Your Smile Brightens My Day

The Exchange Student

"Where are you?" Marie spoke before I could even answer the phone with a "Yoboseyo?" 

 
"Where else? The band hall!" I refrained from shrieking into the phone, and pinched the bridge of my nose. My underclass-men laughed at my frustration as I stood, slipped my backpack over my shoulder, and waved them goodbye. 
 
"Of course. Come outside. You're getting breakfast from the cafeteria with me." I rolled my eyes. 
 
"Arasso." I hung up and exited the band hall, entering the hallway of the building it was located in. I turned into the buildings lobby, and maneuvered past all of the other students whom were sitting inside. I couldn't blame them, it was cold outside. It may be Texas, but the weather here is seriously bipolar. One day it could be breezy and perfect, the next day we could be dying of heat exhaustion, and the next we are dying of frostbite. Today was one of those days. Luckily, my letterman kept me warm the majority of the time. As I pushed open the door, I surveyed the area in front of me that was the courtyard for the idiot that I call my best friend. I shivered as the cold air hit my face and walked forward. I finally spotted Marie walking towards me and hurried to her. We quickly linked arms, as per usual and began walking to the cafeteria. 
 
"So you didn't notice my new jacket? It's UKISS!" She grinned as I eyed her pull over hoodie, that was indeed a UKISS jacket. I gasped and separated from her, turning her around so I could see the back of the jacket. It was a Tick Tock jacket. 
 
"You actually ordered it?! Waaaah! I love it! Can I have it?" I used my best aegyo but she shook her head. 
 
"I don't want your Jo germs on it." She laughed as I pouted. 
 
"Jerk." She laughed and we linked arms once again, continuing our walk. 
 
"So have you talked to that Asian yet? Hmm?" She was teasing me again. She knew I was to shy to talk to him and I would always be like that. She was the exact same as me, and she knew it. I shook my head and her eyes widened behind her glasses. "You still haven't talked to him!?" She practically screeched at me in front of everyone that was in the courtyard. I tried to shrink behind her but she didn't allow it. "Wow..." She stayed silent for a bit and then dragged me into the cafeteria. 
 
"Can we talk about something else? Please?" I leaned my head forward to have my fringe fall across my face, and hunched my shoulders in embarrassment. She could really get out of hand sometimes. Right now I didn't want to be scolded for being shy. I promised myself I wouldn't like him anymore. I would let go. 
 
"Fine, fine. Shoot." She smiled at me as she hooked her arm through mine once again. I smiled with gratitude. 
 
"UKISS is coming back soon." It was the first thing that came to my mind. Her jacket had triggered my mind to think about them. Her eyes widened as she looked at me and she grinned. I thought I saw her eyes dart to the side for a second but I disregarded it. I slipped out of my letterman jacket as we entered the cafeteria, feeling the body heat of maybe a hundred students crowded into the small cafeteria. 
 
"I know! It's been too long without a come back! I can't wait!" She was grinning so widely it scared me. She wasn't always like this and something told me she wasn't just happy about a UKISS comeback. I eyed her suspiciously as we entered one of the lines in the cafeteria. She grabbed what she wanted and paid as I slid out of line to wait for her. I put a single earphone in and began playing my favorite EXO song, Two Moons and began humming the song, not wanting to full out rap in Korean with other students in the cafeteria. As I waited for her my eyes scanned the room, bored as I waited for her to get change for a twenty dollar bill. My eyes landed on the one person I wasn't ready to see yet. He was here! In the cafeteria! My eyes widened and I turned my back towards him, trying to hide myself from him. 
 
"You finally spotted him?" Marie whispered to my rigid form. I glared at her, ready to rip her hair out for not telling me that he was in here. That must have been why she was grinning! I groaned inwardly and gave her a menacing glare to which she only giggled. I grabbed hold of her arm and launched her forward. 
 
"Let's go." She laughed as I kept pushing her. She wiggled out of my hold and turned to me, still walking. 
 
"Heads up Jo, he's right behind us." My eyes widened and I refrained myself from turning around. I begged her through my eyes to stop. "Anyway, when's the album coming out?" I thanked her for understanding the plea in my eyes. 
 
"I-I am not entirely sure. They have just released a teaser for the music video last night. And there was a fan concert where they performed for the first time." I fidgeted slightly as I felt someone behind us. He next thing I knew I felt something touch my elbow slightly. My head swiveled to the side and my eyes met his. For a second everything stopped for me. His features became the sole thing in my field of vision. His small, yet still wide eyes. His plump lips. His black hair swept to the side. And his now tanned skin. I came back to my senses and apologized quickly before turning my attention back to Marie. I felt my cheeks burn as she continued the conversation for me. 
 
"It's a good song. Standing Still. I saw the video you posted. The fan cam." She talked normally, as if I wasn't affected, when I was indeed a mess right now. My mind was swirling and my heart pounding. Just the smallest touch from him made me feel this way. Aish! I nodded and was grateful that we'd reached the door. Without thinking I held the door open for him, like I usually did for anyone behind us. He smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat. I smiled back and then turned to Marie. She grinned widely at me as we continued to walk around the courtyard. She munched on her breakfast as we walked.
 
"Marie..." I couldn't breathe properly, but I managed to choke out her name. She looked to me from her drink and hummed. "He... smiled... at me." I squealed and squirmed in excitement. Just with one smile at me, he brightened my day! 
 
"Oh my god, ew. Stop." She teased once again, but laughed at my reaction. She finished her breakfast just as the bell rang,  and I walked with her until she was close to her class before turning to go to my own. She teased me about getting happy over such a small thing and laughed when I pouted. 
 
When I got to my classroom I was sure I was smiling like a complete idiot. That one smile from him really made me melt. It felt strange that he had this effect on me. I hadn't had an actual crush in almost five years! The entire day I was giddy, and then lunch came around again. I was happy to see his smile once again. It kept my spirits up until I went to sleep. The next two days were going to be interesting. I just didn't know it yet. 
 
 
~~~~~~~
So here is the latest chapter! ^^ I hope you enjoyed it. It's slow right now but the is in the next chappie. :3 Please hold on! Have you seem Zelo's new hair??? It's just gorge. XD
Hopefully I will have the next chapter up soon. I'm still in the process of updating my other fanfic that is chaptered. Please go check it out! 
Also, a huuuuuuge hug and kiss to my up voter! I love you. ;;v;;
Until next time!~