Chapter 7: "He's Back"

♞ "One Carousel Ride" ♘

 

Luhan and Kris decided to meet up with the others in one of their favorite restaurants. It was just a 30 minutes drive so Kris and Luhan came on time. When they came in, their friends were already there. Luhan was greeted with a big hug from Sehun which startled Luhan.

“Yah Oh Sehun,are you a gay? Why are you hugging me so tightly?” Luhan chuckled as Sehun hugged him tighter.

“Hyung!Luhan Hyung! I heard that you and Yoona noona broke up! I know you need someone to cry on right now. Just let it all out, Hyung.” Sehun pretended to be crying as he pats Luhan’s head.

“Maknae! Stop that! You might win the best actor award.” Chanyeol said and high fived Kai.

“Stop being clingy Sehun. Get off my best friend.” Kris pulled Luhan away from Sehun.

“Hey!I’m just being a good friend here.” Sehun threw his hands up.

“Whatever!” The 9 guys said together except for Luhan who was laughing at Sehun.

Sehun pouted and sat beside Xiumin who was eating nonstop.

“Xiumin,slow down. You might choke. “ Suho warned Xiumin who didn’t mind him at all.

Luhan sat in between Kris and Lay. He thought going out with his friends is a good idea because he knows that they can make him feel better. They have known each other since elementary and they only got separated after high school. They go to different universities now: Kris and Lay together,;D.O,Xiumin and Tao;Suho,Chanyeol and Kai; Luhan,Sehun and Chen while Baekhyun left for states.

“Are you okay?” Lay turned off his ipod and asked Luhan.

“Actually,no. My heart just got broken yesterday. But I’ll be better soon.” Luhan assured Lay and Lay nodded and smiled at him. Lay knows that Luhan is just trying to hide his pain from them. He knows that Luhan doesn’t want other people worrying about him.

“Hey! Let’s not talk about Hyung’s love life anymore. We might all end up crying.” Kai laughed and received a glare from Kris.

“Calm down,tall guy. So protective.” Kai stopped laughing and coughed and everyone on the table laughed at how intimated Kai looked.

 

Everyone was having a good time. They ate delicious foods and talked about the recent things happening to them. Even Luhan seemed to forget even just for a while the pain he is feeling. They talked as loud as they can and they laughed as much as they want even if other people are starting to look at them as if they are weird or something. But still they feel that something is missing, Baekhyun.

“How I wish Baekhyun was here laughing with us.” Chanyeol sulked down. Everyone stooped laughing and felt the same way.

“Me too!”  

“Me three!”

“Me four!”

“Guys, I know we all miss Baekhyun. Let’s just wait. He promised that he’ll be back.” Suho said assuring to his friend that Baekhyun will be back. As always, as one of the leaders, he comforts his friends.

“We know he doesn’t break his promises. Let’s hold onto that,okay?” Chen smiled at them.

They all smiled back and were supposed to return on what they were talking about when suddenly they heard a familiar voice.

“Of course, I don’t break my promises. Miss me?” The guy beamed at them with his arms wide open.

“Baekhyun!”  They all shouted and crowded around Baekhyun.

“Man! We missed you so much!” Chanyeol said while still hugging Baekhyun tightly.

“I know so can you please let go of me now? I can’t breathe.” Baekhyun said softly and Chanyeol immediately let go of him.

“Sorry. I got carried away.” Chanyeol smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head.

They all sat down and started to throw questions at Baekhyun. “Is it nice in America?” “Are there hot chicks there?””Where did you get this watch?””Do you have a girlfriend?a boyfriend perhaps?”

“Stop!” Baekhyun yelled earning stares from everyone. He bowed down to the other people for disturbing them and looked back at his friends.

“Can you please ask me one by one?” Baekhyun requested as he rubbed his temples.

“So when did you get back?” Chen asked

“Yesterday” Baekhyun answered back and sipped his soda.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Chanyeol asked with his arms crossed.

“I want to surprise you guys. Surprise!” Baekhyun threw his hands up in the air and shook them.

“Are you staying for good?” Suho asked next.

“Maybe yes and maybe no.” Baekhyun answered with his hands clasped together under his chin.

“Bwoya?! What kind of answer is that?” Kai scoffed and threw a crumpled tissue at Baekhyun.

“Seriously, I think I’ll stay here for good.” Baekhyun  chuckled and threw the tissue back to Kai.

“That means Exo is now complete again!” Sehun shouted and they laughed at his excitement.

“This means… hands in?” Tao asked and placed his hands in front of them.

“Oh gosh. I miss doing this!” Baekhyun placed his hands on top of Tao’s and the others followed him.

“1.2.3! We are one!” They all shouted together.