Love and Envy

Intimate Jealousy

 

“Eunhyuk-ah, where’s Kyuhyun?” Sungmin yawns, and asks his dorm-mate who’s trying to write a touching poem for Donghae for their 6th monthsary but is failing terribly as expected.

“Out with Zhou Mi,” Eunhyuk replies simply, not looking up, tapping the blotting pen on one of the papers scattered on the table.

Sungmin’s eyes widen, he goes to his room and grabs his jacket. Pulling on his jeans on the way out, “Bye!” He managed to shout to Eunhyuk before leaving the dorm.

“Hyung, do you think—“ he cuts himself off when he looks up and realized his hyung isn’t there.

“Is this some messed up drama series of Zhou Mi, Kyuhyun and Sungmin? If it is… I wonder who’ll end up together in the end!” he recites in his barren dorm alone, grinning wide with his gums. Not even wondering why he seems to be talking to himself.

 

Sungmin runs out of the dorm building and out of the school gates. He spots a familiar mess of brown hair not too far away from where he is. He decides to follow them quietly. Kyuhyun glances at his back a bit, feeling weird that someone maybe following them, “Mi, do you think someone’s following us?”

Zhou Mi turns his head around and back at Kyuhyun’s enlarged eyes, “Nope. Don’t think so.”

Kyuhyun sighs of relief, “Good. I don’t want anyone we know to see where we’re going.”

Sungmin heaved a sigh of relief as well when he chose to stay in a corner behind them. I wonder where they’re going… Sungmin thought.

As he followed the two, people started taking glances at him, to which he will return with a raised eyebrow. The stupid man did not know that he obviously looked like some creepy stalker.

 

With 15 minutes worth of more walking, it seems the pair have finally reached their destination. Which is a 5-star hotel. Sungmin’s jaw dropped as he looked at Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi enter the hotel with arms linked. He started running towards the other direction, not even noticing the tear that escaped his eye.

 

As he was running near the street of the Dorm Building, he slowed down. He stood still for awhile, hands on his knees, panting loudly. His ears pick up the sound of someone else’s footsteps. Sungmin, taking “security” measures, back high kick-ed the stranger and hit his chest quite hard.

“Ow!” the other screamed. “What was that for hyung?!”

“Oops. It’s you Kyu…” he replies embarrassed, puffy cheeks red. “Sorry.”

“Why were you following me anyway?” Sungmin asks him, trying his best to look stern. Although he feels weaker seeing his face again.

Me follow you?” he points respectively and chuckles lightly. “I was just going back to the dorms. Why were you following me?” he raises an eyebrow.

Sungmin’s cheeks turn red, and stutters, “I-I w-w-wasn’t fol-lowing you!” he says almost as if choking on his own words. “Well, if you’re just going to accuse me of lies, I’m going to go now.” He says staring at the cement street not daring to look Kyuhyun in the eyes before speeding away up to their dorm.

Kyuhyun smirks in victory, recalling his little chat with Zhou Mi.

 

“Hyung, I’m going to confess something…” I say looking down at my hands.

“What is it Gui Xian?” Zhou Mi beams at me looking me in the eyes.

“I’m jealous of Sungmin-hyung and Henry.”

He laughs slightly, covering his playful smile with his hands, “Want to make them jealous back?” he asks me, grinning.

I smirk a bit, not even thinking it was one of my options. Love is making me stupid, like all the other geniuses that have been played with this emotion.

 

“Definetely.”