First Day.

대박사건 (Great Incident)

"BBBBBRING BBBRING BBBBBRIN- TAK!" the alarm rang, causing Youngjae to smack the alarm clock.
He rubbed his eyes and looked at the time on the clock. ".......5:30 AM?!?!" he exclaimed and woke Hyunseung up. 
"Shhhhhh..." Hyunseung mumbled and sat up, scratching his head.
"GOOD MORNING BOYS!" Inhae exclaimed as she barged into the room with a cheery smile.
Hyunseung fell back onto his bed groaning and used the pillow to cover his ears.

"Wakey wakey wakey~~" she sang and dragged the half awake Youngjae out of the room and into the toilet before turning back to call Hyunseung, "Come on, Jang oppa!"
A few minutes later, Inhae walked back into the room to tidy Youngjae's bed.
"Hello~ Time to wake up!" she yelled at Hyunseung who was still fast asleep.
"5.. More... Minutes.." Hyunseung whined from under his pillow, causing his voice to come out really muffled.


"HELP SOMEBODY HELP THIS FEMALE DEVIL IS DEPRIVING ME OF MY SLEEP! SOMEBODY HELP!!" Chanyeol shouted from across the house as Heojung dragged him out of the room. 
"HEY! Female devil?!" Heojung pinched Chanyeol's ears before ylling into them, "Get up and go wash up now!" Chanyeol pouted and rubbed his ears, shuffling sleepily into the toilet, grumbling under his breath, "Devil Lee...."

"Oh hyung! Morning.. Had a nice sleep?" Youngjae greeted Chanyeol as he walked into the bathroom.
Chanyeol gave a face and gestured to his own face, "What does my face say? Sungjae kept laughing in his sleep last night and I don't even know why! So I couldn't sleep at all.. and when I finally did, devil lee had to pull me out of bed." Chanyeol complained as he squeezed toothpaste out onto his toothbrush.

"Same here, hyung," Youngjae yawned, "I really don't get why do we have to wake up at 5:30am....this is too ridiculous." Youngjae grumbled as he walked back to his room.

"Boys! Quick come down for breakfast!" Inhae's Mum shouted from the kitchen. The boys walked down the stairs into the dining room like zombies and settled down on the chairs with their eyes still half closed.

"Help! THERE'S A FIRE!!!" Inhae exclaimed. Everyone's eyes widened and start to look around with panic on their faces, trying to look for the source of the fire. "OH MY GOSH this is too funny!" Heojung started laughing hysterically and slapping her thighs.

"Inhae was just trying to wake you guys up but those expressions on your faces were PRICELESS!" Heojung gave them a thumbs up and wiped off an imaginary tear from her eye with her other hand. The boys glared at Heojung until Inhae's Mum settled a pot of piping hot kimchi soup in front of them.

"Come on, let's start eating!" Inhae's Mum announced as she removed the cover of the pot. 

"Wow, Jung Eomeoni, this smells so good!" Sungjae said, sniffing in the aroma of the soup. Inhae smiled proudly as she scooped the soup out for everyone,  "Of course it does! My mum isn't the best cook in our village for nothing!"
"Oh my tummy! So hungry!" Heojung exclaimed and started to dig in while the rest followed suit.


After a filling breakfast, Inhae and Heojung started assigning teams to help with the harvesting for that day.
"Youngjae and Hyunseung oppa will follow me, while Chanyeol and Sungjae oppa will go with Heojung!" Inhae instructed. Chanyeol immediately whined and  grabbed onto Inhae like a little child,  "NOOOO.. I dont wanna go with that devil!"

Heojung raised a fist and stepped forward, "YAH! What devil?! Are you trying to pick a fight with me?!" Before they could kill each other, Inhae stepped between them, "Come on people! If we keep arguing like this, we'll never get things done before the market opens!"

"And what time does the market open?" Youngjae asked while raising his hand up. Heojung stopped glaring at Chanyeol enough to smile at Youngjae, "It opens at 8AM, so we have about two hours to harvest the things we wanna sell today!" Hyunseung widened his eyes, "What? Only two hours to harvest everything? How is that even possible?!" 
Inhae sighed in exasperation and said, "Thats why we have to get working now! We're wasting precious time here!" Heojung pumped her fist in the air and cheered, "Fighting everyone! Let's go go go!"


Inhae led the way to the fields with Hyunseung and Youngjae in tow. The floor was slightly muddy from the raining last night but Inhae was used to it. The two boys, on the other hand, were having much difficulty trudging through the muddy soil.

"Come on! hurry! The potatoes aren't gonna pull themselves up you know!" Inhae said while laughing at the faces that Youngjae pulled. She bent down and grabbed onto a fistful of leaves, pulling them expertly. The bunch of potatoes came up easily and she tossed them into the basket on the ground.

"See? Its really easy! We just need to fill up these three baskets, and then we're done. Today, we're doing the easy jobs because its your first day. Tomorrow, you won't be so lucky!" she smiled at them, handing them gloves to wear.

Youngjae bent down to another patch of green leaves, holding a bunch gingerly with his hands and pulling. But the potatoes wont come out of the soil, which caused his face to redden in embarrassment. Inhae laughed as she reached out to hold onto Youngjae's hands to guide him into pulling the potatoes out. Her actions caused Youngjae to further blush into a deep crimson which reached his ears.

The potatoes came out loosely and inhae let go, beaming at Youngjae. "See? Easy right? You just need to figure out which angle to pull it out from, that's all! It isn't rocket science~'

Youngjae smiled happily, looking at his first harvest. The three of them continued to pull out potatoes in perfect harmony whilst chatting about the most random things.

However, things on the other side of the farm ain't as dandy and lovely as Inhae's side.


"YAH YOU'RE DOING IT ALL WRONG!" Heojung yelled at Chanyeol who was dropping some of the corn cobs onto the ground, causing some corn to spill onto the floor.
Chanyeol huffed angrily and frowned, "I was doing fine until YOU yelled and scared me! If you didn't yell, I wouldn't have dropped them!"

Heojung glared at him, raising a fist. Sungjae laughed nervously and grabbed her hand.

"Oh well, look at the time! We only have half an hour left before we have to head to the market! Let's not kill all of our precious corn cobs, yeah?" Sungjae  stood in between the two nervously. Man, this is worse than the world war.

Heojung walked away, ignoring Chanyeol and he did the same. Both of them were power-walking back to the barn, where Inhae and the other two boys were waiting. Sungjae sighed before picking up his own basket of corn cobs and following them.

"Man, those two are like destructive war machines. Its so dangerous to be around them." he mumbled while walking.

 

 

Back at the barn, Inhae was marveling at all of their harvests for the day. 

"Hm, not bad, for your first try! Come on, let's go and set up our stall~" she sang happily, leading the way to the market.

The walk to the market was a half an hour walk, but it seemed like a 5-minute walk because all six of them were playing while walking. Pretty soon, they reached the market and started to set up their stalls. The stall beside theirs sold all sorts of rice cakes. The ahjumma, whom they call Lee ahjumma, smiled at them.

"Good morning girls! oh, and who are these handsome young men?" she asked, inspecting each of the boys, who in turn bowed slightly and smiled back.

"Oh, we're letting them stay at our house for the time being because the police are trying to find out their identities. Meanwhile, they're gonna be helping out at our farm!" Heojung explained. Lee ahjumma nodded in understanding, "It must be great to have so many strong young men to help out, huh?"

Inhae smiled, "Yeah, our workload just got a whole lot lighter with them around! Just like how your son helps you with the harvesting!" Lee ahjumma laughed at Inhae's statement, "Yeah, but sometimes I wished he was taller."

All of them laughed heartily before they started to busy themselves with selling their harvests.


That day, Inhae and Heojung's stall attracted a whole lot more customers than usual. And the reason would be, there were four tall and handsome boys helping out. News spread like wildfire and girls from all over the little town came to their stall to support the handsome boys.

It was barely 10AM and everything was sold out. Inhae and heojung exchanged looks of disbelief. Never in their lives have they finished selling everything within two hours. They counted their money and Inhae gasped, "Omo! Guess how much we made today?"

Heojung put two fingers up, "Two hundred?"

Inhae shook her head.

"$300?" Chanyeol guessed.

"We earned $550!" Inhae cheered. Heojung gasped and hugged Inhae happily, both of them jumping up and down with excitement. 

Heojun broke away from Inhae and beamed at the boys, "And it's all thanks to you guys! For lunch, we can feast... on samgyeopsal!"

The boys all cheered at the thought of meat. All of them headed back home with happy hearts.

'Although I just gotten to know these girls, I feel like I belong here..' Youngjae thought at they reached the barn.

 

 

A/N: YAYYYY! I FINALLY UPDATED~~ I was editing this chapter halfway when my laptop restarted and i had to re-write the whole thing T___T

But oh well, glad i finished updating~ Leave some comments alright?!