First Day Part 2.

대박사건 (Great Incident)

"Yah Park Chanyeol! You're not supposed to eat the pork yet!" Heojung chided Chanyeol and smacked his arm as he gobbled a piece of semi-cooked pork slice.

"But I'm hungry!" Chanyeol pouted, staring at the sizzling pork on the grill dreamily.

"Pig.." Heojung mumbled as she flipped the pork slices. 

"Ah, these are cooked! There you go, Sungjae-sshi!" Heojung smiled, picking up the cooked pork slices and placed them on Sungjae's plate.

"Hey! Why don't I get them first? You do know that I'm hungry right?" Chanyeol glared at Heojung, who in turn smirked in triumph, "But Sungjae did a better job than you did! So he deserved it~"

"Yah it wasn't my fault that I didn't collect as much corn, who was the one who shouted at me huh? Huh!" Chanyeol huffed.

"Oh! So now you're blam-" Sungjae cut Heojung off before she could continue with the argument and split his pork slices equally on Chanyeol and Heojung's plate, "Uhm you guys can have the pork first, I'm not that hungry." he smiled. 

"You're such a gentleman, Sungjae. Unlike some pig beside me.." Heojung smiled widely at Sungjae before glaring sideways at Chanyeol.

"Anyway, I'm not hungry too so you can have the meat first!" Heojung emptied her plate's contents onto Sungjae's plate. "Furthermore, you are the guest. Go ahead, eat!" she grinned.

 

Meanwhile, Youngjae was busy being awkward around Inhae. Both of them were making kimchi soup in the kitchen whilst the rest of them were out in the garden grilling the meat.

Youngjae suddenly felt the urge to sing, so he did. It was really random, but he did. 

"Cause we're ordinary people... We dont know which way to go~" he trailed off when Inhae stared at him with agape.

"Wow, Youngjae! Your voice is just... WOW. I didnt know you can sing!" she clapped her hands excitedly. Youngjae rubbed the back of his neck and grinned nervously, "Well, it just felt right to sing, so it just came natuurally I guess."

 

Inhae smiled at Youngjae, "Come on, let's bring the soup out."

Youngjae blushed at her smile as he reached out to the pot of soup on the stove

"Ah ouch!" Youngjae immediately retracted his hands and rubbed them against his ears. 

"Be careful, it's hot." Inhae chuckled and passed him a pair of mittens.

"Thanks," Youngjae smiled shyly and mentally knocked his own head as he put on the mittens and took the soup out.

After lunch, the bunch of them headed back to the farm to plant more crops.

 

Inhae told everyone, "We'll just stick to our previous groups, so we don't have to split again. We have about three hours, so let's just try to plant as many as we can okay?"

Sungjae raised his hand, "So what are we planting?"

"Sweet potatoes!" Heojung exclaimed in excitement. Heojung loved sweet potatoes to death, so planting them is her favorite part. She enjoyed watching them grow and grow and grow.

So that's exactly what they did. They split into the two groups and went their seperate ways.

 

But before they went, Youngjae said nervously, "I think i'll follow Heojung's group.. I'm afraid Sungjae isn't able to prevent murder from happening."

"Hey! I won't fight with the devil if she doesn't scold me for nothing! It's not my fault you know!" Chanyeol yelled childishly while stomping his feet. Youngjae could only pretend to look amused. The reason why he wanted to follow Heojung wasn't because he wanted to make sure Heojung and Chanyeol didn't kill each other, but because he couldn't control his heart around Inhae.

He felt like an idiot around her, seriously, and he cant's stand that he felt so nervous around her.

 

Inhae looked thoughtful for a moment but she relented, "Okay then, I'll just go off with Hyunseung oppa~"

Youngjae just nodded sheepishly and trailed behind Sungjae.

 

 

"Yah! Don't squish the potatoes!" Heojung scolded Chanyeol, who was pushing the potato into the hard soil with all his might. Chanyeol stood up, still holding the potato,

"I'm not! The potatoes wont go in if i don't exert strength! i dont want SOMEONE to say that I'm not helping in planting.." he mumbled the last part, but Heojung heard it all.

She frowned, reaching out to snatch the potato from his hand, "You have to use a shovel and dig a hole, idiot! Who plants by SQUEEZING the potato in by force?!"

Chanyeol stood firm, not wanting to let Heojung tell him what to do. So in the end, the both of them were snatching the potato.

Chanyeol accidentally dropped the potato onto the ground and as if on cue, Youngjae walked towards them in excitement, only to step onto the potato and slip.

 

Before Sungjae could even grab him, Youngjae had already rolled down the field and hit his head agaisnt the concrete floor right by the driveway.

The three widened their eyes and rushed over to where Youngjae was, Heojung exclaiming all the way, speaking gibberish.

She shook Youngjae by the shoulders frantically, "Youngjae, Youngjae, are you alright?!"

Youngjae groaned in pain, mumbling something incoherent with his eyes shut. Sungjae leaned in closer to hear what he was mumbling and he heard Youngjae say, ".... 4Ever..."

Youngjae was half unconscious and Heojung was in full panic mode. She signalled for Chanyeol and said, "Chanyeol ah! Quick! carry him to the clinic!"

She was trying to get Youngje onto Chanyeol's back while Chanyeol yelled, "Wait wait wait! Too heavy!"

He dropped Youngjae onto the ground accidentally and he quickly bent down to pick the now unconscious Youngjae up, mumbling, "Oops! Sorry sorry!"

 

 

Chanyeol and Sungjae then made their way to the clinic while Heojung went to get Inhae and the rest.