Chapter 9: Inner Thoughts

Seohyun's Butler

Since I've mentioned changing things up a bit, I might start writing POVs so that Seohyun is not only the one character I talk about and I can involve more of the other people in the story as well :) 

Hope you all enjoy the change! Please kindly excuse the english!


Seohyun's POV

In all honesty, I never expected my first day of school to go so smoothly. Well, if you do not count the initial 2 hours ariived at uni, that is. Being chased after by paparazzis and the centre of gossips are just not the kind of attention I enjoy. You see, I am quite the simple girl despite my family background. I wish for nothing but a peaceful and quiet life, with no ups and downs that makes your stomach flip and twirl as a roller coaster would. Yet, these are only dreams that I can only achieve in my dreams for the reality is cruel. 

I'm getting a bit off-track as I always do, so forgive me. Where was I? Err.. Yes! First day! I'm really thankful that I have my buddies to accompany me so that at least I do not have to my way in this foreign place, but of course, I have a butler. About Mr. Shim, I still have a lot of uncertainties. Maybe it's my female intuition or sixth sense (whatever that is), I feel that he is much less annoying and somewhat..... what do they call it? Mischievous? No. Kind? Definitely not!... Flirtatious? Emmm.. I seriously it isn't the case. But then, who am I to talk about  flirting and relationships. You may think that the Western education has made me open to aspects concerning feelings or the topic of boys and girls, but the truth cannot be any farther away. I am totally and utterly clueless about these sorts of things. Keke I'm rambling on again.

As I have said, my first day was in fact quite enjoyable especially from piano class onwards. Yonghwa, Nickhun and Ryeowook were super nice and friendly towards me and seemed not the least aware of my status or cared at all. That's what I like anyways: Friends who like you for the real you. However, by saying this, I do not mean that I repel the idea of having Tifffany and her gang as my new friends for they seem to understand my situation and it would be great to learn a trick or two about the upper society from them. How I envy that they have such handsome boyfriends!! But of course, if I ever were to date, my namja need not have good looks but he most certainly has to have a good heart plus respect, love and loyalty for me. (Hits her head) I've gone wayyy off the course... AGAIN!! At this rate, I'll never be able to accomplish anything. Seohyun!! Stop thinking about boys!!! Academic and studies are much much much more important!

Changmin's POV

This morning was quite the excting day for me. Chasing after paparazzis and threatening them was sure a thrill. I have been trained to handle such situations before but never got to apply those skills on field. I guess that's because Miss. Seohyun is probably the most prominent lady I've ever served. Well, the other ladies were famous as well but they were less sorted after by the media for they did not have the charm that Seohyun possessed (why bother with miss anyways, it's not as if the girl can read my thoughts). She is quite the special girl for she does not enjoy the limelight at all, unlike the other mistresses. Seeing her faint in front of the flashing lights and cameras was undoubtedly the most amusing scene I've seen of her. Despite her unconventional characteristic, I feel she has a lot of potential. Simply by how fast she learned the etiquettes (though she took a longer time to master the postures, she was still swifter than the other ladies) and the results during her debut party, I can tell she has potential to take over the late Mrs, Seo's role. 

One more thing queer about this Seohyun is how unattracted she is to men (to me, in particular). I do not mean to boast, but if you have seen how my past mistresses had thrown themselves at me and trying all sorts of tricks to seduce and lure me, you would know for sure how attractive I am (not that I've caved in or anything. I'm a truely professional butler after all). Yet, Seohyun's did not show the slightest interest in me. She is always curt and polite around me, never trying to take advantage of my service towards her. I did observe her faint blushes when I accidentally had physical contact with her but I am fairly positive that the reaction was most likely due to her demure nature and meant nothing more. Maybe it's because she was so stiff and unaffected that I did the unthinkable--- I whispered in her ears when she required a little assistance, twice.

I could have given her reminders by speaking aloud since this was my job after all, but I still opted to whisper, to lean close to her ears. I swore I could feel her shudder as my breath tickled her neck and to know that I was the one to draw such a sensual response from her, gladdened me so. When I had seen her with Lee Donghae and acting all happy and glad, I felt the urge to annoy her by being the cold character she was used to. She seemed not to care the very least and it sort of hurt my ego. But then, she does not seem to care much about boys anyways. Both Mr. Minho and Jonghyun are fine men yet she does not seem the least bit interested. Imagine how broken-hearted Minho must be, I can tell from the way he acts that he has a little crush on Seohyun. 

Nonetheless, I'll keep these thoughts quiet since a butler should never speak his thoughts and remain professional at all times.

Seohyun's POV

The SUV has finally arrived to pick me up. The chaffeur took quite some time so my butler seems a bit agitated. Well, he still has a calm look on but I noticed he was tapping his foot fervently as if he had been impatient. Personally, I do not mind since my driver, Mr. Kwon is only trying to do his job and a traffic jam could easily have delayed his arrival. As long as the reporters do not reach me, I am totally fine with being a bit late. As I got on the car, Butler Shim mentioned something about a photoshoot for the company. I was really sleepy so I nodded carelessly and took a nap.

Now that I'm awake, I notice a tall building that had SFTI on it so it must be appa's company, Seo's Fashion and Textile Inc.. I wonder what I'm supposed to do there. I fell asleep when Mr. Shim was getting into the details. I guess I'll just have to wing whatever I am here to do.

The car stopped at the main entrance of the building and the staff all seem to be informed of my arrival for there are quite few waiting outside for me. As I step out of the car, one of them came over to shake my hands and I immeately notice it was Taeyeon Unnie.

"Taeyeon unnie!! I can't believe I get to see you here!"

She is surprised by my outburst for her eyes widened. "Of course! I work here! We have to hurry to get you changed so come along with me!"

I want to ask her what I am suppose to get ready for but she pulls me into the lobby and then the lift before I get to do so. She pushes the "30" button once my butler has gotten in as well and the door closes.

"The photographer is waitimg for you already so we must hury up! I assure you, Mr. Song is not one you want to mess with." A mischievous look appears on unnie's face. 

"What exactly am I here for?"

The moment that question pops out, unnie throws Mr. Shim a dreadful glare.

"Changminnie!! Aren't you suppose to brief her on that?"

"Ms. Kim, in all due respect, I can't control if Ms. Seohyun's decides to fall asleep in the middle of our conversation."

I feel my cheeks heating up, ashamed that I was the one to blame for my ignorance. Still, Unnie pats me on the shoulder to calm me.

"Well, it's only a photoshoot for the company's new catalogue and you are to be our model since Mr. Seo insisted it to be so. Mr. Song will give you instructions so you should be fine. Or else, you can seek Changminnie here for advice. I heard he was quite the model before he became a butler." Unnie winks at me.

"Really?!" I turn to my butler who is stiff as usual. He gives no response and this convinces me furthermore that he was in fact a model. I'm sure he must be pretty good at it for who doesn't love a man with cool and handsome looks. Disclaimer here, not that I find him attractive at all but I'm sure other girls do.

*Ding*

The elevator door opens and unnie motions me to walk outside.

"Here we go."


AN:

It's been uncharacteristically long since I last updated and I'm sorry for that. But here's the new and improved writing style I'm still working on so don't be too rough on me :P

I hope this is a much more interesting approach for you to look into each character's thoughts.

Tell me how you like/dislike this change and it will sure make my day!! :D

Btw, I've been meaning to have a poster for this story but the shop owner has yet to complete my request after one whole month, I might have to find another one....