A Little Too Late

Intimate Jealousy

 

A/N: Title inspired by my apologies of not being able to update faster. Sorry, I'm a lazy person, which is very awkward since the name of my section this year is "Industry" (Please don't laugh at it as much as I did). Omg, I'll speak in behalf of Alex, as well. Sorry, thanks and please read! 

♪♪Danielle

“Hyung…”Henry comforts his hyung as he pats his back during their embrace.
Sungmin sobs lightly in response, breathing heavily, his chest against Henry’s nervous beating.
Sungmin shared his story, seeing both men going into a hotel. Of course, having an immediate assumption. Which wasn’t as mature as he should’ve acted; he just didn’t realize.
Henry was trying to comfort him as much as he could; though knowing only one person could comfort this gentle man in his arms now… 

Henry puts his hands on Sungmin’s shoulders, pushing him a little to face him and looks into both of his eyes, “Hyung I-I see how hurt you look everytime Kyuhyun-hyung does his antics… Hyung, I know I may not be as good as you wanted, but hyung… Hyung, can you… give me a chance? I’ll make you happy! I won’t ever make you feel less than you should,” Henry smiles at the last sentence, careful and gentle. It may have been selfish of him to take the situation in his advantage, but who knows? Maybe it will be for the better. And Henry’s definitely sure he can love his hyung so much; it may just lead to Sungmin’s happiness.
Sungmin gives out a small grateful smile, and looks down. Not facing Henry just yet, maybe he can’t do it. He thinks of Kyuhyun, of himself, of… them. A tear falls down from his eye as he remembers the good times, those days spent with Kyu. He missed him, a lot. He looks up at Henry then, his big eyes and sincere concern for him.

He gives in, and gives his dongsaeng a chance, “Okay, Henry…” he smiles.
Henry composes himself and pulls his hyung into a tight hug, his light breathing heard in Sungmin’s ear, his beating as fast as he could get.
Sungmin smiles awkwardly, Let’s just hope I didn’t make any mistake with doing this…

Henry asks Sungmin questions on what he wants; and the latter just nods, smiles or shakes his head in response. It’s been about a week ever since they’ve started; Sungmin doesn’t feel any better. He remembers Kyuhyun as the nerd used to teach him things he doesn’t understand, spending the long time studying; it wasn’t bad. It was more fun than he’ll ever care to admit.

“Hyung, you can open your eyes now,” Henry says to Sungmin while carrying quite a large case. A guitar case, to be exact.
Sungmin opens the zipper, and gapes. Inside is one of the most popular signature guitars ever. He wanted to collect all of those three he’d always dreamed of having. Two down, one more to go; the most important one at that.

“Henry, is this… is this mine? Really?” Sungmin asks, disbelief within him. His large doe eyes meet Henry’s small line ones.

“Yeah, hyung! Of course!” Henry takes Sungmin in his arms, their warmth clashing. Sungmin hugs Henry tighter, grateful.

After dismissal one day, the two head to the school garden. Henry takes his hyung’s pink cheeks in his hands and looks into both of his eyes. He leans in and kisses Sungmin on his forehead, then pulls away.
A faint sound of running footsteps can be heard in the halls, but is silent to the ears of the two.

Sungmin smiles weakly, “Henry, thank you for everything.”
There’s a silent but calming pause, as Sungmin gathers his toughts and tries his best to say the right words all in the right ways.

“But as it seems I still love Kyuhyun.”

Henry shows a smile that may be considered as a slight smirk, he lands his gaze down and thinks. He’s been prepared for this, after all he knew this would happen. At least he could say he was happy. Still is, for them, at least.

Henry raises his head, finally, “Go get him, hyung!” he shouts, his fisted hand raised in the air. His smiling face gentle, as his hair is blown by the gust of wind.

On the other hand, a running man has just stopped his sprint. He pants, longing for a large amount of air. His head, bowed down. He fists his hand, wanting it to take all of his ill feelings away. His mind, remembering the scene he’s just witnessed, his loved one on the hands of another person that seems like such a stranger now. But he never heard the words, I still love Kyuhyun.

previous | next

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
I'm begging you to please comment. LOL