Welcome

대박사건 (Great Incident)

 

 

 

"Wakey wakey~~" Heojung sang as she poked the sleeping derpy stranger's cheeks.
 
Inhae sat on the chair next to Youngjae's bed while peeling an apple and orange, looking up worriedly every so often to see if he has woken up.
 
 
Youngjae groaned as he struggled to open his eyes. A beam of bright light blinded him for a second before he sat up from the bed.
"Omo! You're awake!" Inhae exclaimed beside him. He turned to look at the source of the voice, only to look at a beautiful girl who had a nervous look on her face.
 
She scratched the back of her neck nervously as she spoke, "You gave me quite a scare! You and your friends have been knocked out for nearly 4 days!"
 
"Friends?" Youngjae carefully asked. As far as he was concerned, he didn't remember anything at all. His mind felt blank as a paper. He only knew that he was Yoo Youngjae, nothing else.
 
Inhae sensed his uncertainty, but before she could speak, the doctor came in with a smile.
"Ah, Mr Yoo! You're awake! Now, I just need to do some check ups on you first, before telling you your condition now, okay?"
Youngjae slowly nodded, letting the doctor do the routine check up.
 
 
The doctor wrote some things onto his clipboard before telling both Youngjae and the girl in the room about his conclusion.
The girl was the first to gasp. She felt sorry for his plight. She felt so guilty. 
Youngjae could only hold his bandaged head in a daze. 
Just what the hell happened?
 
"Mr Yoo, based on your current conditions, it seems to me that you are suffering from the typical amnesia. Haha, sounds like a scene from a drama, huh." the doctor, whom Youngjae identified as Dr Cha, laughed at his own joke.
 
"Apart from the several superficial cuts and bruises, you should be fine! But I'm gonna need to keep you under observations until evening. Just in case." Dr Cha smiled and walked away.
 
Youngjae looked around the unfamiliar room and back at Inhae who was next to him. 
"Uhm hi..what's your name? And that girl over there," Youngjae asked as he looked over at Heojung who's talking to the sleeping Chanyeol. "Are the both of you related to me by any chance?" he asked carefully.
 
"Oh! I'm Inhae, Jung Inhae! And that girl over there is Heojung, Lee Heojung," Inhae introduced herself while pointing at Heojung.
"And no, we're not related. My friend and I found your wrecked car along the roadside and so we called the police and ta-da! Here we are~" Inhae explained. 
 
"Also, in the mean time, you and your friends are going to have to stay at my place because the police are still trying to find out your background and where you came from." Inhae passed the apple to him while he nodded, taking in the situation and eating the apple slowly.
 
"These friends you talk about.. Who are they?" Youngjae asked.
 
"Honestly, I don't know them. All I know are their names." Inhae pointed to each of the three boys and told Youngjae their names.
 
"They were found in the wreckage along with you. Do you really have no recollection about your life and the accident?" Inhae ask curiously. Youngjae tried to think really hard about his past but to no avail, nothing was appearing. 
 
His mind was nothing but a blank white space. He frowned, angered and upset by the fact that he couldn't remember anything. 
"Hey, don't be too hard on yourself," Inhae smiled while patting Youngjae's shoulder, "You haven't even been awake for days. Cool it and don't frown!" Inhae smiled, smoothing out the creases between Youngjae's eyebrows with her fingers. "See, you look so much more better without frowning!"
 
 
"Oh hey! You woke up!" Heojung suddenly exclaimed, immediately running to the door and screaming down the hallway, "HELLO DR CHA WE HAVE ANOTHER PATIENT WHO'S AWAKE!"
 
"Miss! Please keep your volume down! You'll wake other patients up with that loud voice of yours!" the nurse hissed. And as if by coincidence, Sungjae and Hyunseun woke up from their unconsciousness, looking around the entire place with dazed expressions.
 
 
 
Dr Cha clicked his torchlight off as he finished checking up the last patient in the room. 
"Hmm it seems like all of you are suffering from amnesia." Dr Cha said while writing some observations onto his clipboard before looking up to all of them,
"Well, like I said, I still have to keep you guys under observation for another 5-6 hours. After which, you will be allowed to leave." he turned to leave the room when Hyunseung asked a sudden question, "But, where are our family?"
 
