9

White Days

★ Sorry i took too long! Had a very busy december! but anyways hope you guys enjoy! And tell me what you guys expect to happen next ;) ★

" Get home quick. I'll call you and discuss tomorrow. " Junhyung's mother said over her shoulder before getting into her car. 

Junhyung and Hyuna bowed after her and got in their own car. Hyuna did her own seatbelt, the words of the woman who attacked her just now

settling itself in her mind.

" Are you okay? I think that went pretty well." Junhyung remarks, starting to drive. Hyuna didn't hear him. 

" First love? Does he still like her? What happened? " She frowns thoughtfully. 

Junhyung glances at her, " Yah, Kim Hyuna! " 

She snaps her head up, surprised. " Oh? Sorry were you saying something? " 

Junhyungs sighs. " Don't worry. It's nothing. You seem bothered. Is anything wrong? " He asks.

Hyuna shakes her head. " Nope. " She lies. For the first time glad she couldn't see his face right now.

~~~

Junhyung paced around the room. " Why am I so nervous. God.. " He mutters, hating how his heart was in his throat.

After getting a mere text from his mother, he rushed Hyuna for a fitting session. For an engagement dress. His family was holding an

engagement party. With that thought, Junhyung collapses on the beige sofa of the boutique. 

" Hard time? " Yoseob joins him. Yoseob and the rest, of course. Junhyung kept his eyes closed.

" You don't even know. " He says tiredly.

" You jerk... when did you even propose to her. " Doojoon says shaking his head.

" And not let us in on it? " Gikwang added.

Junhyung's frown deepen. " Not now, guys. I have a freaking engagement dinner. Dinner. Aunts. Uncles. Nosy people. " He sighs loudly.

The guys look at each other cluelessly. Dongwoon scratches the back of his head. A small, soft, girly cough announced its presence behind

them. Everyone turned and nearly fell out of their seat. Except Junhyung who was still stressed out. None of them could take their eyes off

Hyuna. She was in a wine red and silver dress that brings out her milky complexion. She had her hair dyed red to match. She looked like an

idol. Only better.

" H-h-You-" Yoseob tried. 

Hyunseung hit Junhyung anywhere his arms would hit without his eyes leaving Hyuna. " What?! " Junhyung yells, irritated.

He shot up in his seat as soon as he saw her. " Hyuna.... um.... " He didn't know where to start.

Hyuna tucked her hair behind her ears shyly. Everyone's stares were practically burning holes.

" What do I look like? " She asks brightly to break the silence in the room. 

" Amazing. " Doojoon said quickly.

Junhyung struggled to regain his composure but made his way to her. Hyuna blinked blankly.  Slowly, he lifted his hands and brushes her fair

cheeks with his knuckles. Her eyes lit up, surprised.

" You look like my fiancee. " He grins lamely.

A laugh escapes her lips and the guys agreed with groaning and shuddering behind him. 

-

On the way to the hotel, Junhyung and Hyuna sat at the back of his company's car. Hyuna was facing outside, anxious to her toes. 

" Just to warn you, this party is quite um, extravagant. " He says. Hyuna breaks her gaze out the window and faces her lap.

" What do I need to do? " She says with a determined frown. 

Junhyung glances at her and smiles." Nothing. I'll be there by your side the whole time. " His hand comfortingly covering hers. Hyuna manages

a small smile and pats his hand gratefully.

" It's the least I can do for you since you took me in. " She confesses.

" I'll be brave for you, Oppa. " She smiles brightly at his direction. Junhyung blinks rapidly at her.

" Why do I have to meet this person this way " He wonders.

" Stay still. " He warns. 

Hyuna didn't have time to react- He leans in to kiss the top of her head. Hyuna froze, still not used to skinship like that. 

" Let me off this time okay? " He says with a smile in his voice.

Before Hyuna could come up with a reply, the driver came to a halt. " We are here, Master Yong and Miss Kim. "

~~

Everyone from the company was present, of course. And relatives of both sides of the Yong family. As they entered, Hyuna couldn't register

any of her thoughts anymore except for Ohmygod, Ohmygod repeatedly. And also regretting to be his pretense girlfriend turned fiancee at a

