Interested

The Exchange Student

 

Today was one of those hotter days, the ones where it was stupid to leave home with a jacket, much less a leather jacket. But being me, and wanting my outfit to actually make some kind of sense (and also because I could get in trouble for breakng dress code) I wore a jacket. A leather one. That is black. Yes, I am aware of my stupidity. In other matters, it had been about a week or more since the Zelo smile incident. Ever since that day, I somehow found my eyes watching him more closely than usual. I would take note of the clothes he wore, simply because he dressed so well. Not once had I seen him in anything that was overly casual. It was always some kind of dresshirt with an expensive-looking t-shirt underneath. Accompanied with dressy-like pants. Sometimes he even wore shorts, but never jeans. Though I have to admit that he cannot match clothes to save his life! He usually wore a casual yet dressy style shoe, and used the same backpack every day.  Now it isn't right to call me a stalker. I am definitely not a stalker. It is just that whatever he does, and wherever I am he draws me in. I had never seen him do anything that would suggest some type of flaw. It was as if flaws didn't exist with him. At least that I could see visually. 
 
 
 
Back to the present, I got to school at six in the morning, the usual for me. I didn't much care for school, but there were other reasons for me having to be at the place I related to prison almost three hours before the first class even started. I did what I usually did, listened to music as I waited for everyone to wake up and come to school as well. I think I was the only student who ever got here this early. Especially after football season was over. As per usual I waited and waited and waited. My band friends showed up first, as usual. Today was seemingly a normal day. I was not overthinking when it came to Zelo, and I was sure as hell not thinking of actually talking to him. I was still too shy. But when lunch came around today, everything changed.
 
 
 
I left my Algebra 2 class to go to lunch accompanying my sophomore Elizabeth on her way to her next class. I only walked her far enough before I turned back around to return to the cafeteria. Just like everyday during this time, Zelo walked accross my path to get to the spot where he waited for his friends. I felt my heartbeat speed up and my breath hitch. I quickly hurried past him before he'd notice me and made my way to the spot where I usually met my firends for lunch. 
 
 
 
"Look Jo! It's Zelo!" Marie teased as she nodded her head in his direction. My eyes widened as I turned around and was met with the sight of him coming towards the cafeteria. He was, for some reason, looking in our direction to begin with. I felt heat flood into my cheeks and flames on my back-somehting that always happened to me when I get nervous- and chose to flee. I squirmed out of their grasp and sat down at the table beside us, making sure to anchor myself to the concrete bench.I let my hair fall forward to hide my face, too shy to even face him for even a split second. I heard my friends whine at me for being a coward and I just scowled at them. They were not helping at all! Danielle tried pulling me off the bench but couldn't make me move, I was stronger than her despite being slightly skinnier than her. 
 
 
"Jo! Just go talk to him!" I shook my head as Dominic spoke. My whole body heating up as though it was hotter than it really was right now. I felt as though the sun was sitting beside me. "Screw this! I'm gonna talk to him!" Dominic boasted. My eyes widened and my head snapped up to him. He moved towards Zelo, whom was now making his way to the cafeteria with his friends, talking with them casually.
 
 
 
 
 
"No! No! Don't! Please!!" I groaned in a high pitched manner(my voice can become very high pitched) and ruffled my hair in frustration, knowing that he wouldn't listen to me. I repeated my earlier reaction as I stomped my foot in anger. What was he trying to do?! Humiliate me! Aish! I shook my head as Danielle giggled at my reaction. A minute later Dominic came back with a mischievous look on his face. I groaned once again and let out an exasperated sigh. 
 
 
 
"What did you say to him?!" I growled at him once again and gave him a threatening glare. 
 
 
 
He grinned and then gave me a wink. "I told him I had a friend-you- that was interested in talking to him. I pointed you out too." I practically took off my backpack and threw it at his face. This idiot! How could he do something like that!? I shook my head in frustration as he laughed at the torture he was putting me through. 
 
 
 
"At least tell me what he said." I murmured as we began walking inside the cafeteria, my bangs shielding my now burning face. 
 
 
 
"He said he was interested."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't want to deprive you of anything else so I decided to give you the first half of the the third chapter. I thought it would be better to give you this before I lose anymore of you wonderful things~
Thank you so much for all of the supportive comments and feedback! I wish you guys read my other fanfic and gave me feedback there too! XD 
So here is some more to fill your hunger. I hope you liked this chapter. Next part is comin up soon! I'm out of school in two weeks! Yaaay! So much closer to becoming a Senior! XD I'm excited and sad at the same time! Enough about me!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! Untill next time!~