"The police are still trying to track your families and your identities but so far, we do not have any information. In the mean time," Dr Cha paused and turned to the two girls, "I'm pretty sure that these two girls will be taking you in."
 
"But why? Are they related to us?" Sungjae asked in curiousity. The doctor shook his head,  "Not that we know of, but they found you guys so technically, the responsibility is on them. So, if you have anymore questions, please ask the girls, I have to make my rounds. I'll come back and check on you guys later." Dr Cha said his last words and left the ward.
 
"Can you explain to us what you saw again?" Hyunseung asked as he turned towards the girls. Inhae explained everything and introduced everyone to everyone. The boys spent the next few hours chatting just like old friends.
 
Dr Cha came back a couple of hours later, did a final check on the boys, issued their medicines to them and discharged them.
 
"Here are your personal items that the police have retrieved from the wreck." the nurse said informed while setting 4 duffle bags onto the floor. "Unfortunately, your mobile phones have been destroyed in the crash." she gave them a small bow before exiting the room.
 
Chanyeol bent down and took a closer look at the duffle bags when he saw tags on the bag – 'THIS BAG BELONGS TO YOOKIE SUNGJAE! Hey no touching!' 
Chanyeol read out loud as he held the tag of the black duffle bag that has red linings. 
 
"Hey yook! Catch!" Chanyeol threw the bag to Sungjae and Youngjae suddenly felt a pound in his head and his knees felt weak. He grabbed onto Hyunseung, who was right next to him. A flashback of him throwing a banana soft toy to Sungjae in their dorm suddenly flashed across his mind.
 
"Youngjae, what's wrong?" Inhae asked worriedly. 
"I...I remembered something. I saw it. A memory of the past. Were we brothers?" Youngjae asked with his hand clutching onto his head. He shook his head several times, trying to get eh pain to go away.
 
"Brothers? I doubt so. We have different surnames you know.. Jang, Park, Yoo, Yook. They're different. What did you see?" Hyunseung asked.
 
"All I saw was me throwing a banana soft toy to Sungjae and I said 'Hey yook, catch'..." 
Youngjae trailed off as he turned to look at Chanyeol, who widened his eyes and exclaimed, "Isn't that what I said?!" 
 
"Ok guys, let's take this back to my place. This isn't exactly the best place to discuss about this issue. Come on, let's go! My appa's here already." Inhae said.
 
 
 
The four boys followed Inhae and Heojung like little lost puppies. Well, they kind of were, since they aren't in Seoul anymore and they have lost their memories. So, technically speaking they are little lost puppies, aren't they? 
Throughout the whole ride home, which took about an hour and a half from the hospital, Inhae was staring at Youngjae in curiousity. He seemed really deep in thought as he stared out of the window to the passing trees and farms.
 
 
Heojung, on the other hand, was busy playing I-Spy with Chanyeol.
"I spy with my little eye.... Something green!" Chanyeol exclaimed in excitement.
Heojung couldn't help but roll her eyes, "Chanyeol! Can you please be more specific? In case you haven't noticed, EVERYTHING around us is green." she waved her hands at the scenery outside. And true, it was nothing but greenery and more greenery.
 
Chanyeol argued back, "That's why I said green! Because that's all I see!"
 
"You aren't supposed to play it that way!" Heojung raised her voice, making Hyunseung cringe. Inhae patted Heojung's back and whispered, "Yah, don't be so mean. He has just gotten discharged from the hospital!"
 
Heojung said nothing as she crossed her arms, not saying a word.
 
 
The silence was then broken by Inhae's dad,who announced proudly at the big farmhouse standing in front of them,
"Welcome boys, to our home! Our farm!"
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: How is the update? (Most of the ideas were generated by twentysevenf, and the connecting was done by me) 
How is the poster? (twentysevenf did the poster)
How is the background?? (I made it)
LEAVE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASEEEEEE.