Chapter 9: Shopping With Seunghyun

Big Bang's Personal Vent Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The streets of Seoul are amazing. It was noon by the time Seunghyun and I made it to the shopping distract he specifically asked the driver to take us too. He spoke in Korean of course but he sounded very specific about where he wanted to go. When he had finished talking to the driver he sat back with a grin on his face, took out his phone and made a phone call.

            After a two minute long discussion he hung up and looked at me.

            “You will enjoy yourself. You like to shop?” he asked me.

            “Yes, I love shopping. I don’t know what to buy though. I am so used to being on a budget,” I said.

            “We will find you something very nice,” he said.

            “Your English is getting so good!”

            “I like to shop,” was all he said.

            The driver pulled to the side of the road and Seunghyun slipped on a pair of Givenchy sunglasses and a black baseball cap, got out of the car and opened the door on my side. He was still wearing his old hoodie.

            “Gamsahabnida,” I said as I got out of the car. The smile on his face grew even bigger than the one he was already wearing.

            “Nice smile-where can I buy one?” I joked, but all he did was look at me with a confused expression. I stood on my tippy toes and tapped his sunglasses gently. “I was making a joke. Your smile is nicer than your brand name sunglasses is what I was saying,”. He still looked confused so I dropped it.

            “Follow me,” he said. So I did. I followed him into a medium sized clothing shop. He walked up to the sales clerk and spoke to him. No one else was in the building. The sales clerk approached me.

            “TOP called us and asked us to close down to the public for the next hour so you two can shop. You are free to look at anything. Can I show you around?” he asked.

            I turned to Seunghyun. “Are you kidding me? Why did you do that?” I asked, shocked.

            “We are shopping,” he said with a smile, throwing me two thumbs up.

“Doesn’t this cost money? To rent out a store?”

“I have friends,” he simply stated.

               I turned to the sales clerk. “Okay, I guess. What is in this shop? I have never been here before,” I said. The clerk was dressed in a button down white t-shirt and black slacks, almost like a waiter, but more formal. He guided us around talking about the many options. The lighting in this building was very classy but extremely bright, as if walking on a runway. The walls were white and the floors were black. I had never been in a place like this before. There were many clothing racks and walls filled with accessories. I was starting to get nervous. YG may have given me money to spend but this place looked very expensive. I took out the money he gave me and started to count it. My eyes widened. 400,000 won? How much was that even?

            Seunghyun was looking at my money spread out in my hands from over my shoulder, his hands behind his back. “Ah…US…hm. 360 United States dollars? About?” he said.

            “WHAT!?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter