These Feelings... I haven't felt them in so long!

The Exchange Student

 

I knew I'd never seen him before. He was too amazing to be just any student at this school. That doesn't mean this school isn't okay.  But there were hardly any guys who my interest whatsoever. And this guys was just perfect. He was tall, cute, handsome, and he was my ideal guy. The only thing was... I didn't know him. I saw him every day during my lunch as I would make my way to my friends. But I never talked to him. I would regard him from a far, marveling and that charming smile of his. He was just way too far out of my reach. I was too shy to even greet him. 
 
 
 
"He's shy around girls." I looked up from my phone as my friend, one of the other exchange students, spoke about him. I had told my friend Marie that I had a small crush on him and she'd blabbed to everyone in our close circle about it.
 
 
 
"He is?" I bit my bottom lip as I thought about what that meant for me. Even if I were to somehow become brave and go up to him he'd probably not talk. 
 
 
 
"Yeah. He only has guy friends here. The only girl he talks to a lot is his host sister. His name in Zelo." My heart beat faster. Zelo? 
 
 
 
"Zelo?" I questioned him, curious of his name. I've never heard someone call themselves Zelo. 
 
 
 
"It's his nickname. His name is Junhong Choi." He took a bite of his second pizza. Jeez this boy eats a lot. 
 
 
 
"So... Choi Junhong? I do understand the way you say names, Danny." I tossed a grape at his head, hitting him easily on his forehead. 
 
 
 
"Ow!" He cringed and growled at me, a second or so after the grape actually hit him. 
 
 
 
"That was late, oppa!" Marie laughed at him from her seat beside me. She was munching away on her sandwich as she listened to our conversation. She was curious about my crush. 
 
 
 
"He actually wanted to be called Daniel, but he'd rather be called Zelo. He's in soccer." I nodded as he spoke, a blush rising to my cheeks. Why was I like this?! I haven't felt this way in such a long time! I haven't had a crush in almost five years! I shook my head as I stood. 
 
 
 
"He'd never like me... Not even look my way. Not once have I felt that." I mumbled to myself as I opened my bottle of soda. I took a swig of my favorite soda and then looked to Danny who called my attention once more. 
 
 
 
"Its perfect. He's sixteen. A sophomore." Another bite of his pizza. 
 
 
 
"SOPHOMORE!?" Both Marie and I gasped. I was a Junior. We all were. I had never dated someone younger than me. I'd always dated someone that was at least a year older if not more, and only twice did I date someone my age. The fact that he was a Sophomore baffled me. He looked as though he could be a Junior. I thought he was one! I bit my lip as I thought some more. 
 
 
 
"Yep! So it's perfect!" Danny chuckled as he drank his tea, earning a glare from me. He cringed and looked away. "What!? He's your age!"
 
 
 
"Birthday?" Marie prodded for me since I was too shy to ask. 
 
 
 
"October, 15. Why?" He raised an eyebrow and eyed me. 
 
 
 
"Oh god. I'm a noona. Practically an ajummah!" I sat down and began fanning myself. This was so rare. I couldn't comprehend it. Me? Older than a guy I have a crush on?! Aish! Marie laughed at my reaction as I scowled at her. She would never let me live this down. I bit my lip again and groaned in frustration. What was I going to do? 
 
 
 
"He's leaving soon though, isn't he?" I asked, a pang of sadness hitting me harder than I could ever have expected. Danny nodded and the pain became a stab in my chest. I hit my fist against my chest as I turned around, hiding my expression from them all. 
 
 
 
That day I spent sulking. Even French, which had become something I didn't enjoy as much as I used to, didn't lift my spirits. My friends in Physics didn't help either. I only had three months left to even talk to him. I'd never get close enough to do anything. Homecoming had passed. I couldn't invite him to band banquet, only band members were allowed to go. And neither one of us were seniors so no prom. I was way to shy to ask for a date, and we wouldn't have known each other long enough before he would have to leave. I was out of any luck I'd ever had. I sighed inwardly as I turned off the light to my bedroom and snuggled underneath my blankets. 
 
 
 
"Maybe in the future we will see each other again..." I sighed and shut my eyes. Tomorrow I will not be attracted to you anymore. I won't. I will spare myself the pain of being heartbroken before it even happens. 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wah!~ I finally finished editing this chapter. This has been written out for a while, I was just waiting to finish it. I was also busy writing my other fan fiction I'll Be Yours, featuring You and Park Chanyeol!~ It is a long chartered series. Please go read it!
 
Anyway! I hope you enjoyed the beginning. As I have said before, this will have multiple chapters but be short. A maximum of maybe three chapters is where I'm headed. Again, this is a personal experience I am writing about and I may not end this well. Currently, this is something that is not yet happy nor sad. Just please be patient and gentle. Please enjoy as the story progresses! Thank you for reading!!!
 
Also, I'm waiting on my poster. So soon we will have a gorgeous poster! ^^