1

White Days

 

Junhyung blinks, this Hyuna girl is really pretty. Wait what. Junhyung slaps his cheek lightly.

" Yah Hyung, Come on down- " Dongwoon halts as soon as he sees Junhyung not alone.

" How many of you are there? " Hyuna whispers, turning her head slightly. Dongwoon bites on his lower lip.

" Um- six. " Junhyung clears his throat.

Hyuna inwardly gulps. " Um- I think it's best if you guys come back later? My parents won't be back so soon I think. " Hyuna tightens her

grip on the stick. Her fingers were cold. Who ARE these guys? Their voices and warmth don't seem familiar.

" Okay hold up. You're their daughter? " Dongwoon held his hands out. Hyuna resists the temptation to roll her eyes. I just said so didn't I?

" Shut up. Where are the others. " Junhyung stands, walking past Dongwoon. As Junhyung hollers for the rest, Dongwoon goes around

Hyuna, scrutinizing her.

" Are you blind? What's with the stick? " He asks waving his hand around her face. Hyuna purses her lips and grabs at the vague motion in

front of her. Dongwoon yelps.

" I'm PARTIALLY blind. I can make out things that move. " She says, tightening her grab on his wrist before letting go.

" So what's the situation? " Another guy strolls in.

" Oh. That is one pretty situation. " Said another.

" Heol. " Hyuna mutters.

" She says she's the daughter. " Junhyung says, folding his arms. 

Doojoon raises his eyebrows. " Well they sure left that part out when they asked for money. " He chuckles.

" She could be lying? " Yoseob voices out.

" Makes no sense for her to stay though. " Hyunseung interjects. 

Hyuna blinks. Wait what? " What lending of money? " She asks.

They all look at each other. Then back at Hyuna whose eyebrows were furrowed and confusion written all over her face.

Doojoon approaches her, and crouches down before her. " Your parents borrowed a huge amount from us. For this place. They haven't paid it

back. Do you get it now? " He asks.

Hyuna shrinks in the seat. " Impossible.... They went to the nearby market, they- they'll be back. " She scoffs unsurely. 

The guys stare at each other once again. " Ahh.... Hyuna? Hyuna-ssi. Your parents left you. This whole house is empty. " Junhyung says

calmly. 

Hyuna stiffens. " What? What about me? " She whispers.

Doojoon rubs the back of his neck. " Aish. I can't believe this is happening. "

" I'm trying to get through them- Ah yes. Yoboseyo? " Hyunseung hardens his voice. Everyone fixes their gaze on him. Hyuna feels her blood

pulsing.

" Wait- what about your daughter? What? Are you serious- WAIT! " Hyunseung sighs.

" They hung up. " He tucks his phone back in.

" Well what did they say about this girl? " Doojoon asks.

Hyunseung scratches his head. " Um- they said..... she'll be fine and that she has an inheritance in her bank they couldn't touch.... " He trails

off.

Hyuna gulps. " I don't.... have an inheritance. I have no other family members. " She shakes her head. Lost.

Her tears well up. " What are you going to do with me? " She cries.

Yoseob curses. " We're bad guys. Not some babysitters. Aish I really hate those two. "

Kikwang who was silent up till then clears his throat." We got no other choice do we? She's blind. We can't use her to work for us. We have

to put up with her. " He shrugs. Hyuna wrings her fingers in distress.

" No. I didn't sign up for this. " Dongwoon gestures towards Hyuna.

" What are they though? What kind of parents dump their children? Just like that. " Junhyung scoffs.

Doojoon rubs his temples. Why am I the leader of these fools.

" Okay. Hyunseung go check her room for her cards. The rest of you, clear the lower floor. We're staying here. "

Hyuna shoots up from her seat. " What do you mean? " She blinks her tears away.

" Don't worry. We won't disturb you. You live in this top floor, we live in the lower two. Is that okay? " Junhyung explains.

" B-b-but what about the students that go to this school? " She blurts out.

Doojoon laughs. " You're stuck with a group of bad guys and all you worry about is the kids who go here? Amazing. " He saunters off.

Hyuna gapes after him. Junhyung touches her shoulder.

" Don't worry too much. We'll transfer your things here. Everything will be settled tonight. " He says soothingly.

Hyuna softens. " What's going to happen now? " She wonders, mostly to herself.

Junhyung doesn't answer but simply stares at her, the blind girl in a loose cream shirt and black leggings who just got abandoned.

•••

A week later after the guys ordered the newbies to help set up and re-painted the second and first floors, Hyuna sat at the bench near the

window. The smell of paint was still new and she feels unfamiliar. She needs to feel around the house again.

" Hyuna-ssi, we're going out for dinner. Come join us. " Junhyung appears out of nowhere.

Hyuna whips around, and she could -once again- make out his outline at the door. She hears her own breath hitch in wonder. Junhyung

saunters over to the corner of the room and hands the stick to her, holding her hands and guiding it to the stick. Hyuna jumps slightly at his

touch. " Are you okay? Is it cold? " He asks.

Hyuna silently shakes her head. " No, it's fine. Where are you guys heading? I'm not used to going out, will it be okay if I follow? " She asks

worriedly.

Junhyung chuckles. " Of course it is, why do you think we asked you along? " 

Hyuna considers, she doesn't want to be alone in this house, but she's afraid they might do something to her.

" Hey. Trust me, we're not that bad of guys okay. Promise. " Junhyung assures her as if he knew.

Hyuna nods, him she can trust. There was something different about him. 

" I checked your profile and it seems like you're younger than I am. " He says teasingly.

Hyuna couldn't help but feel her lips tug at the ends. " Tell me more about yourself on the way there, Junhyung-ssi. " She says smiling.

Abruptly, Junhyung takes her stick and puts in her left hand, taking her right hand in his. " I think you need to start calling all of us Oppa."

He says and Hyuna could almost see a mischevious glint in his smile. She hears her heart race and warm tingles down her arms.

" What's this? " She brings their hands up, and turns her face to the right, but eyes unfocused. Junhyung grins wider.

" From now on, whenever we go out, your hand will be in mine like this. " He announces with a cheeky smile Hyuna can't see.

••••

" Yah yah!! Your parking skills !" Dongwoon bellows to Yoseob who was driving. Yoseob shoves Dongwoon's face against the car

window.

" Then next time you drive! " He hollers back.

Hyuna giggles, covering . They've decided to eat at a steamboat food stall nearby and took a car together. She finds herself feeling

comfortable for some reason. Even if the guys don't talk to her much.

" Ahh the night looks beautiful. " Hyunseung comments as soon as he gets off. Hyuna remains still, hearing Junhyung open the door on her

left. His soft hand she memorised comes over hers and pulls slightly. Hyuna follows his silent order and got out, the nice warm air engulfing

her.

" Wow. It is amazing. " Hyuna blurts. Doojoon snickers. " It must've been awhile since you went out eh? " 

Hyuna gives him a small smile. " Thank you for inviting me along." She gave a little bow. 

Doojoon waves her gratitude away, then realising she couldn't see, " Err yeah. No problem. We all live together now right. " He states and

walks away, joining the others who have gone ahead.

Junhyung lifts the white canvas over Hyuna as they enter the stall. He walks her over and sat next to her. Hyuna hides a smile, she loves

steamboat and the sizzling sounds as the meat cooks. The sizzling immediately started as the hungry six boys pile up their meat. Hyuna grins,

enjoying the smell and sound purely. Surprising her, Junhyung scoops the soup and sets it before her, and piles the cooked meat on her plate.  

" Eat. I grilled some fish and chicken. " He says, offering her the chopsticks and spoon.

Hyuna grips the cutlery and uses the chopsticks to find the meat. She happily finds them herself and blindly waves the spoon around for the

soup.

" On your 12 o'clock. " Junhyung's voice comes over her right ear.

Hyuna reaches for the bowl with her fingers and smiles when she feels the surface is hot. She carefully takes a sip, feeling the soup burst in

spiciness on her tongue. Hyuna coughs, and blindly feels around for a glass. Junhyung laughs quietly and puts the glass in her hand.

" TO KIM HYUNA AND FREEDOM! " Yoseob exclaims, raising his glass. The others exclaim as loudly and raise their glasses.

Hyuna laughs in between her coughs and raised her glass for a second before clumsily gulping down the water.

She was free. And unprepared for the feelings she will start to feel.

 

--------------------------------------------------------