Chapter 6: "The Reason Why"

♞ "One Carousel Ride" ♘

 

*Sorry if there would be some mistakes.I was in a hurry :)*

 

“You what?!” Kris asked to make sure he heard Luhan right.

“We broke up!And don’t make me repeat that again.” Luhan said with hint of annoyance in his voice.

“Chill dude. But, how? How did it happen? Kris asked Luhan as he can’t believe what he just learned about.

Luhan didn’t have any choice but to tell Kris everything. Every single thing that happened yesterday started to fill up Luhan’s mind.

*Flashback*

Luhan checked himself at the mirror one last time before going out of his room. When he checks that he is all done, he grabbed his coat and was supposed to go down already when he remembered something important. He opened the drawer beside his bed and grabbed a rectangular pink box with a ribbon on top of it. He opened it and smiled as he saw the necklace he will give to Yoona later. It was a silver necklace with a ballerina pendant wearing a pink tutu.

I hope you’ll like this,Yoona.” Luhan thought to himself and smiled before he made his way out of his room.He hollered down the stairs and headed to their garden to bid his goodbye to his mom.

“Eomma, I’ll go now and I won’t be using the car today. It would be faster if I would take the subway.“ Luhan said to his mom who is busy taking care of her orchids.

“Oh, arraso. Take care,dear. Enjoy your date! Say hi to Yoona for me.” Mrs. Xi smiled at his son before looking back at her plants.

Luhan kissed her mom’s cheek before heading out of the house. It took Luhan 45 minutes before reaching the amusement park. He saw Yoona waiting at the bench near the ticket booth and a smile quickly formed on Luhan’s lips. He made his way to Yoona and his smile grew wider.

“Hi babe!Happy anniversary!” Luhan give Yoona a hug and a peck on her lips.

“Hi!Happy anniversary too!” Yoona answered back.

“So,let’s go in?” Luhan wrapped his arms around Yoona’s shoulder.

“Yeah,sure.” Yoona beamed at Luhan.

Luhan and Yoona played hard like little kids. They went to the small game booths and even won prizes. They went in a photo booth and did different funny and sweet poses. But as the time goes by, Luhan noticed that Yoona seems to be bothered by something.

“Yoona,are you okay? Is there something bothering you?” Luhan worriedly asked his girlfriend.

“oh?A-Aniyo. I’m okay. Maybe I’m just hungry.Let’s eat!” Yoona smiled and held Luhan’s hand. She pulled Luhan towards the food court.

After they ate, they decided to walk around first. Luhan decided to grab this opportunity to give Yoona the necklace.

“Yoona, Happy Anniversary!” Luhan greeted Yoona again. Yoona just smiled at him and they continued walking. Luhan was about to get the box from his coat but stopped when Yoona said she needs to go to the restroom.

“Maybe I’ll just give it to her later.” Luhan thought to himself and followed Yoona.

Yoona went in and Luhan waited for her outside. Luhan thought he would give it to Yoona as soon as Yoona would come out of the restroom.

“Luhan.” Yoona said as she came out of the restroom.

Luhan turned around and saw Yoona. He smiled and said,” Oh, Yoona. Umm, I want to give you something.” Luhan took out the box and gave it to Yoona. Yoona stared at it for a while before taking it. She opened it and saw a beautiful necklace.But instead of seeing a smile on Yoona’s face, Luhan saw that Yoona seems to be sad and teary eyed.

“Why? You don’t like it?” Luhan asked Yoona.

“No, it’s not that. It’s beautiful but…” Yoona closed the box and returned it to Luhan.

“Why are you returning it to me if---“ Luhan cut off by what Yoona said next.

“Let’s break up!” Yoona felt that a knife was taken off from her body when she finally said those words. While Luhan felt like his world stopped spinning and that his heart was broken down into millions of pieces. He looked at Yoona’s eyes but Yoona looked away. She can’t bear to see that Luhan was hurting this way but she had to.

“B-But why? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you? I’ll make it up to you but don’t leave me,please!” Luhan pleaded and hugged Yoona tightly that she can’t almost breathe. Yoona pushed Luhan away and let out a big sigh before telling Luhan everything.

“I need to do this Luhan! Remember the audition that I had for the role of Odette? I finally passed! I am so happy the moment my manager told me that I passed. This is my dream ever since I was young and you know that.  I can finally be Odette!I can finally perform abroad and  I can show the world how good I am. You know I want to be the best no matter what.” Yoona explained at tears started to flow out of her eyes. As much as she loves to stay by Luhan side,she can’t. The company knows that Yoona is single and that is one factor that made them to choose Yoona. They think that the main lead should focus on her role and having a relationship would just be a bother. Yoona didn’t have any choice left because she wanted that spotlight. Ballet is her life and when finally the opportunity comes knocking at her door she didn’t want to let it go anymore. But what she didn’t expect was, there is something to be sacrificed for this wonderful chance she got: her relationship with Luhan.

“But… how about us? The things we planned and the memories we shared together? Are you going to throw that away?” Even if it’s obvious that Luhan is just trying to stay strong, his feelings won over him as tears started to flow out of his eyes.

“You know how important this dream is to me. I can’t just let it pass just like this. I have dedicated my life to my dream ever since I was a child just to be the best. I’m so sorry if this would hurt you. But my dream is my life and you know that.” Yoona explained without even looking at the Luhan’s eyes.

“You consider it as your life, of course you would choose it. I’m just your boyfriend.” Luhan answered back pretending that he understands it all.

“It’s not that. I do love you but… I’m sorry, I’ve already made a choice and I choose to follow my dreams. Maybe if we are really for each other, destiny will find its way for us. But for now, I--- I just--- I don’t know. If not, someday you’ll find the right one for you. I’m really sorry. Goodbye.”  With that, Yoona left his Luhan in tears.

Luhan looked at Yoona as she left him. He felt like his heart stopped pumping. He doesn’t know what to do. He was so lost. The first girl he ever loved left him in a snap. The years they had been together was just thrown off like that. He thought that Yoona was the one but he was wrong.

“Is this really a goodbye?” Luhan thought to himself as he walked away.

*End of flashback*

Luhan practically told Kris everything that happened except the part where he cried like a crazy man under the rain and the girl that helped him.   Kris was so shocked because he did not expect that Luhan and Yoona would end like this and actually he thought they would be married someday. Kris was the no. 1 witness on the love story of Luhan and Yoona. He and Luhan were best friends since they were young so Kris practically saw how his best friend fell in love. He was even the one who helped Luhan to get closer to Yoona. He saw how this couple loved each other: Luhan always buys flowers for Yoona, Yoona would feed Luhan as if he was a baby, and they would always take pictures together and would always go to the amusement park.

“Maybe nothing really lasts forever.” Kris taught to himself but he still can’t believe that Luhan and Yoona’s relationship would come in to an end this fast.

“Luhan, we know when it comes to her dreams in life, she is really hard working. We can’t change what happen. It’s her life and it’s a decision she already made. Even if it’s hard, you need to move on. Just be happy for her if you really love her. There would be someone new coming in to your life that is why maybe this happened. Just be happy,dude.” Kris patted Luhan’s back.

. . . . . . . . . .

 

A/N another sad chapter but the next chapter would be a happy one :)