5

White Days

 

For the next few weeks, Junhyung has been preoccupied with work so much he didn't have time for his friends, much less for Hyuna.

However he finds himself oddly missing her at random times. He finds himself spacing out, his mind racing with ideas on where to take

Hyuna for a date. Hmmm picnic? Will she have trouble with sand? Movies? Ah.. She can't see. What does she do at home?

" Mr.Yong, your mother is on the line. " His secretary knocks on the glass door. 

"She is asking if you would want to have dinner tonight? " She continues, tearing him away from his thoughts.

Junhyung blankly blinks at his secretary. The woman clears and repeats her statement, firmly this time.

" Ah? Oh.... yeah. Sure, when and where?" Junhyung asks lazily.

The secretary glanced at her note, " The Midnight Restaurant at seven thirty. " She says crisply.

Junhyung nods, " Yeah okay. Remind me again later. " With a final curt bow, the secretary left.

Junhyung sighs wearily. I really wanted to relax today. His mind wandering off to having a dinner with Hyuna. She'll be dressed casually, and

he'd tell her the direction of her mushroom soup, and she'd get some gravy on the side of her lips and he will laugh, reaching over and wiping

it off..... Junhyung snapped put of his reverie, blushing.

" What the heck am I doing? This is all your fault Kim Hyuna. " He mutters to himself. Although he couldn't deny that unmistakable flutter in

his heart.

••

Junhyung lifelessly follows the usher to his table with his mom. Inside, he was scoffing.

"Omma, you know I hate expensive restaurants... You can't take the street boy out of me. " He thought as he was ushered into the VIP section,

the place had private rooms and such.

The usher bowed, "This is the room, Young Master. " 

"Is the old woman inside already? "Junhyung asks quietly.

The usher looks up, startled. Then he timidly nods. Junhyung offers a lazy smile and hands him a tip, sending him off. His hand was at the

door, he paused. There was more than one person in the room, he could hear a younger voice...Very familiar. Clenching his jaw, Junhyung

throws open the door.

His mother and Goo Hara jumps, shocked. "OH. Junie-ah! " Mrs Yong exclaims.

He doesn't meet either of their gazes. " What's she doing here." He points at Hara in distaste.

Mrs Yong looks at Hara, flustered, then hurries over to Junhyung.

"What are you saying? Aren't you friends? Come on, let's eat. " She pulls him to sit, nodding at Hara.

Junhyung wordlessly sits and stares at his plate. " Mom, just tell me what you want to say. " He says flatly.

Mrs Yong pauses in the middle of sipping her soup. "W- w-what? "

Hara plasters a pitiful expression and said, "It's nothing like that. Mrs Yong just invited me over. She doesn't mean anything. "

Junhyung finally looks at her, but a mere second later he fixed his gaze on his mother.

" Ah.. you see. Your father says that it's about time you get yourself a suitable companion. " Mrs Yong puts down her spoon.

Junhyung holds back a smile. Instead, " I know. He told me. " He says casually picking up his chopsticks and started on his beef noodle. 

Hara tried her best not to shoot up in her seat to ask more. 

" Well.....? What do you think? I don't think you have a girl in mind?" Mrs Yong shifts in her seat.

Junhyung smiles for the first time, Hyuna coming to mind. " Actually I do. And I've told father about it. " He shrugs.

Hara chokes on her salad. Mrs Yong stares at him in disbelief.

" What? Who? Why didn't you tell me? " She raises her voice.

Junhyung chuckles. " I wanted to be sure. "  He says simply. 

" What about Hara? I was - "

" I never had feelings for Hara. I never will. " Junhyung stands up.  "Excuse me, I need to go." He says curtly, turning on his heel and leaves.

Leaving both women at loss for words.

••

Hyuna randomly hits the keys on the piano, forming a tune to her mood. She was into it for a whole 20 minutes when she felt like she was

being watched. On her left. She knows there's a window, and where the burning stare was coming from. Hyuna kept calm, even though

uneasiness was forming in the pits of her stomach. She grabbed her cane which was on the ground on her feet and hurried to her room; her

phone. She was alone, and now her ears are prickling and her senses fully alert. She scrambles to the bed and felt her phone. She cautiously

holds it in her hands and tried to find the unlock button. Before she could, she heard the door in the living room unlock. Hyuna froze. It

definitely wasn't the guys. The presence was painfully different.

Before she could discreetly hide herself, " There is no need for that. We're not here to hurt you. " A man announced.

Hyuna wasn't assured. What do I do? Ohmygod I can't breathe.

"We're here from Mr. Yong's orders. " The same man added. Hyuna fell silent. Yong?

"Yong Junhyung's father. " A different man answers her thoughts.

Hyuna felt her chest drop. "Are you here to take me away? " She asked quietly but enough for them downstairs to hear-surprisingly.

There was silence. Hyuna made a move towards the door. If they are going to take me away, where would I go? She wonders.

She stepped out, feeling their gazes on her. Scrutinizing her. " How can I help? " She says. 

The two men look at each other. There was something off about her. Her eyes were unfocused. That much was obvious. 

Meanwhile, Hyuna was dying to know why they were here. " Please, why are you here?"

One of the men scratches his head. This is complicated. "We um. Wanted to ask you about your family? " One of them offers.

Hyuna raises her eyebrows, not what she was expecting. " Family? I don't underst- "

"Please. This will be over very soon if you just cooperate. " Dude number 2 says.

Hyuna had no choice. As long as they don't harm me. She audibly sighs. Hyuna nods and with her stick, went down to join them. The men

gape at each other. Their faces had confusion written all over. 

" Well. Aren't you going to ask? " Hyuna starts, knowing they are surprised by her condition.

One of them leans forward and hesitantly asks, " Sorry this may sound offensive, but are you visually challenged? " He asks the lingering

question. 

Hyuna laughs, the million dollar question. " I don't know.... Does everyone else carry a stick when they go out or is it just me? " She smiles.

They took it as a yes and regained their posture. Ready to pelt her with questions.

" Okay, firstly. Why are you living with Master Junhyung? "

••

Junhyung slammed his car door shut hastily, racing towards his house. For some odd reason, he felt the urge to go see her as soon as he could.

To his surprise, two of his father's P.I emerged out of the house. Junhyung felt his chest tighten. Something happened.

He makes his way towards them. " What are you doing here?" He asks, frowning. 

The two men swallowed and didn't answer. " I asked you a question! " Junhyung raises his voice. 

" We-we only came by Master Yong's orders... " One of them said feebly.

Junhyung's frown deepens. " What did he ask you to do? " He presses. 

The two shared a glance and apologetically shook their heads. " We have to go, excuse us!" They said in unison and scurried off.

Worry creased his forehead and Junhyung strode to the door, flinging it open. His eyes searches for Hyuna. The house was huge but he could

make out Hyuna resting her head on the window, her back facing him. 

" Hyuna... " He whispers as he walked towards her. Hyuna would usually greet him when he comes home, making his weariness go away but

today... Her shoulders were shaking, her hair a curtain over her face.

" Hey.." Junhyung softly smooths down her hair.

Wordlessly, she turns and buries her face into the crook of his neck. Her tears staining his suit but he didn't mind at all. Her sobs became

louder and her breath was hitching. Junhyung closes his eyes, wanting to hug Hyuna and shield her from whatever that's making her sad.

" Tell me? " He whispers to her ear. Hyuna paused, blinking her warm eyes. The sincerity in his voice makes her chest tighten. 

" Those men triggered something that I told myself i shouldn't care about. " She says quietly.

Junhyung sighs, frowning as he held her small face in his hands. " What is it? What did they ask? " He presses urgently. 

Hyuna surpressed the ache in and confessed, "My parents.... I never thought they would really leave me like this. " Her voice broke. 

Junhyung presses his lips together. " But I'm here for you... you don't have to worry. We'll catch them. " He tries to assure her.

Hyuna looks up, " But for how long will you stay with me? And when they are forced to come back... what next? " She asks him, her blank

eyes staring at his left ear. Junhyung hung his head. I don't know.....  He thought.

" I'm such a nuisance to everyone. " She says to herself. Junhyung felt helpless. What should he say to actually make her feel better?!

" What do you want me to do? " Junhyung looks at her in all seriousness.

For a moment Hyuna merely stared at him but then she slowly reaches for Junhyung's face and said, " Please don't leave me. " 

Junhyung swallowed, his heart racing like it has recently.  Silently, he nods. Taking her hands off his face and drawing a heart on her small

palm. 

 

•• 
Dear subbies!!! Since I'm an inconsistent updater, I will try my bestest to update once in two weeks!!! Cant help that im busy and a chapter requires alot of time TnT
So.... hope you guys will wait patiently!!!