Idiocracy + Friendship

The Scrooge Gang

Chapter 14.

 

“Yeon wake up.” Luhan whispered, shaking the girl by her arms as her head was resting on his shoulder. Rubbing her eyes, Yeon adjusted her vision to the light that surrounded them and tried to keep herself stable after feeling a bit dizzy.

 

As old habits never die, Yeon stretched her arms trying to wake herself up but accidentally hit Luhan’s face in the process. “Ouch, that hurts!” He exclaimed and she gasped, looking at him. “I’m sorry! But wait, what! The elevator’s moving!”

 

“Obviously.” He rolled his eyes, stifling a laugh.

 

And Yeon widened her eyes. “Oh my gosh, it’s moving Luhan! It’s moving!” She exclaimed, unconsciously wrapping her arms around the man as she grinned in pure glee. Suddenly baffled, it was Luhan’s turn to become stiff this time and he cleared his throat, awkwardly and almost as if he was about to choke.

 

“Oh..” Yeon finally realized what she did and was about to loosen her grip onto Luhan when the lift suddenly stopped. With the doors of the lift opening almost painstakingly slow, Yeon and Luhan who was still in the middle of a hug, hardly anticipated what was about to welcome them and came face to face with a slack jawed Suho and a smirking Lay.

 

“Told you hyung. Love sick fools, love sick fools.”

 

“Yixing, you planned this didn’t you?”

 

“Am I the idiot who stopped the elevator?”

 

“…..”

 

“Oppa!” Snapping the two from their bickering, Yeon released Luhan from her hug and immediately tackled Suho into a tight embraced. She cried into his arms, happy that they were finally released from being stuck in the elevator.

 

Suho gulped. “Yeon, are you fine?”

 

“Of course I’m not oppa! Who would be fine if they got locked up in an elevator?!” She sobbed, looking at her older brother. “It’s a good thing Luhan’s there, if not, I swear I would have died! You should really check the elevators here in the company oppa! Why does it malfunction suddenly?!” Yeon continued to complain, oblivious of the grin that was clearly glued on Lay’s face. Following her out, Luhan who was more observant than Yeon instantly noticed the knowing glint in his friend’s eyes.

 

Although slightly trembling, Luhan walked towards Lay, shooting his friend a murderous glare. “I think you have just the idea of who the mastermind of this incident is.” He provokingly stated and Lay chuckled, his chin thoughtfully.

 

“If I do have, would you actually do something about it?”

 

“Oh Yixing, a Chinese man always has his ways.”

 

“I could say the same thing for you.”

 

“Just say it will you?” Luhan snapped, finally irritated with Lay going round and round with his words and implying thoughts which distracted him. He looked into the other’s eyes, prodding deep into what the other was thinking before Lay finally blew out air from his cheeks, laughing.

 

He rubbed his temples. “Suho did it.” He deadpanned. “Suho locked the both of you together.”

 

“Hyung did it?!”

 

“Oh no, oppa just didn’t do that. NO.”  Yeon’s sudden statement made Luhan and Lay turn towards her. She stood away from Suho this time, eyes menacing and clearly filled with ferocity. Suho just blinked back. “Did you or did you not do it oppa?”

 

“Listen Yeon.” Suho sent dagger looks towards Lay as he stepped closer to Yeon. “I did it just because I want you and Luhan to grow closer.” He explained which earned him a look of indifference on his sister’s face.

 

“Seriously oppa?” Yeon said, tapping Suho’s head. “YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!” She scolded before launching into a rant. “Goodness oppa, there’s a lot of ways to make me befriend Luhan and you chose this of all things? You’re such an idiot! And I hate you for that! I mean, what if Luhan wasn’t able to seize down his fear earlier and I was left conscious all by myself? What if he fainted? What if the elevator really malfunctioned? And for real! You’re such a bad oppa, you know that?!”

