

"And I have rehearsals," said Eunkwang, "with the other drama club members."

"You mean for the Romeo and Juliet play?" asked Peniel.

"Precisely," said Eunkwang, "Tickets are selling soon, but I'll let you guys know when you can get one."

 

As for Hyunsik, Sungjae, Changsub and Minhyuk, they were reading through their new novels as quickly as possible as well as searching on the internet for the novels' literary devices and themes, as they believe that the internet explained everything better.

 

No one however, touched their Extended Essay or personal statements yet, but when they did they only typed a few words at a time.