4

White Days

 

Hyuna flops down on the mat, hair matted with sweat. " That was so fun! " She exclaims, dabbing her sweat with her sleeve.

" You did really well, thanks to your exceptional hearing ability. " Doojoon says, lightly placing his hand on,hers as a sign of being

impressed.

Hyuna smiles. " How long did we train for?" 

The male instructor glances at the wall clock, " I think one and a half hours. You're amazing. " He chuckles.

Before she could reply, the door bursts open and in came Junhyung.

Hyuna hears a rush of movement as everyone gets up to bow. Hyuna gets up, too. But she doesn't bow. She knows it's him.

" Wow, Hyuna is training too?" She hears Junhyung smile at the end. She grins, nodding.

Junhyung stares at her admiringly for a second, then faces his trainees. " How is everything around here? " He asks seriously.

" The trainees are getting better, sunbaenim. " The instructor replies. Doojoon and the others agree.

" What brings you here? We thought you'd be busy. " Gikwang asks.

Junhyung stiffens, glancing at Hyuna briefly. " Well actually... I came for Hyuna. " He says sheepishly.

Hyuna raises her eyebrows. " M-Me? But why? " Hyuna feels her heart stir.

" Don't tell me you're eating with her alone?" Yoseob eyes him suspiciously.

Hyunseung notices Junhyung's tense stance and laughs. " Let them go guys, we were gonna grab some soju- Hyuna don't drink right? " 

Hyuna shakes her head. A smile creeps on his face and Junhyung grabs her wrist. " Let's get you home first. " He says kindly.

~

" Is this the part where you turn into a and bury me at the back of my house?" Hyuna asks half jokingly.

Junhyung bursts out laughing. " Come with me and find out. " He says, lightly tapping Hyuna's nose.

Hyuna squirms, her heart almost flying out the car. She opens the car door and follow his footsteps. She hears him opening the door.

" What are we doing, really?" She asks.

Junhyung smiles secretively. " I'm taking you out for dinner! " He tells her, pushing the door open and guiding her inside.

" Yah- His car is here! " Gyuri nudges Hara excitedly. Hara shot up in her seat, leaning forward to make sure he really was.

" I'm going in for Plan A. " Hara said slyly, settling her sunglasses on the bridge of her nose.

She stops short when she sees a a pretty girl step out of the car. And that easy smile on Yong Junhyung's face.......... Hara sunk back into her

seat, mute. Gyuri who saw as well glances worriedly at her friend. But both their jaws dropped open when Junhyung led her into the house.

" THE HECK. "

~

" How do I look.... " Hyuna says. Junhyung who was sprawled in front of the TV straightened up. 

" Beau-Pre-Pretty. " He stutters, looking at her unblinkingly. She was dressed in a simple oversized shirt and leggings, her hair in smooth

waves on her shoulders. But her innocent look won him over. Hyuna gives him a shy smile.

Junhyung tore his eyes away from her and clears his throat. " I was thinking of a dinner-by-the-beach kind of dinner. " He tells her.

Hyuna brightens. " I've never done that before! Let's go!" She extends her hand, which Junhyung takes and led her out of the house.

Hyuna was telling him about the day she had and Junhyung merely smiles, gazing at her with a unusual feeling in his chest.

~

Hyuna immediately leads herself out the car, squealing and giggling as the wind catches her and messes her hair.

" Oppa, you need to come out! The wind is amazing!" She exclaims, spreading her arms. 

Junhyung chuckles to himself as he goes to the boot of the car, taking out a blanket, radio and some sandwiches he bought. 

" Come here, " Junhyung pulls her hand lightly, settling her down on the hood of the car.

" Where are we facing?" Hyuna asks.

Junhyung hands her a sandwich. " The beach. "

Hyuna nods, unwrapping the wrap on the sandwich. " Why did you bring me here? It seems very... Um... Private. " She says quietly.

Junhyung pauses, his mind racing to find the right words. " Honestly... I need to ask of you something." He says.

Hyuna turns her head, waiting. Junhyung takes in her earnest expression and goes for it.

" Hyuna, will you be my girlfriend? " He says quickly. 

Hyuna who was calm until then was so surprised she couldn't speak. Does he like me? Do I like him?

"W...why..?" She asks instead.

Junhyung sighs. " This is going to sound bad but my dad is asking for a daughter-in-law and I really don't like his candidates for my life

partner. " He says bitterly. Hyuna continues to eat quietly, not sure how to respond.

Junhyung breathes, " I figured that if I convince him I have a girl I like... He will drop the issue of my marriage. " He continues.

" But why me...?" Hyuna frowns slightly. 

Junhyung stops eating and glances at her. Why not? " Because you're the first girl I'm actually comfortable with... " He smiles.

Hyuna feels her body tingles happily. She bites into the sandwich, smiling.

" Is it okay with you?" He rubs the back of his neck. Hyuna lifts her hand and gently pats his right cheek, surprising him.

" It's ok with me. " She smiles. Impulsively, Junhyung leans forward and kisses Hyuna's soft cheek. Hyuna gasps, startled. 

" What was that? " She holds her left cheek. 

Junhyung smiles sheepishly. " Uhh... A start to first date?" Hyuna turns to Junhyung in disbelief, pushing his shoulder lightly. 

" Tell me when you want to do that next time, you scared me!" She mutters.

Junhyung tilts his head, smiling slyly. " Ok. Can I give you a kiss?" Hyuna widens her eyes and blushes immediately. 

" No. " She pouts, turning her whole body away from him. Junhyung laughs.

~

Gyuri spits her coffee, lifting her huge shades to get a better look. " Did he just-"

" Shut up! Shut up!" Hara clamps her hand over Gyuri's mouth. Her chest was on fire.

" He rejected a date with me but is dating another girl? A child at that!" She fumes.

Gyuri frowns thoughtfully, " I don't think the girl is a 'child'..." 

Hara waves her input away. She leans back in her seat. " I need to do something about this. " She says darkly.

~

Mr.Yong drums his finger on the wooden desk, deep in thought. 

" This is interesting... Don't tell me Junnie likes the girl in house? Date....? " He ponders over the photo Goo Hara sent him. He stares at the

side view of Hyuna for a moment before calling his P.I in. 

" Find more information on this girl. She's the past owner of the house Junnie is in. " He instructs. 

The P.I humbly takes the photo and bows.

" Yong Junhyung...." He sighs, inhaling a cigarette.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------