 

Then turning her back, Yeon huffed leaving Suho in a daze. The clicking of her heels, soft and almost unheard against the shiny black tiles of the building. Sympathizing, Lay tapped the older male’s back as they watched Yeon leave.

 

“I’ll follow her. Let’s talk about this later hyung.” Luhan said, running after the girl while Lay chukled.

 

“I’m sorry for that hyung. My mouth…erm..slip of the tongue, I guess.”

 

“Shut up Yixing or I’m going to strangle you to death.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Wait!” Luhan screeched, earning Yeon’s attention as she halted on her steps. With his suit’s cardigan still hanging from Yeon’s shoulder, Luhan managed to catch up with the girl’s fuming figure by holding the clothes’ sleeve. He stopped for awhile, exhaling as he stared at the girl.

 

She arched an eyebrow. “What?!” She questioned him, irritated.

 

“I’ll treat you. Let’s go and eat at the coffee shop across the street.”

 

“I’m not hungry. Just leave me alone.”

 

“You’re coming with me, stubborn head.”

 

No longer able to retort, Yeon was pulled out of the company against her will, she staggered every few steps but she was able to successfully cross the road with Luhan’s incessant pulling. She stared at the man, half annoyed and half amused before they reached a vacant coffee shop, the smell of roasted coffee lingering in the air that welcomed them both.

 

Yeon hissed. “I told you I didn’t want to come.”

 

“But you’re supposed to be my secretary so you should follow my orders too.” Luhan debated and Yeon had no other choice but to grumble incoherent words in defeat. She trailed after him, feeling herself still being pulled as they walk.

 

“The usual sir?” A waiter, dressed in red pants smiled genuinely at both Luhan and Yeon making Yeon think that Luhan was a regular customer at the said place. “Yes. But make it two this time.” Luhan ordered before the man left them, allowing them to sit at the far end of the shop where there were two couches filled with pillows.

 

“Yeon.”

 

“Don’t give me a sermon. I knew what I did there was outrageous but seriously? Of all the people, my brother who’s also your best friend locks us up together. Good. Really, really good.”

 

“Yeon, listen to me. I know you’re mad and I am too in a way, since I know that Suho hyung is aware of my trauma yet he still did that. And I actually commend you for doing what you did earlier but what Suho hyung did just might be right.”

 

“What the? Are you telling me that after you actually bawled your eyes out on the elevator?!”

 

“Yes. Yes because I’m aware that hyung wouldn’t just endanger us like that when he knows there wouldn’t be good results. Now let’s just play it like this, shall we? We’ll have our revenge on your oppa but for now, just forgive him first Yeon.”

 

“I don’t want.”

 

“Come on stubborn head. Just for now? I promise you I have lots of trick intact in my mind. We’re gonna get him one way or another.”

 

“Goodness, could you sound more convincing?” Yeon finally looked at Luhan. “Fine, I’ll forgive him. Happy?”

 

Luhan grinned. “Yes. But first, we need to seal an agreement.”

 

“What agreement?”

 

“Let’s be friends.” Luhan offered and visibly shocked, Yeon’s eyes almost popped out of its socket.

 

“Friends?” She questioned.

 

“Yeah friends. Come on Yeon, pinky swear.” The Chinese man reached out for her hand, lifting his pinky as she continued to stare. And Yeon laughed, rolling her eyes at the man’s sudden proposal.

 

“But I want to be your enemy. I like teasing you.” Yeon stated and it was Luhan’s turn to laugh.

 

“How about frenemies stubborn head?”

 

“Then frenemies it is, idiot.”

 

And in the middle of a busy day, Yeon’s pinky intertwines with Luhan’s. She smiles and he smiles back in awe as the moment stamps a light mark in their hearts. Thinking that although they had sealed an agreement of being frenemies, the sign that they were promising to always be a friend to each other and the start of a good bond would never fail to exist.

 

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the late update guys but otl, a lot of things happened this week!! Gosh, so many mv's released and teasers!! xD Can't wait for the part 2 of wolf's drama version!!!