young age. Because what kind of girl her age would actually agree?! Junhyung swiftly dodged questions and walked pass his relatives. 

Junhyung finally found his parents. He greeted his parents and kisses his mom. He guided Hyuna to do the same. Without the kisses though.

" I'll start the toast soon, take a seat." His mom winks and shoos them to a table nearby. Hyuna follows Junhyung obediently, her hands icy and

her grip on his sleeve tight.

" Eat something first. There's a bite sized sandwich on your plate. They're going to start the toast for us soon. " He explains. 

Hyuna frowns. " How is this supposed to make me full? " She feels around the sandwich, flabbergasted.

He doesn't know what to say to that and sips his drink to calm his nerves. Suddenly the lights went down and a spotlight brightly shines upon

the Chairman and Director of the company. Junhyung felt his stomach swoop and looks at Hyuna who was playing around with her drink.

" Is it going to start soon? " She asks quietly. He looks at her in disbelief for a second then remembers she couldn't see what was going on.

" Um... yeah. Right now. " Hyuna puts her glass back and sat up straight.

Mrs Yong clears with a glamorous smile. " My husband and I humbly would like to thank everyone of you today. For celebrating our

only child's engagement anniversary. This is a very sentimental and big for us. Our son has finally found someone he wants to be his new

family. " She starts tearfully. Mr Yong rubs his wife's back. 

" I would like to add that Junhyung and his fiancee have my full consent and I approve of his choice. " He says proudly, looking over at

Junhyung and his friends' lost daughter Hyuna.

Junhyung smiles from ear to ear and kisses Hyuna's cheek, gaining a cheer and laugh from the guests. Hyuna nearly yelped from the unplanned

kiss but covered it up with a bashful smile.

" You could've warned me! " She said under her breath. Junhyung grins and pretended he didn't hear her.

On stage, a trolley was brought in with a large, expensive looking cake.

" Ah... I should've known. " Junhyung grimaces.

Hyuna blinks " What is it? " Relying on him for information.

" Would Junhyung and Hyuna please come on stage to cut this cake together? " Mrs Yong gestures at them. The two paste a smile on and

forcibly made their way up. 

" If you all must know, Kim Hyuna here, is visually impaired. However, as planned, she will not be so during the wedding! " Mrs Yong

announces, an arm slung lovingly around Hyuna's waist. 

The other three on stage stood still, stunned. Hyuna the most shocked, plastered a tight smile on her face.

" HOLD THE KNIFE TOGETHER MY DEARS " Mrs Yong urges them, placing their hands on top of each other.

As they sliced, and camera lights flashed, Junhyung leans in to Hyuna. " I had no idea. I am so sorry. I'll do something about it. " He whispers

hurriedly to a frozen Hyuna. Guests mistook it for a kiss and cheered louder.

~~

The party dragged on till late into the night. Most of the relatives stayed over since Junhyung's house has a couple of guest rooms.

Hyuna and Junhyung, too stayed over. In one room. Her mind raced as she hears Junhyung enter the room. They can't actually sleep together!

They're not even getting married for real! 

" Uh... don't worry. I'll um... sleep on the couch here. You take the bed. " Junhyung speaks up.

Hyuna lifts her face. " But this is your house.... " She says quietly. 

He approaches her on the bed and sits right next to her. " You okay? " He peeks at her face. She nods softly and sighs. 

" I have a lot of questions. " She massages her temple. Junhyung stares at her guiltily and puts his arm around her shoulder, urging her to rest on

his shoulder. 

" We'll talk tomorrow okay? We'll think of something. " He says firmly.

Hyuna nods tiredly. He glances down at her pale and weary expression, troubled.

" What have I done. A stranger I pleaded to be my girlfriend. Now a fiancee and soon, my wife? I never asked her how she even feels." He shuts

his eyes, guilt overwhelming him.

" Go ahead and sleep, I gotta take a shower first. " He says, getting up. Hyuna quickly slid into the covers, falling asleep.

After his shower, Junhyung sat on the bed. Watching Hyuna sleep. He lifts his hands and painfully touches her face.

" I'm sorry you have to go through this. " He whispers.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------