Chapter 8: "Classmates"

♞ "One Carousel Ride" ♘

 

*Not edited. I feel sleepy while doing this,sorry. :D *

 

Min Hee went to class not feeling really well.  She caught colds last Saturday but fortunately she didn’t have fever. She remembered being soaked in the rain for a long time and thought that was the reason she has colds.

“Good morning,class!” Mr. Choi greeted his class smiling as usual. Min Hee grabbed some tissue from her bag and quietly sneezed.

“Today,we have a new student.  Please be all good to him. Mr.Xi,please come in.” Mr.Choi called someone from the door and a handsome guy came in and everyone started whispering to each other except for Min Hee who had a different reaction from the others, she was shocked. She shook her head and blinked few times trying to register in to her mind if what she is seeing is real.

“Mr.Xi,please introduce yourself.” Mr.Choi beamed at the new student and gave the floor to him.

“Hello,everyone. I’m Xi Luhan. You can call me Luhan. I hope we can all get along well.” Luhan beamed at them and bowed. The girls started to squeal and clapped while the boys remained quiet and some were kind of annoyed. Min Hee looked away and covered her face with her hair so Luhan won’t see her. Min Hee still feels guilty because she slapped Luhan because he might be angry since they don’t really know each other and yet she minded his own business.But other part of Min Hee tells her that it’s alright, Luhan acted like a crazy man who lost his mind under the heavy rain and she just wanted to help him.

“Okay, Luhan.Welcome to the Music Department. Ummm… there is an empty seat beside Ms. Kim Min Hee . You may take your seat there.” Mr. Choi pointed at the empty seat beside Min Hee and started to write something on the board. Min Hee felt like she’s going to die when Mr. Choi told Luhan to sit beside her.

“Hi. Min Hee ssi,right?” Luhan held out his hand at Min Hee who was still looking at the other way. Min Hee nodded and looked at Luhan with her hair covering half of her face and shook his hand. Luhan thought she was a little bit weird but shrugged the thought off and sat down beside her.

“Great,Min Hee. Now she will think that you are a weirdo. He won’t remember you anyways so everything would be okay, I guess?” Min Hee thought to herself as she seated properly and removed her hair from her face.

Class started and everything went well but not for Min Hee. She kept on sneezing and that Luhan to look at her from time to time.

“It feels like I’ve seen her somewhere.” Luhan thought as he tries to recall where she had seen Min Hee.

Min Hee caught Luhan staring at her and started to get nervous because Luhan still kept on staring at her.

Min Hee covered half of her face and moved slightly on the side away from Luhan. “Why are you staring at me like that?” she asked feeling nervous that Luhan finally remembered her.

“Are you okay?” Luhan asked worriedly. Min Hee smiled at Luhan and nodded. “I’m sorry but you seem familiar.” Luhan said. “May-maybe I just look like that person you know.” Min Hee stuttered. “No, now that you talked it made me feels so sure that I already saw you. I remember hearing your voice. Are you sure you don’t know me?” Luhan asked. Min Hee thought it wouldn’t harm if he would let Luhan know the truth. “Actually-“ Min Hee was supposed to say something but was cut off when Mr. Choi caught their attention.

“Ms. Kim and Mr. Xi, pay attention!” Mr. Choi yelled at us and everyone turned their attention to us. Min Hee and Luhan bowed their head lightly and paid attention like what Mr. Choi asked to.

The bell rang and smiles can be seen on the face of the students. Finally, they can go home. Monday is somewhat a day where the students tend to feel very lazy for some unknown reasons.  

Everyone started to dart out of the room and do their own thing. Min Hee usually waits for everyone to leave the room but today was a different situation. As soon as the class was dismissed, she quickly packed her things and made her way out of the room. She briskly walked to her locker but it seems like luck wasn’t with her now. She feels she will caught fever soon and now she hears Luhan calling her name.

Min Hee bit her lip and turned around. She saw Luhan waving his hand at her and trying to pass from the sea of people. “Min Hee-ssi,I think I remember where I saw you now.” Luhan said in a serious tone. Min Hee gulped before answering back, “R-really? Where?” Min Hee stuttered. Luhan walked closer with a mischievous smile on his face which caused Min Hee to back away. Min Hee can feel Luhan’s breathe on her face and she started to heat up. She doesn’t know if she finally caught a fever or is it because of Luhan.  

“You were the one who confessed to me during my last year in high school!” Luhan said with a smile on his face. It felt like Luhan just solved one of the toughest questions in life. Min Hee had a poker face on and blinked for a few times before looking at Luhan.

“Why are you looking at me like you are going to eat me? I’m right,right? Ohh,don’t be shy!” Luhan chuckled and nudged Min Hee.

“Seriously,this guy made me feel nervous for nothing?!” Min Hee thought to herself before she laughed hard.

“Why are you laughing?” Luhan asked. “ Me? Confessed? You? “ Min Hee laughed very hard. Min Hee was not really laughing because Luhan thought she was a girl who confessed to him. It’s just the fact that she really can’t imagine herself confessing to someone. She never really experienced doing “love confessions” in her entire existence in this world well she was supposed to but she wasn’t able to do it.

Min Hee stopped laughing and tried to breath for some air,” I’m sorry, Luhan. It’s just that I never confessed to anyone. So I’m sure that’s not me.” Min Hee waved his hand lightly in front of Luhan to show her disagreement.

“Oh really? I-I’m sorry.” Luhan sheepishly smiled and bowed his head. “No, it’s okay. Like I told you, maybe I just look like someone you know.I’ll go now.” Min Hee smiled to Luhan before walking away but she suddenly stumbled and luckily Luhan caught her arms.

“Hey,are you okay?” Luhan asked with a hint of worry in his voice. Min Hee slowly managed to balance herself and nodded. But Luhan didn’t believe her, he placed his hand over Min Hee’s forehead and just like what he thought, she has a fever.

“No,you are not. You are having a fever.” Luhan  said and took Min Hee’s bag. “I said I’m fine. I can manage. I just have colds.” Min Hee assured Luhan with a smile. She took her bag from Luhan who was still hesitating if he’ll let Min Hee go like this and bowed before leaving.

“She’ll be fine,right?” Luhan asked himself before going to the dean’s office to drop off some documents.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It just took Luhan few minutes to drop off the documents that were being asked from him. He made his to the parking lot but he saw someone lying on the ground near a bench.  He immediately ran to the girl lying there thinking that it was Min Hee. Luhan rushed to her side and kneeled down beside her before he picked her up from the ground and let her rest on his arms. As what Luhan thought it was really Min Hee, a very pale and sweating Min Hee.  

“Yah, Min Hee. Wake up!Wake up!” Luhan tapped Min Hee’s face lightly. Min Hee was still slightly conscious at that time and she tried to open her eyes slowly. Min Hee only saw light but slowly a man’s face appeared.

“Gongchan?” Min Hee said before she finally passed out.

“What? Hey, Min Hee?Aishhh.” Luhan said before lifting her up and bringing her to his car.